Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit from 32 bit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trogger

02-24-2011

Do I need to reinstall LoL or can I just use the installation I was using on my 32 bit system?

Trogger

02-24-2011

Bump

1TBSSD

02-24-2011

I believe that you can't just upgrade Win7 from 32bit to 64bit. It has to be a clean install, so you will have to reinstall every application.

EDIT: Just found the info from Microsoft

Quote:
If you want to move from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa, you'll need to back up your files and choose the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. Then, you'll need to restore your files and reinstall your programs. For more information about performing a custom installation, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7* (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7).

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

02-24-2011

1TB is right, there is no direct upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. You need to do a full reinstall to 64-bit with the Windows OS disc in which case you have to reinstall everything. League of Legends will work on a 64-bit operating system--but will not be in 64-bit mode.