(OPEN RP) Please read. The Tiamat of Valoran!

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delmegar

04-25-2011

"Ahh, w-what?" The large warrior stuttered. "What do you all want? We been avin' a discussion! Mind yer' business, will ya?" He looked at the strange newcomers with apprehension. Until now, he had never met a robot. And the other 3 were just as irksome.

Paulis jumped at the touch of the one in black. He quickly pointed his wand at the man. To his friends, it was obvious he was a hack. But he might be able to frighten this one off. "Do not touch me again, stranger. The Tiamat is our prey and we will not be having any distractions like you all get in our way! So, get lost!" He looked at the one in orange with the long blonde hair and felt slightly ashamed. This one looked far more convincing as a mage.

The third man, resembling a Demacian, looked to the one barking orders at them. This one wore the armor of a Demacian officer and had the surcoat of Mercel. "You are not an officer." He stood and reached for his sword. "Mercel, or no Mercel. You aren't going to come in here and bark orders like you are your father, boy! We won't be discussing the Tiamat with any of you."

When he motioned toward the young Demacian; he dropped the note the warrior in red had left them. He tried to grab it before the others but the one in orange was the fastest.

Maragonn

04-25-2011

Damian snatched the parchment from the former Demacian soldier. When the mercenary drew his sword, Damian muttered some words and watched as he was pinned to the wall by a wave of energy. "Stand down or I will not be so generous to the rest of you. That was your warning." Damian waited a few moments for the rest of them to take their seats and he continued to read the message aloud. It was signed by someone named, Thatmuz.

"Thatmuz? I've never heard the name." He said mostly to himself. These newcomers, including the stranger in black, were not his allies. He had none. Except his Dolls. Potentially the biggest threat out of them was the Demacian ordering them to withdraw from their pursuit of Tiamat. He looked like a fierce fighter with an agenda. "I'll take my leave of all of you."

Damian, the Puppet Master, moved through the crowd. the eyes of everyone in the bar was on him but he didn't care. If anyone tried to stop him they would be in for several surprises. Despite that, he remained on guard. People were not always the smartest. That didn't say much for him either. Even though the letter warned him not to seek the Dragoon; he was going to do exactly that. It was the only lead he had at this point.

qp90cCFB9dwjorRT

04-25-2011

The one in orange ignored his threat. The mage must have thought he was bluffing when he told him to forsake his quest. Though the power he demonstrated was no doubt formidable. And he probably had far more tricks than that up his sleeve. Alexander was no coward and he too, had some surprises.

"I told you, to stay put," Alexander grabbed the man by his collar and through him through the table. Several Demacian soldiers came running in with spears and shields. "Demacians, these people are starting all sorts of trouble and conspiring to bring trouble to Demacia by attacking the Tiamat." It was only half true. He started all the trouble.

The guards gave each other some looks. Probably deciding what to do. Alexander knew they would listen to him, whether he was still a soldier or not. His name was all he needed. That was until the barkeep spoke up, "It was him! They were all minding their business and drinking like usual. him and that guy in the orange started all the trouble."

They motioned towards Alexander, "Lord Mercel, we know very well who you are. But you can not throw your name around. Us, Demacians are above that. If you weren't so busy thinking you were better than all of us you would know this. We are going to have to ask you to come with us. All of you."

Alexander backed away. Unfortunately, behind him was the mercenaries and the strangers. Among them the mage who was giving him a very angry look, "You know it won't go over well for you if you do this. If you let me walk out that door. Your superiors need never hear of this." This was not a bluff either. His mother would have him out of prison before he was even in the door. And their superiors would have them reprimanded just as fast. Or so he hoped.

"Uh, yes. Alright then." They stood aside but did not lower their weapons. "We had better not hear more of this. You know how strict it is here. Go."

He was only too happy to oblige. Now he would go and speak to some mage's at the library to see if anyone had ever heard of a man called Thatmuz. This person knew something about the Tiamat and he was going to find out what. Even if he had to do it at the point of a sword.

Delmegar

04-25-2011

Thatmuz sat quiet in his chamber room. His guardians were off patrolling and preparing defenses as they usually did. Especially when he was in his meditation time. During this time, Thatmuz was able to link his mind to the dragon of his choosing. It was not part of his power to control the beast, but he was able to at least see its actions. That was the gift of a person as "special" as him.

For anyone unfortunate to wander to these ruins and actually enter the dark labyrinths it would seem abandoned. The ruins were in no way decorated. His guardians consisted of lizard men from a tribe he was in good standing with and some armored spirits. Apart from a couple from the tribe, the armors were his strongest guardians.

The Tiamat watched the white towers from a distance of several miles. Perched atop a large tree, he was able to see far distances when still. There were hundreds, even thousands of people there amongst those stone structures. It would make a fine meal. He was wary though. Man was unpredictable and had power. Attacking the city may not get him killed or even hurt, but it might.

Tiamat spread its massive wings and screamed into the air. The noise could be heard for miles all around. But he did not care. His meals were far better tasting when they ran from him first. A nearby village gave him a simple idea. With one last roar into the day, Tiamat took flight and in a short while landed amongst the inhabitants of the town.

