5man push.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2010

I once defended a tower as Sivir against 3 would be gankers. Flash + Rally, it was the single greatest thing I've ever done in LoL. Blitz tried a grab, I juked, blitz runs in with power fist, Yi starts to alpha, I flash over the wall as ViVi drops event horizon, I run around, drop rally, ult, and go balls out. Tower + fed Sivir + Rally + Ult = GG NO RE. I started typing "This is my house!" and "COME SEE ME, BRAH!" Ah, good times.

On-Topic:
Now, if I try to take on 3 gankers I usually die (unless I'm farmed/fed Nasus with Rally and ult :P) so I got into the habit of conceding and letting them have the tower. My advice? You see the whole enemy team MIA hope you're strong enough to kill some or let them have the tower. One question though, where is your team when this is happening? I've noticed most of the pushes I take part in are 5 man, maybe your Elo has risen to a point where 5-man gank & push is the preferred method? I know mine has. Actually, most of my games since ~100 played have been decided by who gets into a 5 man group first. It's not new, and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post
As for countering it, this will seem stupid, whiny, and complete..moronic to say the least, but I see a 5man push/squad as a lowly tactic to use. I like to have some sort of self righteousness and dignity when playing a game. If that even exists. Heh. I'm just one of those people who attempt to win or succeed at something by doing something that isn't the most overpowered component out..

Alarik33

02-01-2010

Quote:
this will seem stupid, whiny, and complete..moronic to say the least
at least you were right about one thing

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2010

Unless they inflate all health values in the game (Champions, towers and creeps) by x10 or so, the speed with which a 5 man group can down the enemy champions is just too great to do much of anything against it. With higher health-to-DPS ratios across the board, then 2 people can survive long enough against 5 for their friends to join the cause. But that would extend the duration of games, which apparently RIOT desires to avoid.

Droog

02-01-2010

Quote:
I like to have some sort of self righteousness and dignity when playing a game.
this.

this is your first problem. if you want to win games and come here looking for advice you have to realize there is no point in video game "honor". i see the same **** people spew about surrendering. do what it takes, if you don't like that you have to 5 man to win then either quit the game if you don't enjoy it or... stick around and wait to see if riot will implement changes for the benefit of the metagame. swallow that pride and round up your team to 5 man - trust me. its not a "lowly tactic" its simply how the game is played at high and mid elo.

NoyRave

02-01-2010

this is bs just simple really, if they all go bot, let the other 3 farm like hell, go back to base, get gear, kill the enemy push get kills, and win just defend with the right hero and your all set.

this only happens to me, like 75 games before, then doesnt matter really, coz if they let me have lane or any of my teammates we would usually perfect each creeps and then defend to the mid towers and owned them simply because those 2 heroes defending tower delayed them a bit, and we managed to get around 30-50 creep kill.

recommended hero to defend (alistar/sivir/annie/veigar/annivia/malphite/morgana) and if i forgot any just name them.

Peaxh

Recruiter

02-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggleGrass View Post
Easy, this works for me, our team would allow the highest hp champ to go front so they would target him and then we would own the enemies one at a time while they are targeting the high hp person because in LOL you have a habit of finishing your work that's why most people get owned by turrets.

Isn't this called baiting?

Droog

02-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaxh View Post
Isn't this called baiting?
technically, not really. baiting is when you have your team hiding in the jungle and one teammate goes out the other team follows them to the trap.

what he was talking about is really just "tanking". one high hp person taking the hits. in more skilled games this doesnt really fly that well because the other team should be smart enough to attack the high dpsers first. so its usually best to pick some kind of tank that offers some sort of cc (malphite/amumu/etc.)

kaodynamics

02-01-2010

zomg there fighting together!!! No one on one duels!!! Where is your HONOR!!! I'll be que dodging the names on this thread.

Zanoni

02-01-2010

There are two ways to counter a 5 man gank. Either have your team group up and team battle, or push all three lanes simultaneously. If you group up, then you'll have a greater chance of killing their whole team. If you push all three lanes, then chances are they won't be able to respond to your push fast enough and you'll get one or two towers down while they get one tower down.

If you can't take their team in a team battle, then you can always turret hug as a team and have the turret do the damage for you. Even level 18s can't stand turret fire for long (unless they have a TON of HP stacked), and if your entire team is defending a turret then it can easily make up for a 4 or 5 level difference between teams.

You'll probably want to push lanes if you have a lot of pushers in your group. Champions like Sivir, Yi, and Alistar can push hard, and can usually push a lane by themselves. If you have champs like this in your team, then you may opt to 3v5 the other team at your turret and have the other two champs push the other lanes. This way you can defend and attack at the same time...

SlyGoat

02-01-2010

Quote:
@SlyGoat - I didn't see it happen until 2 months into LoL. So..yeah..
it's not a new thing, you're just finally in a decent enough elo bracket that you're seeing good teams. 5man roaming/ganking/pushing is basically all this game is about.