[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muadibz

03-14-2011

Agreed.

Pijji

03-15-2011

disregard my post, it was just the graphics

anyway, I uploaded a screenshot of the game on "fast terrain" option on

maybe this interests you, I have no idea. I had it on the lowest graphics settings aswell.

BcB Rage

03-16-2011

I think this is a huge issue with league of legends. Alot of my friends have been talking about this lately and I think its a problem thats overdue for fixing. Not everyone can play with an unlocked camera, me being one of them. Everybody is talking about unlocking your camera but it's difficult for some of us. I've practiced unlocking it in custom games several times but I've never caught on. Even with the camera unlocked, the purple team is still at a disatvantage. The best solution I think is simply making the pieces of the HUD moveable. Can't be too difficult honestly, but knowing Riot (especially after how long it took them to release Player vs. AI) this issue wont be addressed for a good half a year if we're lucky.

fr0st

03-16-2011

Solutions:
-Depending on which is easier for the servers and easier to do either make the HLOS rotatable like some RTS games Eg:Age of empires
The only viable solution. A customizable HUD(rotation, drag 'n' drop, etc.).

-Make Purple side spawn in bottom left as well so which ever side you spawn on your spawning in bottom left meaning each team will look like there spawning in bottom left on there screen and other team in top right
That would affect players who play with unlocked camera aswell. So it wouldn't be fair.

-Making mid lane horizontal like Twisted Treeline.
They can't just remake the map.

-Adding a longer "Zoom Out" so you can see range of all skills within it your HLOS while locked onto your champion may be the most plausible solution. (even though doesn't make it even but makes the disadvantage have minimal effect)
I don't see how this could break/f*ck up the game. So is viable too IMO.

GRUGZ

03-18-2011

i don't normally lock my camera at all so it seems as if this doesnt affect me at all. still, OP should just learn to control his mouse hand.. i hope you're not a clicker

Kenfrot

03-18-2011

The problem with "both colors starting on the same side" IE: both run north to the other nexus. It's pretty simple. The map is NOT symmetrical, therefore players cannot run to the same targets the same way. There are different paths depending on what side u are on. How can u explain the enemy team running to Barron through a wall? You would have the change the map entirely. and That would change game play. Then more Q.Q.

Just my 2 cents. I would like a fix to this though. I vote for more zoom out.

runchbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2011

I also believe in the "purple is disadvantaged" theory, and I've had several games that have given me proof of that. It may just be coincidence but I think all of the stupid people are also put on the purple teams to make the loss even worse.

Steelflame

03-19-2011

Map doesn't have axis(split down the middle, mirrored on both sides) symmetry. It has Rotational(as in your can rotate is so many degrees and it looks the exact same) Symmetry. 180 degree rotate, with SLIGHT modification to the minimap as so that it rotates accordingly to the player perspective(mostly effecting baron/dragon) and records location in relation to the (x,y) of the blue base or purple base rather than just reading the location to the player perspective(assuming its actually dumb enough to do this, rather than xy coordinate system anyway). Only real work would be minimap, for they can leave the sprites of everthing's perspective to be based on chars camera(dont they have it set so that all models of the sprites are seen from one angle anyway? Reversing them to account for camera angle shouldn't be a real task anyway)

The pros say that that would effect them, but what would the difference be but it would seem they are perma blue team? And for camera unlocked, purple STILL had to take the camera a slight bit lower to account for the distance than blue would need to because the viewing angle. So who gains something? Purple. What does it gain? Everything that blue has, nothing more, leaving neither side an advantage accept what advantage the players themselves give.

CrimOudin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

When i started i had the problem with hating my screen unlocked but knowing that playing with it unlocked makes u a better player because u have the advantage on seeing more of whats around you made me get used to it but i think it helped a lot that holding space keeps your champ centered and when i'm looking around i just let go of space and whenever i'm in a fight and need to find myself and hit my skill shots easier i just hold space with my thumb and i like it cause my thumb is always really close to the alt button so i can ping quickly on the map for my team while i'm running or while a battle is starting

CrimOudin

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arosemena View Post
i have this problem too, i use karthus with a locked camera and being purple is hard, i tough of a solution in case that rotating isnt possible, give us the option to move the interface to the top, that would solve it

to everyone with this solution it doesnt work moving your hud makes no new space on your screen you will have the same space available from top to bottom if your hp bar is on the top so it wont allow you to see any further