Can Smite simply have total additional damage displayed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronMongrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

Yes, I realize that it's simple multiplication and takes like a second to do in your head.

But when you really need to know if your smite is going to kill something (stealing a buff, securing a dragon, etc.), that half a second is kind of a big deal.

It's also inconsistent with every other skill simply having the scaling damage displayed nicely in parenthesis.

Sailor Twift

08-01-2011

this would, unfortunately, take some new coding

However, Leona's passive tooltip scales on level and updates the numbers without displaying the level scaling as a modifier. It also shows ap modifier. So it's not like Riot can't do it

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

There are a lot of tooltips for items and skills that should self-update, Clarity Ignite, Heal, AAS, Tear, Lux's Passive...

boourns

UI Designer

08-03-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'll let the right team know about it. Was just jungling last night for the first time in a while and totally noticed that again... dunno when it will get a fix though

n8z

Recruiter

08-03-2011

Well, copy and paste this on a notepad for now:

1: 445

2: 470

3: 495

4: 520

5: 545

6: 570

7: 595

8: 620

9: 645

10: 670

11: 695

12: 720

13: 745

14: 770

15: 795

16: 820

17: 845

18: 870

GunGraver

08-03-2011

Might as well do it to ignite as well

Mejakallu

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I'll let the right team know about it. Was just jungling last night for the first time in a while and totally noticed that again... dunno when it will get a fix though
I recall something about AAS/tear/manamune not being easy fixes since the bonuses (like in RoA) are attached to the item itself and since they're unique they can't do that. They went on to say that the resources it would take to implement a relatively small, yet complex change could be better used somewhere else.

Totally agree with the updating on everyone else though.

Dance Dark

08-03-2011

My thought process as we do Baron:

"OK, so I need to Smite finish this thing so it doesn't get stolen. I'm level 15... ****, that's not perfectly divisible by 4. Uh, the remainder's like 3, so that'd be 75... and then I have to add that and the rest of the levels to 425... ****, I have to carry the 1..."

"Screw it, I'll just Smite it at about 1000 HP."

Needless to say, I don't usually Smite kill it.

Shaya

08-03-2011

If you're running a jungler with the havoc mastery, smite does 4% more damage as well.

Abeillles

08-03-2011

You gotta pen and paper it up like those real Dreamhack pros :P