[Champion]Teemo...nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanjitsu

08-18-2009

Teemo seems to be the flavor of the week and I finally understood why. I definitely think Teemo needs a bit of a nerf as his mushrooms do way to much damage IMO. At level 1, it can easily do 300 DOT and slow. Not to mention they are invisible, and throwing Teemo's movement speed buff into the mix along with his blind dart, makes him one of the best kiters in the game (2nd to a pro Ashe).

Granted, he is a very versatile hero that actually uses tact, i.e. placements of mushroom. However, I think since there are no limits to the amount of mushrooms he can use, it breaks the strategy of precise mushroom placement. In comparison to "Techies", techie's mines did insurmountable damage, however, it required tactful placement and a lot of mines in order to prove useful. The problem I have with Teemo is the fact that one mushroom, alone, can take down 1/4 - 1/2 of your health, then, you have to fight Teemo whom is a force to reckon with on his lonesome.

To make a long story short, is there already talk of, potentially, nerfing the damage of his mushrooms or simply limiting him to how many he can use?

BigDaddyYur

08-18-2009

Teemo doesn't need to be nerfed: He's useless in team fights minus the good ol i disable-carries-for-11 seconds combo.

Kaneh

08-18-2009

Mushrooms are one of those things that good teams/players counter, but bad teams/players don't.

In general, invisibility is something good teams/players counter, but bad teams/players don't.

Against a competent team, mushrooms are an annoyance more than any real threat. A simple potion on your ranged support will counter mushrooms perfectly, or dropping imp. clair when you push. There is a counter, and the counter is not difficult in concept - it just requires you to work as a team or buy a team-support item, neither of which lower ranked players usually do.

The counter is not difficult, and it almost completely negates his ultimate. Mushrooms are not overpowered.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-18-2009

how hard is it to counter his shrooms??? it almost as easy as countering Everlyn!!!
hes perfectly balanced and doesn't need a nerf. just get wards...

Vangu

08-18-2009

Mushrooms do a lot of damage if a Teemo decides to go into the AP path...as most seem to now but I still like the atk/crit build myself. Other then that blinding dart is their main attack and its on a 7second cooldown..nothing to worry about. Mushrooms are annoying if you run into them but as someone said buy once invisibility potion for what 400gold (or less) and you can farm the mushrooms at 20g a pop. If the Teemo is any good and your team are not dumb enough to follow him when he tries to bait you into them the mushrooms they will be everywhere..and that 400g will pay itself back granted you dont die before hand.

Other then that I cant say much as his damage as I think its fairly decent if the Teemo goes into atk/crit but you are complaining about mushrooms damage so maybe you have fought more then one Teemo build before you came to post here. But to counter Teemo follow this very simple thing :stun and attack. Teemo has almost no life and depending on the build no armor or magic resistance..so again stun and attack = dead Teemo.

Sanjitsu

08-18-2009

I understand that his ult can be countered using various items/summoner abilities. However, 1) Imp. Clair. implies that you're anticipating Teemo, unfortunately, no one knows whether Teemo will be picked until the load screen. 2) A good team will gank the invisible potion user (Potion user is now out of 400g which is a lot early on). 3) Wards are a viable and good counter but its limitations are for lane usage only. No one wants to spend 175g to drop random wards throughout the huge map, hoping, they'll find a mushroom.

I understand that there are counter-measures to Teemo's mushrooms. However, my initial argument is that the mushrooms, alone, do too much damage as they stand. His mushrooms should do damage in numbers, as in, the more you step on them the more the damage becomes noticeable and adds up. Late game, sure, his mushrooms are a joke...Hopefully by level 16-18 you have 2K+. however, when you're level 6 and he's level 6, for most summons, your health hasn't broken 1K and a 300 damage mushroom will knock you down to half with a few dart shots to finish you off.

A skillful techies can't waste time dropping a mine here and a mine there, not to mention mines must be toggled thus forcing the player to constantly pay attention and be strategic with mine placements. But simply placing mushrooms in ever nook and cranny due to lack of limitations on the number of mushrooms indefinite timers, seems kind of...skill lacking.

Daikaze

08-18-2009

Nerf shrooms? ROFL, get an elixir or a sight ward. Shrooms don't even stack.
Move speed buff breaks on damage.

Blackultra

Adjudicator

08-18-2009

teemo, if anything, probably should be buffed. his mushrooms are a minor annoyance at best all game long, unless you are chasing and they run into them.

his blinding dart is a good skill for the champion, it fits, it works, it's unique, leave it.

his move quick is somewhat debatable, since it's no mana/time costing, yet it breaks on any damage (imo should be specifically hero attacks/spells) it's more useful for travelling between lanes and chasing than anything.

his toxic shot is iffy at best, since it doesn't stack and his attack range is fairly low.

IMO he's an intended support AP user, not a high DMG carry (which most people seem to think, which is ridiculous). The Carry roles are specifically left to heroes that have + to attack speed, damage, crit, movespeed etc. not teemo.

Teemo is a supporting AP user, not a carry. Everyone should know this.

Oddiz

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackultra View Post
teemo, if anything, probably should be buffed. his mushrooms are a minor annoyance at best all game long, unless you are chasing and they run into them.

his blinding dart is a good skill for the champion, it fits, it works, it's unique, leave it.

his move quick is somewhat debatable, since it's no mana/time costing, yet it breaks on any damage (imo should be specifically hero attacks/spells) it's more useful for travelling between lanes and chasing than anything.

his toxic shot is iffy at best, since it doesn't stack and his attack range is fairly low.

IMO he's an intended support AP user, not a high DMG carry (which most people seem to think, which is ridiculous). The Carry roles are specifically left to heroes that have + to attack speed, damage, crit, movespeed etc. not teemo.

Teemo is a supporting AP user, not a carry. Everyone should know this.
Quoted for truth.

I pretty much play Teemo at least 70% of my games, as he is really just my favorite, flavor-wise and play style. I go AP build, and have it down to a pretty exact thing. I also do fairly well. But the MAIN role of Teemo is anti-carry. He thrives level 6-13, spamming shrooms and baiting farmers. You suppress their ability to farm and level freely, and after a proper gank, you push. Your role is to cover retreats, or set up for a counter push.

But the fact is, you never really get a whole map filled with shrooms, and they don't explode fast enough to ever drop one in a team fight (wish they would fix that).

pandamine

Adjudicator

08-19-2009

The best counter to mushrooms (that you see him planting) is to simply walk over them when you aren't disadvantaged. That is, if you are pushing and there is no risk in going over a mushroom (or everyone on enemy team is dead), just tell your tank to walk over it on purpose. That way when you are running or are disadvantaged, it won't be there