Release Notes 08/19/09

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

viperneo

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
To explain the logic behind some of the buffs to 'overpowered' characters:

These changes were systematic - we wanted to across the board make characters better at early game combat. We felt in many cases that the problem was either stat based or that abilities deal too little damage at the first couple levels. This problem is fundamental to the game - we want the game to be fun and exciting early on. So, we're fixing this problem.

Might this make some imba characters slightly more imba? Maybe. But it's important to get the game feeling the way we want it to before it's super balanced. This is beta, after all!

In general our design philosophy is to make something fun, then bug free, and then balanced.

As an FYI, we do have a planned remake for Sivir coming soon, as well as possibly Ashe.

So, isn't the point of beta to actually balance the game before the release.....

And if you do have are going to remake Sivir and Ashe wasn't the tweak to them just a waste of time and pointless.....

The game is currently fun as it ..... but seriously tweaks were made to every single char just to 'improve early game'? The pace of early game should be a bit slow...not so level 1 skills take half ur hp

As good as this patch is....I honestly believe atleast half of it was unecessary and a total waste of time when other issues could have been addressed.

Reiko

08-19-2009

I just updated the patch, and when i go log in it's asking for my beta key again. I enter that and it says it's invalid. Is anyone else getting the same problem?

Mpalm

08-19-2009

Not crazy about some of the stronger heroes getting buffed... but we'll see what happens. I like the new early game damage buffs though.

Silverwing

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Why no change to cho'gath spikes delay? Once you get level 1 boots you are safe from the spikes.
well if your in a large battle with a bunch of people you might not see it, I play anivia alot and the flash frost can be *dodged easily but i still mange to get people.

Damashi

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
Yes! It does stand for Voice Oactor (you forgot the silent "o" at the beginning of oactor.).

Lol I so dearly wanted to point that out to him, but I was nice. Made me laugh =]

Silverwing

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
I just updated the patch, and when i go log in it's asking for my beta key again. I enter that and it says it's invalid. Is anyone else getting the same problem?
yes, the relams are down until 1 (moutain time?)

Giken

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
yeah im getting the same thing, but http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/server_status.php
says the server is still offline.

Silverwing

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damashi View Post
Lol I so dearly wanted to point that out to him, but I was nice. Made me laugh =]
omg i cant spell x D

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2009

Damn. Still no new map. =(

I'd prefer a new map/mode of play over new champions =(

Until we get some new maps, LoL is a rehash of DotA.

Kalec

08-19-2009

Wtf
very nice update
best update ever