Pantheon Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Malkoth

02-23-2011

Okay guys. I do not wanna start out a QQ thread i just want you to look into some facts.

Pantheon has been my main ever since he came out, i have over 700 games with him in total on both EU and US account. Yeah, maybe many people consider him easy and no fun, but honestlly, i really did not care what others thought. I like that champion and that is all. Now, considering that i have played him for a very very long time, i know every change made to him in every patch that came out.

Basically, before the famous HSS buff, there was a time where good Pantheon players did not even build that skill. Why? Because it was useless damage-wise. And if you ask any other player that actually took time in learning and getting maximum of him, they will tell you the same. So in that time, Pantheon HSS active was practically useless, but he could still rely on his spearshot and aegis of zeonia and still be usefull. However, he was considered weak and useless by most of the community, and henceforth recived a buff on his HSS active, but spearshot was nerfed.

In that time, pantheon's HSS dealt waay too much damage, so it was nerfed and reduced to where it was before the latest nerf. However, HSS was way too powerful still, so RIOT did cleaver thing to reduce his stun duration so people with BRAIN can walk out of it. In that time, he was a really balanced champion. But, as it always goes, people (noobs) still whined about him, and he recived the latest nerf that added 0,5 seconds to his HSS strike.

This latest nerf was way too much. He ended up with 0,7//0,9//1,1//1,3//1,5 seconds stun and 2 seconds channeled HSS. And this new HSS is even more useless than it was BEFORE it got buffed up few months ago. The new HSS strike deals first damage tick, DEALS NOT DAMAGE IN NEXT 0,5 SECONDS (TEST IT), and after that, it continues dealing periodic damage ticks.

I tried almost everything, and found out that he is still somewhat viable when you max his Spearshot and Stun, with one level of HSS only because of its passive...That way, you can actually do some minor contribution to the team. I watched TOP ELO matches every single night after the patch to look for pantheons out there to see what do they do. Guess what? In 50-60 matches i watched, there was 0 players that played pantheon (and he was not banned either). I even watched a match where Locicero played (world's best pantheon) but he was playing new Ryze, and was playing vs HotshotGG. Look into his match history for proof.

Now, theese are some facts guys. I am not saying i am best in Pantheon, but to hell, i know how to play him and i can prove it, so, feel free to add me and test me out. And his forever glitchy stun is another story, in every match there is a occasion where his stun actually does not stun, but i won't bother with it now, if RIOT did not fix it for all this time, i doubt they will do it now.

Give me reasonable responds on this. Coments like "OMFGWTFROFLOLO PANTH STILL BORKEN L2P NOOB!11!" will be ignored...I just want to know how much of the community agrees with me, because every single player that i talked with about this, says that i am one of those guys that actually know what i am talking about when it comes to Pantheon.

Cheers guyse <3

EDIT: I would really like to see Phreak or anybody from RIOT team doing champion spotlights of any champion that is gaining major buffs or nerfs, with explanation why are they implementing this changes. That way, whole community could understand more why are some buffs/nerfs happening, and not just get the answer: "HE WAS OP, L2P"

CXA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-23-2011

+1

Buff him up a lil, shouldnt be too hard now to find the right adjustments, after changing him for x times.

And fix Aegis of Zonia, once or twice a day it doesnt stun at all.

EternalJames

02-23-2011

riot is wrong this time .They should not nerf pantheon so many time

patchero

02-23-2011

I agree he has been geting nerfed alot lately but that doesnt mean he is a **** champ now.
You have a ranged attack which deals anywhere from 400-700 damage, a passive that alows you block 1 attack GUARENTEED, an available stun so you can chase opponents(which comes back very quickly, especially with CD reductions), and his ultimate which is just a free teleport spell that does damage and slows. I mean he can backdoor like no other.

Besides 2 second stun, come on.. you are a fighter not taric
i mean jax has a 1 second stun.. ONE SECOND, which must be activiated before he can even use it.

I also appreciate the fact you taking the time to analyze and about panth, i would really enjoy taking you in a match...

my name is: patchero

gangsta rap..

Lord Malkoth

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchero View Post
I agree he has been geting nerfed alot lately but that doesnt mean he is a **** champ now.
You have a ranged attack which deals anywhere from 400-700 damage, a passive that alows you block 1 attack GUARENTEED, an available stun so you can chase opponents(which comes back very quickly, especially with CD reductions), and his ultimate which is just a free teleport spell that does damage and slows. I mean he can backdoor like no other.

Besides 2 second stun, come on.. you are a fighter not taric
i mean jax has a 1 second stun.. ONE SECOND, which must be activiated before he can even use it.

I also appreciate the fact you taking the time to analyze and about panth, i would really enjoy taking you in a match...

my name is: patchero

gangsta rap..
Okay, we shall play a match . Just to tell you something. Pantheon SHOULD REALLY NOT use his ultimate to backdoor. Yeah, maybe endgame, last turret and nexsus. Hmm...passive that blocks 1 guaranteed attack after 4 attacks or spells you make. When you put it like this in text, it really sounds powerful. However, it is not that strong, and if you take 30+ matches with Pantheon, you will realise it (good for towerdive if used right though). It is okay passive, but that is as far as it goes. When it comes to stun...It is 0,7 seconds and groves 0,2 seconds per level, which is ridicilous, and deals no damage. Sion for example has 2 sec stun, which can deal 700 damage if played AP. (not saying he is OP, just making comparation).

Doriantv

02-23-2011

+1.

Pantheon doesn't even need new buffs, he just needs the last 2 nerfs reverted. He was never that good of a pick, since he's a very risky champ: if you don't do well early, you are a nonfactor.

idioSyncr4zy

02-23-2011

I still think that Panth is viable. Yes, HSS takes .5s longer to do damage, but if your target is rooted by any teammate of yours... it will still deal a large amount of damage. Panth is still more powerfull than Jax. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a small buff to Panth but he is definitely still in balanced bubble and is not actually broken. All the HSS nerf did is make Panth more team dependant in a team game.

I'm in no way saying your PoV is invalid, I'm just looking at it from a different angle. ;-)

patchero

02-23-2011

yea sion can be pretty crazy, *stun* does half life *shield blow up* does other half.. pretty deadly

but thats mostly all he's got you know :>

OK AFTER I GET HOME, IN ENGINEERING CLAS AT THE MOMENT

YOU"RE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0

OMGWTFBBQStorm

02-23-2011

I think whenever riot nerfs/buffs any champion they should put out a new champion spotlight for that champion because watching the spotlight after the change can be very misleading

Valenten

02-23-2011

a good panth can still deal insane amounts of dmg even with this recent nerf and his skills are useless now stop whining because you cant do one combo and kill someone.... i mean seriously you're playing a melee champ that deals pretty good dmg and can take ppl out with no problem. now if you want to see someone that got nerfed hard look at ezreal he got nerfed hard and he is really hard to make viable now