[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue101

03-01-2011

I agree, as I have so many times before to this type of thread and I hope they do something about it but I don't think they will. something about increasing the skill curve by making people learn to play with unlocked screens >.>

WWWilliam

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSir View Post
I recommend unlocking the camera.... it's something you NEED to get used to to get better. Being able to move the camera allows you to see longer range shots. Believe me. the faster you get beyond Camera the better.

It's not like chess where one side has a small advantage due to first move =P this is just overcome by something you'll do eventually.
Well I like awareness of everything that's happening all time(as much as possible) so I often left click mini map and drag just to see further and see what is happening else where(to get beyond the camera ;P.) I do this on blue and purple side but when I only need to see around me in high pressure situation's (getting ganked possible double kill etc etc.) I prefer to have camera not be a issue and something extra I need to control adding more potential for errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iM TeHCno View Post
I agree completely. It is actually a HUGE disadvantage. When I first started playing I refused to go top if I spawned purple because I hated the fact that my HUD would hide the tower, didn't yet have spacing down very well and I'd often harass only to eat a tower shot.
This! laughing out loud, I remember once or twice I've been so enthusiastic about getting a kill I walked strait next to a tower chasing them and second I hit them tower starts shooting me. I'm like WTF!! I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THE TURRET THERE DEAD D:!. My fault for not been aware of my location or turrets location? Maybe but never happened on Blue team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonline View Post
Oh,

I should mention, I read somewhere that the purple team has a slight Elo advantage over the blue team to help compensate for the camera issue
I would like official documentation, I really hope this is just speculation because if they know about this and slightly compensating it in Elo D:<, Not really worth the compensation because your more likely to lose but you get a little bonus if you didn't lose?(Not fair)
And I hope it isn't because of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue101 View Post
I hope they do something about it but I don't think they will. something about increasing the skill curve by making people learn to play with unlocked screens >.>
Again would like any official documentation but no offense but they shouldn't be telling us how to play and what learning curve we have to follow. People who want to learn unlocked camera control will learn it. People who want to try it will try it but shouldn't be forced onto half the players every game(purple side only) giving them a direct disadvantage to "Teach them how to play better" What if they already know how to do it and don't want to use it because they know that having hassle free camera during a battle is better in most situations.

Also most importantly what if I just want to have fun and relax my way and not be forced to learn/practice how to play with the "recommended learning curve"

Severred

03-02-2011

i agree with this thread- not only because of the view angle, which seems to be difficult to fix, but blue team creeps have the upper hand. recently, i played a custom game with a friend of mine. we both played mid lane, 1v1, with myself on the purple side and him on blue. as the game progressed, both top AND bottom towers of mine were destroyed, without and outside interference by either one of us. an advantage such as this is huge for the blue side, and in my opinion should be fixed

salihe

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSir View Post
I recommend unlocking the camera.... it's something you NEED to get used to to get better. Being able to move the camera allows you to see longer range shots. Believe me. the faster you get beyond Camera the better.

It's not like chess where one side has a small advantage due to first move =P this is just overcome by something you'll do eventually.
This +1

When I read the first post in this thread, it took me a lil while to figure out what the OP was talking about. Once I figured out he was talking about playing with the locked camera, my reaction was something along the lines of, "lolwut, people play with their camera's locked? How?!"

Nothing against folks who do; I just don't understand how anyone can be even a relatively decent player when they're placing such a huge restriction willingly on themselves.

Fishburn

03-04-2011

bump for most annoying thing in this hole game... locking/unlocking camera sohuld be a choice, not a thing that you MUST do to even be able to enjoy the game when u play purple side, i hate HAVING TO unlock my camera playing purple side, its not a choice, u might as well disable camera trackinga t all if tahts the case riot... <.<

WWWilliam

03-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by salihe View Post
This +1

When I read the first post in this thread, it took me a lil while to figure out what the OP was talking about. Once I figured out he was talking about playing with the locked camera, my reaction was something along the lines of, "lolwut, people play with their camera's locked? How?!"

Nothing against folks who do; I just don't understand how anyone can be even a relatively decent player when they're placing such a huge restriction willingly on themselves.
Well you seem to have a difference of opinion from the majority of reply's in this thread so I would really like to hear your opinion in more detail because hey gotta hear from both sides some people have gotta want to keep it this way for some reason?
For example I would like to hear why you think having the camera locked is such a disadvantage?