It took but a few moments for them to run in terror. There own walls prevented them to escape in all directions. A few picked up weapons to fend him off. Of course, they were too scared to actually close the distance. His touch on this Valoran dirt transformed it slowly to to a hard, black surface that leaked red gasses into the air. Black worm-like creatures unlatched from his body and charged towards the people.

They cried out, frantic and scared. The worms grabbed onto the people and pulled them to the ground, crawling up them into their mouths or burrowing with their teeth. It didn't take long for the people to stop screaming. Their bodies slowly degenerated. Their corrupt, blighted bodies were gray, eyes bloody and red, limbs long and powerful.

Tiamat watched with a hungry, aware stare. A few of the townspeople merged together to create grotesque beasts. From his power they gained some small amounts of magic. It would be them that would weaken the stone city. Once they were afraid of their own homes they would flee into the open. And when they did, he would be waiting with an empty belly.

He screamed one last time as he watched his blighted army move to Demecai. Their every step corrupting the ground beneath them.

LordHippoman

04-25-2011

DIRECTORY: THATMUZ
\\SEARCH

NO RESULTS

Clearly the man on the note was a mysterious figure. He didn't show up in CC's complex person directory. Along with the others, the robot departed the bar, new information being processed. His radio receptors suddenly rang to life. It was news from the pilot squadron led by Corki.

"...bzzzt.....In other news, a large creature looking like....bzzt.......infamous Tiamat.......bzzt....perhaps more than legend....bzzt...approaching Demacia......from the south......"

CC hurried to find some of the men he had met at the bar. Perhaps he could find more answers from them. Then again, his purpose in creation was to find answers.

Maragonn

04-25-2011

"Dammit. They always have to do things the hard way." Damian ran out of the bar to find the ******* that threw him into the table. He didn't care about the guards. "When I find you..."

He jumped up and down trying to see over the people in the streets hoping to catch a glance of the man. That's when he heard the robot speaking. Something about the Tiamat approaching. "Robot! What did you just say? Ugh.. I really didn't want this to happen until I was under contract."

The Puppet Master pulled a doll from the small blue bag he carried in his robes. It was small and green with the body of a human and the head of a wolf. It had small bat-like wings. "Imp, summon!" The Doll came to life in a flash of bright light. It was about three feet tall. The creature hissed with the tongue of a snake. "Robot, my name is Damian Akre. If you know where this Tiamat is, please show me. Do you understand that? Is it within your power to show me?"

Delmegar

04-25-2011

The blighted creatures charged the city. Some slow, some fast. Some resembled humans, some forms of wolves with strangely shaped heads and abnormally large fangs and claws. Along the way, they passed through a graveyard which had profound results. The dead came out of the ground. Skeletons shambled forward in monstrous size. Their bones were turned red or green from the poisonous earth.

Those unfortunate enough to be outside of the city when they came forward trampled each other when they saw the enemy. The Demacians tried to close the city gates but could not forsake those outside their walls. Together, the soldiers formed a phalanx at the gate, hoping to hold the monsters at bay long enough. They did not.

The blighted scratches and bites infected the normal people. It burned at them like acid until they died from pain. The blight then brought them back to come forward. It only had the power to rise or turn a creature once though. So it was possible to kill them.

The wolves broke through the soldiers defense with their incredible speed and ferocity. With a single bite they could tear an arm from a person. Soon, those outside were rundown or chased away from the city. Those unlucky few were pursued by the abominations. The first portion of the city was filled with the beasts in only a couple of hours.

"Master Thatmuz, have you seen?" A lizard soldier asked of him. He wouldn't have done so if it were not important. "Your prey has created an army of beasts and monsters. It spreads unchecked. The humans fear them and fight poorly!"

Thatmuz stood from his meditation. Of course, he had seen everything. The dragon was growing more powerful by the day. Its abilities were vastly different than anything he'd ever seen before now. It was worrisome. "I have seen. You were right to wake me. Gather some of your brethren, volunteers only. Avoid Tiamat at all costs and go help that city if you can. Ask Rizal to teleport you when you are ready.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

Upon having the mage point his wand at him, Navorn smiled slightly, lowering the man's weapon then, speaking quietly "Careful with that, you could poke an eye out.", Navorn then turned to see the confrontation between the others.

Upon hearing the name of Thatmuz, he felt rage build up inside him, he had heard of him, a supposed dragon slayer, be they evil or benign, thinking again in disgust, he remembered the rumor that he even went as far as to decorate his armor with the skulls of the dragon young he had slain. The man claimed to be spiritual and did posses some some wisdom, to consider him a force of good, would be highly presumptuous. The thought that this man was their best hope when it came to bringing Tiamat peace infuriated Navorn to no end, however, he did his best to move past the thought of the dragoon, as dwelling on such hate is a human trait and one he did not share.

He frowned when he saw the soldier throw the man in orange into the table, such anger would not help him in his endeavors. After briefly considering the notion of reliving the man of his anger, through a rather hands on means, but quickly disregarded the idea. The amount of bloodshed should be kept at a minimum, especially with such a large amount of witnesses present.

