Upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit from 32 bit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trogger

02-24-2011

Do I need to reinstall LoL or can I just use the installation I was using on my 32 bit system?

Trogger

02-24-2011

Bump

1TBSSD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

I believe that you can't just upgrade Win7 from 32bit to 64bit. It has to be a clean install, so you will have to reinstall every application.

EDIT: Just found the info from Microsoft

Quote:
If you want to move from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa, you'll need to back up your files and choose the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. Then, you'll need to restore your files and reinstall your programs. For more information about performing a custom installation, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7*.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

02-24-2011

1TB is right, there is no direct upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. You need to do a full reinstall to 64-bit with the Windows OS disc in which case you have to reinstall everything. League of Legends will work on a 64-bit operating system--but will not be in 64-bit mode.