Kassadin Guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heliostorm

02-23-2011

Trying him for free week, considering buying him. Currently leveling R > Q > E > W. Build is currently Catalyst -> Tear -> RoA -> Archangel -> Rabadon's. I'm not comfortable with this build though, as I feel it takes too long to start doing damage, and I am farming very poorly with Kassadin (got zoned from last hits by a Teemo pre-6, after 6 I tore his face apart though). In teamfights I go for the squishiest carry I can find, prefering casters over carries since my silence hurts them more. Any good Kass guides out there, and any suggestions on what I should do?

Vizera

02-23-2011

Yeah theres a good one on mobafire can't find it.

I got reemed by a some player yesterday because I laned 2vs1 against mordekaiser and blitzcrank. Went 0-3-1 before we surrendered. The other teams Kassadin decided it would be fun to verbally harrass me for choosing Kassadin because it happends to be a free week. A lot of Kassadin players are touchy I guess about other people playing "their champ" be warned lol.

Some usefull things I've found so far is that I start with a Meki pendant and 2 hp pots. This allows you to poke with your Q. Just use it everytime on CD. I max E after 1 into my poke and alternate them.
Once you have a good amount of money I pick up a blasting wand and boots. Try to land a mid or side lane gank or return to farming.

Early game farming, just concentrate on last hits. With your Q you should keep the opposition moving around a lot. Most of the time early game if you keep poking at 1 hero you should be able to land a quick Q + E + incinerate or whatever the summoner spell is. Most of the time will get someone whose at half health.

Team fights I try to taunt someone in chasing me and seperating from their team. Once this happends its GG.

The final build I''ve been going with is ArchAngel > Sorc boots, MaginPen Staff (if needed), cap, and then filling out whatever niche items you need. Be it HP/Abil power or Magic Res.

DrDragun

02-23-2011

The most important thing about Kassadin is not so much his build as his movements. This video by 1950 elo Colbycheeze is a good primer. I take different masteries (Strength of Spirit so I dont get pushed around in lane so much) so I am giving this video more to show the movements than the actual build.

With that in mind, you can build a very glass cannon style and not spend 3000g on Rod of Ages but instead rush a Mejais and start ganking at very low levels and get your AP to fearsome levels on a low budget.

Just for reference my build is typically

• Amp Tome + Pot
  • When I have 1150 gold go buy Mejais + Boots 1
  • Start ganking immediately and use Exhaust + Ignite to guarantee early ganks will add to your stacks
  • Blasting Wand - at this point in the game you will be starved for mana and take some fountain trips, but some basic AP is more important than mana regen to secure your ganks and get stacks
  • Meki -> Tear - FINALLY I can breathe a sigh of relief with some mana regen, but if I got this too early then my ganks will be weak
  • Deathcap
  • Lichbane / Archangels
  • Banshees
  • Voidstaff when needed (it will be at some point)

[turley]x0qi3nRlqv4[/turley]

Heliostorm

02-23-2011

Thanks guys, especially DrDragun for the vid.