Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karma Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rightcoast

02-26-2011

Masteries:

9/0/21

Summoner Spells:

Flash, Exhaust

Runes:

AP Quint (Flat)
Magic Pen Reds (Flat)
Mana Regen Yellow (Per Level)
CDR Blue (Flat)

There can probably be other rune setups, but this is what has been working for me the best.

Skill build:

E,Q,W,E,Q,R,E,Q (Ect... alternative e and q equally get w last)

Item Build:

Dorans Ring, Deathfire Grasp, Spell Pen Boots, Void Staff, Rab Death Cap, Zhonas Hour Glass, Lich Bane.

Strategy:

Duo lane. Grab w first if you have garen in your lane (accurately states this in champion spotlight).

Run up to other champs and mantra e sheild to harass/dmg (can also use this on your ally). I don't like to use it on creeps nearby champs because it tends to be a waste of sheild, but its a good practice if the champ is low. Follow up with a Q on the target.

Also, mantra Q when you have low hp.

I like to bait oppenent around and get to very low health if they are at about 1/2 hp. Usually, the enemy will charge you and you can aoe sheild, heal, exhaust and they usually die (early game).

In team fights, you want to try to sheild an oppenet taking damage. I don't like to mantra E in team fights unless I'm very farmed because mantra heal comes in very handy. Also use W as often as possible to speed up/slowdown enemies. That spell is very underated and can make or break ganks/teamfights/escapes.

I'm really tired and I will update this startegy, but this build has been working the best for me because I had about 900 ap and good spell pen, so I was taking out half the other teams health with my mantra E. Also, deathfire helps you assist in the dps apartment, gives u mana regen, and cdr all of which suit you well.

There are obviously other ways to play her, but I found this way the most "fun". Sorry that the guide is a little sloppy and a wall of text, but if you have any questions just post. Thanks!

Rightcoast

02-27-2011

eithier this guide sucks or ppl hate karma or both, its prob both haha

Jack Harkness

02-27-2011

You're leaving out how great karma is at denying mellee champions any farm and shield creeps is just how you do it. Mantra a creep shield and they won't get close to that they'll switch lanes if they can.

Mitch Bade

02-27-2011

Karma For Dummies:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/karma-for-dummies-60415

This is a guide I wrote, and it is one of the most extensive guides out there. I also include a spreadsheet, and some pictures for people who don't know her that well.

Karma is a beast of a support. My guide has tons of useful tips for every situation, and the item build is perfect. My build gets you max CDR with the first 3200 gold you get in the game, as well as nice AP and mana regen.

Give it a try, and please read my guide! I promise it will make you a better person!

Rightcoast

02-27-2011

does my item build seem ok?

Mitch Bade

02-28-2011

Your item build is ok for the most part.

Most people get Boots of Lucidity for the 15% Cooldown Reduction, because since she is a nuker/support you want her to be able to spam shields and other spells.

At max CDR Heavenly Wave is at 3.4 seconds, Spirit Bond (level 6) is at 6 seconds, and Soul Shield is at 6 seconds. Magic Penetration is a good stat, and I can't say that it is useless on Karma, since she can deal damage with all of her abilities, but the 15% from masteries and 8.5 from runes has been enough for me to get plenty of kills and assists.

Since you can get 9% CDR from masteries and 30% from DFG/Morello's and the Boots, you can get rid of the CDR glyphs, and replace them with AP, or more Mana Regen. I use MP5/lvl Seals and Glyphs, and that combined with meditation mastery and Morello's Evil Tome gives me plenty of mana regen for my aggressive style.

However you wanna build Karma is good for you. I have found some really good success with my build, and the only things I can suggest are to remove Void Staff since you don't need that as a nuker/support role. Masteries + Rune Magic Penetration is plenty for her. There are other items that benefit her more.

You don't have any HP items at all, so I want you to try Rod of Ages. Rylai's is pointless since most of her abilities that make contact will be AOE, and you can really benefit from the extra HP and MP RoA gives. I find that item to give me a perfect amount of survivability and it allows me to focus more on AP for heavier shields and nukes.

Lich Bane is also not an ideal item for her, although it can be fun to use in pub stomp games where there is no way you can lose.

My Core Build:
-CDR Boots
-Morello's Evil Tome
-Rod of Ages
-Rabadon's Deathcap
-Banshee's Veil (if necessary)

Most games only last long enough for the first 3 items, so being able to have max CDR and good AP and survivability as early as possible is a huge benefit to your team and your role.

Your other items are all great choices for Karma. I rarely get Zhonya's Hourglass unless I really need the armor, but it still works great for her.

zxlkcf

02-28-2011

Archaic Knowledge does not stack with the Sorceror Boots.

Mitch Bade

02-28-2011

Quote:
ThatsGay:
Archaic Knowledge does not stack with the Sorceror Boots.

Of course it doesn't.

Magic Penetration applies flat Mag Pen and then applies % Mag Pen after that. It does work with Sorc Boots, but it is applied to whatever MR is left after that.

8.5 Magic Penetration from Runes
15% Magic Penetration from Archaic Knowledge

is enough for Karma.

Karma gets more use from CDR Boots, and Void Staff is not necessary, since you aren't a full on carry. Unless 2 or more enemies are stacking Magic Resist, Void Staff will have a very small influence, and Mag Pen won't help your shield or heals be more effective. Only Damage is affected.

You want Mantras to be available as much as possible.