Support runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urieldhynne

02-22-2011

hi.

I have lux, morgana, Janna. I wanna a rune set it working fine with that characters, what is the best combination?

I see guides with CDR, Mpen, Heal, and AP. Some guides with quint of heal, others with quint CDR, others with AP, but all have all this 4 combinations. What is the best?

And, in the case of morgana, is wort have a full AP/MPen runes/quint only?

In guides i see janna with Mpen, it wort?

I have also Kassadin and Nidalee, maybe the support gems work a little with this 2 characters also.

Sorry my bad english, i hope you can understand at least.

Carados

02-22-2011

I typically do something like this:

Red: Armor Pen, unless you're Zilean or Morgana, who have a large magical damage output.
Yellow: Mana regeneration per level.
Blue: Mana regeneration per level or flat CDR.
Purple Flat HP or Movespeed if you're Janna.

Kassadin is generally the same with Magic Pen reds, Nidalee is the same with yellow Dodge runes.

Powerstoned

02-24-2011

Your most important 9xsets to work with all your champs:
Magic Pen Marks
CDR per level Glyphs

less importantly, MP regen per level seals & If you only were into casters, I'd looking into AP/lvl quints and glyphs

Senth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

Playing all three of those, I usually take move speed quints. Cooldown glyphs aren't bad on any of them, Mana regen seals aren't bad either, those are probably your best bets. Morgana and Lux probably benefit most from Magic Pen marks (Even though they're silly on Lux, but there aren't really any red primaries that she needs, maybe find a secondary?). I enjoy Attack Speed marks on Janna.

Solterm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

Oddly, I run Mana/Lv reds, Flat mana regen yellows, and Cdr blues, with APquints for Sona.
Well, its only because sona's ratios on heals are so low, that CDR heals more over the same period of time.

For Jana
Magic pen reds
Hp/Lv yellows
Flat AP
MS Quints

Samsonnn

11-13-2011

Are Gold/5 Quints viable at all?

tapobu

11-13-2011

gold/10 quints are essential. other than that defensive/mana regen runes. if you're good you don't need mana regen, but for starting out they're great. all that movespeed, etc. stuff for quints is ok but it's not as good as gold/10. you need to get gold somehow right? and no cs allowed.

Acolarh

11-13-2011

Are you wanting one page for all three? Cause if so then Janna is kind of the odd one out. Lux and Morg can use a lot of the same runes though.

For Lux/Morg you should get Magic Pen quints and marks. I usually run mana regen/level seals, and AP/level glyphs for them.

Janna is pretty versatile, it just depends what you're comfortable with. MS quints make her super fast if you like to roam and help other lanes out. HP quints are also really nice on her. I usually get magic pen marks on her; zephyr (w) does good damage for harassing with those. I run mana regen/level seals on her also, and then finish with magic resist glyphs. But really it's up to you, she has so many options. You may prefer CDR glyphs instead. Personally, I don't like those, because they're so expensive, and it's only about 5% CDR with all 9 of them. But yea, up to you.