Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play Corki

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GabeJediKnight

02-24-2011

Ok, everyone seems to say he is fine. I used to play him before the "buffs" and then subsequent rape. I can't seem to play him anymore, I feel incredibly squishy and don't seem to do any damage.
I used to play like so:

Runes: armor pen quints and red, mana regen/level seals, cdr glyphs

summoner spells: exhaust ghost

Masteries: 9/0/21

Build: doran's blade, rush IE, merc treads (sometimes zerker when not real cc threat), old LW then it depended on match

Skill order: q first then R>E>Q>W

Now the way I played him was to farm up (mid prefarably or solo top) and once I get my bf sword roam around. I'd jump on people with E going q and just watch them melt as I spammed missiles. This is obviously a big no no with the current corki. So I ask, how do you play corki viably? I tried the manamune trinity build and got destroyed, perhaps because of my playstyle or because I didn't get a solo lane.

tl;dr I suck with corki, I need advice

Sturmhard

02-24-2011

corkis E was hit hard by the "bug fix"

you are now much more reliant on a team that keeps you safe ánd does well. if you are in a weak team you will never be able to snowball like other carries. if you are in a decent team though you can still do your job.

Reptar

02-24-2011

Prioritize Q, its a GREAT harass in lane.

Q, Auto attack once-twice, move back, rinse, repeat, that burst damage is enough to make trades with most mid-champs well worth it, not to mention the 35% miss chance they have after that can mean either missed harass from auto attacks on you, or missed last hits.

Also, a lot of players will argue that getting an early sheen into an eventual tri-force is great, due to his ability to spam rockets for procs and his passive.

IIRC, the "Tri-force build" looks something like

Mana Crystal+pots
boots+tear
manamune+boots 2
Sheen
Black Cleaver (or some other heavy AD item, cant remember)
Tri Force
Banshees
*situational*

Manamune gives you the mana needed to actually harass with corki, one of two champions I consider getting manamune on (urgot being the other)

Chairman Stalin

02-24-2011

Quote:
GabeJediKnight:
Ok, everyone seems to say he is fine. I used to play him before the "buffs" and then subsequent rape. I can't seem to play him anymore, I feel incredibly squishy and don't seem to do any damage.
I used to play like so:

Runes: armor pen quints and red, mana regen/level seals, cdr glyphs

summoner spells: exhaust ghost

Masteries: 9/0/21

Build: doran's blade, rush IE, merc treads (sometimes zerker when not real cc threat), old LW then it depended on match

Skill order: q first then R>E>Q>W

Now the way I played him was to farm up (mid prefarably or solo top) and once I get my bf sword roam around. I'd jump on people with E going q and just watch them melt as I spammed missiles. This is obviously a big no no with the current corki. So I ask, how do you play corki viably? I tried the manamune trinity build and got destroyed, perhaps because of my playstyle or because I didn't get a solo lane.

tl;dr I suck with corki, I need advice

Manamune > Trinity force is best build ive played with corki. Also i would grab Flash or Ignite over Exhaust. Corki has enough front end dmg to destroy most people with an W > E > Q > R > IGNITE combo. And if you want to escape , Flash is much better than exhaust because it can juke multiple people. But you should start ganking side lanes come mid game , corki starts to be very potent earlier than most carries.

Ultimately corki is not a pure auto attack champ. Gotta use all hes abilities so items like IE are a no no (abilities don't crit). I usually grab black clever and BV in no specific order after manamune and trinity.

OK GL

GabeJediKnight

02-24-2011

Ok, thanks I'll try it tonight