League of Legends 101

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghettobarney

01-31-2010

Ok well there's probably other guides like this but I decided to do a really quick run down of some things about league that new players would find useful, starting with.

- The turrets WILL kill you, especially at early levels, if you are not a tank champion, do not turret dive, oh by the way they are "turrets" not "torrents" or "turrents" or whatever stupid way people spell it , ever. Seriously.

- If you are an attacker champion, 99% of the time infinity edge will fit into your build and will turn the game around, buy it.

- Don't play as Janna

- Don't lose to Janna either

- MASTER YI IS NOT A TANK, STOP PLAYING HIM LIKE ONE (you know who you are)

- If you gon feed then you best not feed twitch

- All poppy's are either horribly bad or stupidly good (DPS tank wtf?) don't 1v1 her, which leads me to my next rule...

- Don't ever 1v1, the only exception to this is if your, well, poppy, or twitch, but not against a tank. But don't turret dive as her either. Actually just don't turret dive ever.

- Don't play as Janna

- See that giant purple (or blue) crystal thing in the enemy base? Yeah, attack that, not the 1 minion next to you.

- Anivia + Zilean + Guardian Angel means you're invincible. Then again if you play Anivia you are probably competent and don't need pointers. Though speaking of Anivia, don't go all "hurr durr here go fight 4 enemies on your own behind my wall I'm more important"

- If you won 5v3 don't say "GG" you just make yourself look like an ass stroking his ego, beating down 3 people isn't a "gg", stop it, just stop it.

- Seriously Janna sucks.

- If you are 1/14/0 Then it's your fault your team lost (unless they are 0/30/0 in which case they are either a bot or 3 years old)

- Janna

That was more of a venting rant but take it or leave it.

GamBino826

01-31-2010

I don't really understand all the hate on Janna. You probably just ended up playing with a bad one, but good Jannas are very valuable to the team in many ways. Janna can DPS fairly well (given her slow spell and fast movement speed), as well as being an amazing supporter (it is near impossible to take down a turret if Janna spams her shield over it).

Maggeus

01-31-2010

That's because Janna failed at being ultimately useful in many situations. Her shield is weaker (IMO, of course) than a Black Shield, she DPS fairly well indeed but not as good as the other DPS champions.

She's weaker at support than the other supports (Taric, Zilean, Morgana...), and weaker at DPS than the other ranged DPS.
In a teamfight, her ultimate is nice, but you need to time it perfectly. Even with that, her ultimate is almost weaker than every other ultimates in the game, only Morgana is harder to place.

In a team, she can take every position, but fail at being the best in by far. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobarney View Post
Ok well there's probably other guides like this but I decided to do a really quick run down of some things about league that new players would find useful, starting with.

- The turrets WILL kill you, especially at early levels, if you are not a tank champion, do not turret dive, oh by the way they are "turrets" not "torrents" or "turrents" or whatever stupid way people spell it , ever. Seriously.

- If you are an attacker champion, 99% of the time infinity edge will fit into your build and will turn the game around, buy it.

- Don't play as Janna

- Don't lose to Janna either

- MASTER YI IS NOT A TANK, STOP PLAYING HIM LIKE ONE (you know who you are)

- If you gon feed then you best not feed twitch

- All poppy's are either horribly bad or stupidly good (DPS tank wtf?) don't 1v1 her, which leads me to my next rule...

- Don't ever 1v1, the only exception to this is if your, well, poppy, or twitch, but not against a tank. But don't turret dive as her either. Actually just don't turret dive ever.

- Don't play as Janna

- See that giant purple (or blue) crystal thing in the enemy base? Yeah, attack that, not the 1 minion next to you.

- Anivia + Zilean + Guardian Angel means you're invincible. Then again if you play Anivia you are probably competent and don't need pointers.

- If you won 5v3 don't say "GG" you just make yourself look like an ass stroking his ego, beating down 3 people isn't a "gg", stop it, just stop it.

- Seriously Janna sucks.

- If you are 1/14/0 Then it's your fault your team lost (unless they are 0/30/0 in which case they are either a bot or 3 years old)

- Janna

That was more of a venting rant but take it or leave it.
Seems more like a thread bashing noobs.. really sarcastic and jerk like o.o

Next time you make a guide be helpful in it, and not a jackazz.

derpvonderp

01-31-2010

The communities for dota-style games are way too rough on new players.... This thread is garbage.

Granrok

Ghettobarney

01-31-2010

Yeah it was pretty sarcastic, but some of it is good advice, infinity edge is awesome, 1v1 is always a horrible idea and Janna is the worst champion, she's decent early game but that's about it. I didn't intend to write it as noob bashing, and saying GG after a beat down makes you look like more of an ass than I do, and I'm a huge ass so that's hard to pull off.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2010

What a bad thread. /facepalm

Akedomo

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobarney View Post
and I'm a huge ass
We can tell..

And Janna is not the worst hero in the game, Just because you don't know the value of the best support hero does not mean you make a thread to rage against that hero.

Get a life, Or learn to play. Either way you come off as a complete ass, Thinks he knows what's best for noobs. Simple facts are all it takes, you don't need a whole noob bashing thread to try to get your point across.