Im confused... is it updating?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fringus

07-16-2009

I got through what I thought was the update when i first opened the program, however now im at a LoL splash screen (think that's the term?) with a loading bar and a blue "play" button... the bar filled and i pressed play, but then it started again and its now taking a very long time. is this the updater?

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

Not sure, fringus.

micha

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringus View Post
I got through what I thought was the update when i first opened the program, however now im at a LoL splash screen (think that's the term?) with a loading bar and a blue "play" button... the bar filled and i pressed play, but then it started again and its now taking a very long time. is this the updater?
This is the updater!

fringus

07-16-2009

okay thanks!

Wyko

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

If you are taking an exorbitant amount of time - (Read: It's actually not loading) send a mail to riot@leageoflegends.com

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

The first one was the installer. The latter was the actual updater I believe that or you started out with an older version of the updater, which changed itself to the new one.

Wyko

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

I wouldn't be worried about it until this weekend though when the servers open. They might be messing with the updates at the moment.

Petriefied

07-16-2009

Yea, I have the its not actually loading problem. Then after a while it pops a message saying: The laucnher has experienced an error. Please restart this application.

gruof01

07-16-2009

Please use the LogMailer program to send your logs if you are having trouble patching.

Be a little patient with the patcher if installing from scratch. It will restart itself several times to update the launcher properly. If you run it again during that time you can interrupt things.

I just finished verifying all of the patches so it should be ok now, but if not, mail those logs.

Chaponator

09-08-2010

You cant update while the servers are offline.