[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Serpentis

Junior Member

03-09-2011

I can understand what the majority of you are saying with locked cameras. But what I dont understand is how you are able to play with them. During team fights and what not, my camera isnt even on my character. Or if it is I cant even see him/her due to the amount of flashy lights and nukes going on. I just know how much HP/Mana I have, what my cooldowns are and who to aim. Unlocking my camera gives so much more freedom.

During early game, you can easily last hit creeps AND stay focused on the enemy characters, especially if they are ranged. If they decide to do something odd then you have more time to react and a better chance of surviving a gank or whatnot.

Also, map awareness is important. A few of you have been complaining then when youre chasing a character you get past the first tower, only to be killed by the second tower. Its important that you know the ranges of towers, just as you know the range of your character and the enemies. Sort of like zone control. Even with a locked camera, you could still do these things.

But one of the most important aspects of having an unlocked camera is predicting where your enemy will go. If its a 2v1 gank and the enemy runs into the forest, you can easily move the camera to see viable escape routes, allowing you to move and block them and end up killing the enemy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grogtank

Junior Member

03-09-2011

Just allow us to rotate the camera anywhere within 360 degrees before locking it in. I also agree we need a higher zoom out point.

I personally hate constantly dealing with an unlocked camera. I want my champ centered and I actually play better that way. I find playing locked much more enjoyable. That said, even with unlocked camera's purple side is at a disadvantage because of the camera angle and GUI. Purple needs to move the camera further to see the same distance.

Where can we go to see what the developer has planned? Is Riot responsive to the community? The lack of communication makes me feel they don't care.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synister Bladez

Member

03-09-2011

I think a simpler fix would be the option to move the skill/health/mana portion of the hub between the top and bottom of the screen


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grogtank

Junior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synister Bladez View Post
I think a simpler fix would be the option to move the skill/health/mana portion of the hub between the top and bottom of the screen
Moving the GUI to the top doesn't address the camera angle favoring the bottom team. I'm not against people having that option if they wish but rotating the camera 180 degrees negates any advantage completely.

A Dev response to this thread would be wonderful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andariiel22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-10-2011

@topic
Really? Are we like the Korean SC players to feel a latency, when it jumped by one point? Nobody has feels like 1% of this forum, to feel a difference small like it. If you're thinking about suggestions, help with items, champions... BUT HOW THE GRANDFATHER CAN YOU THINKING ABOUT ******* **** LIKE THIS?

Thanks, no more my replies to this topic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grogtank

Junior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Serpentis View Post
I can understand what the majority of you are saying with locked cameras. But what I dont understand is how you are able to play with them. During team fights and what not, my camera isnt even on my character. Or if it is I cant even see him/her due to the amount of flashy lights and nukes going on. I just know how much HP/Mana I have, what my cooldowns are and who to aim. Unlocking my camera gives so much more freedom.

During early game, you can easily last hit creeps AND stay focused on the enemy characters, especially if they are ranged. If they decide to do something odd then you have more time to react and a better chance of surviving a gank or whatnot.

Also, map awareness is important. A few of you have been complaining then when youre chasing a character you get past the first tower, only to be killed by the second tower. Its important that you know the ranges of towers, just as you know the range of your character and the enemies. Sort of like zone control. Even with a locked camera, you could still do these things.

But one of the most important aspects of having an unlocked camera is predicting where your enemy will go. If its a 2v1 gank and the enemy runs into the forest, you can easily move the camera to see viable escape routes, allowing you to move and block them and end up killing the enemy.
First, being able to rotate the camera doesn't just benefit those playing with the camera locked. If you are on the purple team you could rotate 180 degrees and it would be identical to being on the bottom team. You wouldn't have to move your screen as far to see the same distance because the camera angle and GUI is the same as the bottom team.

I'm not sure what "knowing how much HP/Mana" you have has to do with locking or having a rotate option on the camera.

Map awareness has never been a problem for me yet playing locked. I already have the maps memorized so there is no need for me to scroll the screen and look at "paths". The mini map is fine and this is part of the learning process regardless of using a locked or unlocked camera. I will unlock the camera to have a look at enemy equipment sometimes but it seems cheesy to me.

Sight range when locked is the problem, mostly on the purple team. This is why the thread was made! This is why people have asked for a slightly higher zoom out point when locked. This is why people want a 180 degree camera flip or a 360 degree rotating camera before locking it in where they want it. We simply prefer playing locked and want an even playing field. I hate constantly moving a camera around and I like having my champion centered. Why should my view be so incredibly gimped because I play better this way and enjoy it more?

Nobody wants to force others to play locked. These options wont affect those that play unlocked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pounshie

Junior Member

03-10-2011

good eye man, lets hope they can fix this but not make it so different from people who've played it like it is for some time.

BUMP!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WWWilliam

Senior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogtank View Post
First, being able to rotate the camera doesn't just benefit those playing with the camera locked. If you are on the purple team you could rotate 180 degrees and it would be identical to being on the bottom team. You wouldn't have to move your screen as far to see the same distance because the camera angle and GUI is the same as the bottom team.

I'm not sure what "knowing how much HP/Mana" you have has to do with locking or having a rotate option on the camera.

Map awareness has never been a problem for me yet playing locked. I already have the maps memorized so there is no need for me to scroll the screen and look at "paths". The mini map is fine and this is part of the learning process regardless of using a locked or unlocked camera. I will unlock the camera to have a look at enemy equipment sometimes but it seems cheesy to me.

Sight range when locked is the problem, mostly on the purple team. This is why the thread was made! This is why people have asked for a slightly higher zoom out point when locked. This is why people want a 180 degree camera flip or a 360 degree rotating camera before locking it in where they want it. We simply prefer playing locked and want an even playing field. I hate constantly moving a camera around and I like having my champion centered. Why should my view be so incredibly gimped because I play better this way and enjoy it more?

Nobody wants to force others to play locked. These options wont affect those that play unlocked.
If I didn't know any better I could of wrote this post :P I agree 100% I have map awareness and everything as well while locked but when I am unlocked controlling camera can take half a second to move around which could make the difference between hitting someone or missing which if I was choosing to unlock the camera for what ever reason i would accept the risk but not when I'm forced to play unlocked just to get by.

The thing is that NO one can possibly be against this because there is no down side to fixing this, it stops forcing a style of game play to one side and makes the randomly chosen teams even. All solutions can be ignored by people who don't care wont make a difference to them and will help everyone who does care and most likely a lot of people who didn't notice but glad to see the change.
People saying things like "unlock camera/thread" either are trolling or have no idea what where really talking about. Because obviously there is a problem other wise this thread would of just died without a post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rochai

Senior Member

03-11-2011

I completely agree, i havent played blitz in a while cause every match i am on the purple team, very rare that i am blue, but when i am i make amazing grabs that my team loves me for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zero51423

Junior Member

03-13-2011

bump