Navorn remained in the bar, after the others had left, thinking about what had happened. The men were meant to work together, instead, they fought, and now headed their separate ways. This was wrong. Navorn speculated as to where each of the men would go from here.

The mage seemed to get along with the robot, that, or he simply enjoyed the use of such a horrific tool. From this he could easily assume that he would either follow the robot, or allow the robot to follow him and the robot, no doubt, would be scanning all it's systems for any mentions of the beast.

The soldier on the other hand, was far harder to anticipate. Navorn knew that, arrogant as humans are, especially the soldiers, he would be heading off to find some means of fighting the dragon himself. First he would need information, and so far, the most lucrative source of this precious resource came from the "Thatmuz" character.

As he pondered the exact locations the men would head, he heard the unmistakable sounds of battle.

"So it has arrived...I presume this means it is time for a fight." As Navorn said this, he saw through a window, a woman running through the street. Curious, Navorn stepped out of the bar, it was now dark, and he saw some distance away along the lantern lit path, a dark creature slowly making it's way along the road, as it saw Navorn, it began to make a bee line for him.

Navorn looked upon the abomination and spoke quietly"It would seem he has already shed, this is bad. It was a nice city too...well, nice as far as city state cities go."

Navorn lifted his hand slowly, then, quickly pressing it down almost to the ground, said a murmured phrase, then stood as a red circle appeared in front of him, a shape appeared in the circle, which then formed into a crimson snake like demon, the creature then fell to the ground, and began to make it's way through the street towards the dark abomination with lightning speed.

As they met, the abomination attempted to bite the snake, but was too slow and the snake then wrapped itself around the creatures neck, then shoved it's barbed tail through the blighted's chest. As the abomination fell and crumbled into the ground, the snake then returned to Navorn. Petting it slowly, he spoke another murmured word, and the snake dissipated.

Navorn then looked through the alley again, only to realize more were coming, and though it was within his ability to fight them off, it would be a taxing battle, and would take time, of which he did not have much to spare. Deciding to leave, Navorn dissipated into shadow, he needed to find the other men, and maybe even the robot, if the machine did not need to be there, it wouldn't have been, it played as much of a role in bringing the dragon to peace as Navorn did himself.

Delmegar

04-26-2011

The lizard soldiers arrived to a horrifying scene. The humans fought with great fervor but they were uninformed and slowly giving way to the fearful beasts. They knew what Thatmuz, their master knew, and would seek out the ones they thought to be there best hope. Their shaman gave them each an orb that would lead them to Alexander, the son of Demacia. Damian, the Puppet Master. CZ, a robot built to gather knowledge on the world around him. And Navorn, an enigma. Almost as much of one as Thatmuz. Perhaps more.

The reinforcements did not come in a large force to save the city. That was a secondary task. It was their duty to make sure the anticipated heroes escaped without being corrupted. Alexander was furthest away. He was nearing the center of the white city. The robot and mage were together and not terribly far from Navorn.

"Warriors, we go to them first. The human warrior is in the least immediate danger." A lizard captain hissed. "Be wary of the humans. They do not trust our kind and may attack us. Now go, and fight with courage, my brothers!"

Many of the immediate soldiers and townspeople were converted or slain by the invading monsters. It was not the will of Tiamat that they all be killed. He needed the humans to survive. To some degree. Several small groups were able to flee the city and its powerful stone walls; believing that the monsters were something completely different from Tiamat. No one would expect a dragon to create an army.

The blighted beasts and the risen dead did not push deeper into the city. At least for now. The city was given a brief respite from the nightmare.

qp90cCFB9dwjorRT

04-26-2011

Every where Alexander looked there were guards and people running frantic through the streets. Only a short while ago everyone was happy as could be, going about their daily business without a care in the world.

I wonder if that dragon attacked, he thought to himself. It seemed unlikely that any beast would dare come to this city. Even one as large and deadly as the Tiamat would understand the dangers of so many people. Whatever it was, he couldn't get any answers from anyone.

Soon the military was marching from the center of the city. The Demacian royal guards sealed the main city from anyone. "The city has been attacked by strange monsters. Reports tell us they are human on some level. For that reason, we can not allow any person to pass. For the safety of Jarvan. His most trusted advisers and warriors are at his stead." A guard in gold armor told him.

"I only seek passage to the library or mage's quarter. I am Alexander-" The guard cut him off. "I know full well, who you are. This section of the city is not accessible. Leave or we will force you to leave. Good day, Lord Mercel."

Dammit, how am I supposed to find out more about this Thatmuz person now? With the central city blocked off at all passages he had no way of entering it. Even now more troops were gathering and building defenses against the threat.

Maybe it would be best that he leave the city. Or his mother would know. She had a certain knack for gathering information about people. If nothing else, she may know a way into the citadel. If it were true that the city was overrun it might be prudent for him to enlist some aid for the time being. There was plenty of time to kill the dragon later.

Killing monsters that invaded Demacia would surely make a name for himself. He unsheathed his fathers old sword and looked it over for a moment, "Father, I will bring glory back to our house. That is my vow and I will live by it or die by it."

123456 ... 9