In my opinion unlocking camera's Pros are you can see further in one direction by limiting other direction view but In most cases you don't need to see further because most things you do(casting spells,placing wards etc) can all be done within a locked camera view and any further everything is in Fog. If it's to see way across map to see other fights etc? There are many ways to do that without unlocking camera I click drag mini map to see across map or anywhere while walking or doing nothing important.
Also while having it unlocked you have to control it which is anther thing to control which isn't a good thing in it self(less things you have to control and still have same outcome the better). So I don't really see much of a advantage to having it unlocked that would warrant having it locked been a Huge! disadvantage beside some long range attacks.

But I do agree to some extent having the camera Locked playing as purple team is a huge disadvantage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishburn View Post
bump for most annoying thing in this hole game... locking/unlocking camera sohuld be a choice, not a thing that you MUST do to even be able to enjoy the game when u play purple side, i hate HAVING TO unlock my camera playing purple side, its not a choice, u might as well disable camera trackinga t all if tahts the case riot... <.<
Exactly! When game starts and I'm purple side I'm hit with a instant thought of Dammit! I'm disadvantaged = "Confidence -75%".

It should be a choice I would like to see them Force people to have unlocked camera on purple side only see how many complaints they get then.

Also Anytime you get purple side I dare whenever you die and you feel like it was because your purple side Say something like: I hate purple side,Dammit purple side stuffed me up . and most of people who legitimately reply will agree.

Droxalis

03-05-2011

There is a huge advantage to unlocking the camera. You can position your champion in one corner of the screen and see twice as far in any direction while still keeping your champion on screen and visible. You also are able to click the minimap when someone pings and have it jump and stay there so you can investigate why they are pinging. There's nothing wrong with playing with a locked camera, but to me I believe it helps tremendously when you have free control of it. To me it sounds like you're just starting out. Is this true? If so just give yourself some time to get used to controlling your champion and then you can slowly work your way up to getting that camera unlocked and looking around the map at everything! :]

It just seems like a no-brainer for people since the original incarnation of LoL in the form of DoTA was in an RTS game where you were forced to play with the camera unlocked. So it's actually weird for them to have the camera locked after having it be under their control for so long.

But even with the unlocked camera there is a slight disadvantage to seeing south while on the purple team. However, with a little bit of practice it can be overcome quite easily. Just keep at it!

WWWilliam

03-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxalis View Post
There is a huge advantage to unlocking the camera. You can position your champion in one corner of the screen and see twice as far in any direction while still keeping your champion on screen and visible.
Which limits your views in other directions and most of the time you don't need to see that far.
Quote:
You also are able to click the minimap when someone pings and have it jump and stay there so you can investigate why they are pinging.
You can do that with a locked camera. Click and drag on mini map and see where ever someone pings for as long as you want.
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with playing with a locked camera, but to me I believe it helps tremendously when you have free control of it.
Sure it can help to control it the way you wish sometimes but most times it isn't necessary.

Quote:
To me it sounds like you're just starting out. Is this true? If so just give yourself some time to get used to controlling your champion and then you can slowly work your way up to getting that camera unlocked and looking around the map at everything! :]

It just seems like a no-brainer for people since the original incarnation of LoL in the form of DoTA was in an RTS game where you were forced to play with the camera unlocked. So it's actually weird for them to have the camera locked after having it be under their control for so long.
Well I didn't play since the start of Dota or LoL or anything but I know how to control my champion and look around the map at everything while locked. Also it doesn't have to be either unlocked or locked the hole game,
Most of the time having it locked you can accomplish the same goals with less effort and potential for error and only unlocking when needed.

Quote:
But even with the unlocked camera there is a slight disadvantage to seeing south while on the purple team. However, with a little bit of practice it can be overcome quite easily. Just keep at it!
This is the main point of this hole thread. That there is a disadvantage to Purple team. and the best way to counter this disadvantage is to unlock your camera which not everyone can play as efficiently as they would with a locked camera on blue team and even if they could they might not want to have to control a camera in a casual game because you where put on purple team.

Randomly chosen teams shouldn't give a advantage to one team.

Blackmorgrim

03-06-2011

It would even be a vast improvement if you could choose where the screen is centered in relation to your character.

For example, say I unlock the camera so that the screen is now centered maybe two inches closer to the bottom left... and then add the ability to lock the camera, at that spot!

The most annoying part about unlocking the camera is the fact that the screen fails to follow your character any longer, but if you can unlock it, and have it relock at that same view in relation to your character, it would benefit gameplay in leaps and bounds.

Keeev

03-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard975 View Post
Unlock the camera?
+1

1234567 ... 11