Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Unofficial Tooltip Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

beefedyabbi

09-02-2009

Summoner Spells - the descriptions for some spells are longer than the viewing area. There's no clear scroll box either. Only if you left click and hold in the description area, and then move the mouse down, will you be able to see the rest of the description.

TheBlackSheep

09-02-2009

On the Champion overview page if you hover your pointer DOWNWARDS over the power lines, the tooltip covers the weak/strong/average comment at the end of the line. Note it is working normally when scrolling UPWARDS.
Picture:

Lacolere

09-03-2009

Hi!

When activating Karthus Defile a buff symbol appears stating that he will regenerate mana upon killing creatures, and when it's deactivated there is no buff symbol at all.

Bear with me: If I'm not mistaken the regenerate mana tooltip, shown when activated, should be shown when the skill is deactivated - and when activated a new tootlip shoud be created stating that he will deal X amount of damage every second to units around him.

Cheers!

Scarecroww

09-04-2009

Kassadin's Force Pulse buff (the buff you get when you start stacking casts, not the spell itself) still says something like "four spells cast around him needed" instead of the six spells that is now needed after the patch.

It's really minor, i know, but it's something nontheless

Rexen

09-05-2009

The scout (forgot his name) has his tooltips reversed in the Champions screen. The bottom two are switched against their titles.

09-06-2009

Quote:
Rexen:
The scout (forgot his name) has his tooltips reversed in the Champions screen. The bottom two are switched against their titles.

I believe Rexen is referring to Teemo's abilities.

Move Quick - Each of Teemo's attacks will poison the target, dealing damage each second for 5 seconds.

Toxic Shot - While on, Teemo's movement speed is increased.

I cannot confirm if the tooltips are wrong during gameplay or not, as I have not used this champion yet, but when examining the champion's ability from the Summoner Profile, the two have the wrong descriptions.

HighFive

09-09-2009

Wow, great job guys! You guys have brought up some really good finds! Keep up the great work!

BB-231
BB-5
BB-91
BB-233
PLT-5677
LOL-6813
BB-234
PLT-4898
BB-235
BB-236
LOL-7000
BB-237
PLT-4954
PLT-4387
BB-238
BB-239

Turfola

09-11-2009

Hey there,

I just found a tooltip error with Taric, i think it was not posted in here.

His ulti says something like "To sustain Radiance the cost increase by 0 per sec", it should actually read "by 10 per sec" when levelling, you can see it's ten, before that, you have to guess

Regards

Turf

Kid Kaapa

09-11-2009

Most of these aren't tooltips but they do practically fall under the same category to me.

[ Anivia ] - Flash Frost
(in champion ability page)
"Anivia brings her wings together and summons a single piercing lance of ice . . ."

small; but honestly it's more of a cube (forgive my geometry) than a lance now.. lol

[ Singed ] - Poison Trail
In the in-game tooltip it doesn't mention anything about Poison Trail causing enemies caught in it to miss attacks (as stated in the "learn more" champion ability page. Not sure if that was patched, but either way one of them isn't correct.

[ Singed ] - In-game Lore
"kept alive by the unholy chemicals"
not sure if there's more to it or you guys just forgot to add the period in the end. =P

[ Singe(d) ] Name?
In the game he is named "Singed", on this page, (http://leagueoflegends.com/champions/view/21/singe_the_mad_chemist)he is named "Singe".

[ Singed ] Tips
Pretty much poor skill name references on tip page.
"Try using Fling to throw enemies into your Acid Trail (Poison Trail.. not thaaat off) and Launch Goo (Mega Adhesive.. lol) abilities."
K, I understand it should be obvious to the average person.. but hey .. capitalizing those ability letters make it seem like the actual skill name.

cr1zz

09-12-2009

[ Tarik ] - Radiance
(ingame)
"... The cost to sustain Radiance increases by 0 each second"

Shouldn't be there another number instead of 0?

***EDIT: Ahh I'm sorry. Saw that another one posted that before xD