Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Idea to help get rid of Trolls and things for more serious gamers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

underSCORE8

02-22-2011

I'm not sure where to post this, but I would think that this is probably the best.

So, my Idea would be to add some sort of paid "Gold Account". With this Gold Account there would be a separate ladder that was only available to other gold members. I am thinking that it would be something like 5$ a month or so, and maybe some other things could come with it. Maybe a free skin every month, or a certain amount of RP every month. Or, you could get access to all of the champions and you could receive every new champion that comes out without buying them.

I think that the amount of people that would be in this ladder would be significantly lower than the Ranked games that are in right now, but at the same time I don't think that people would actually pay if they didn't take the game seriously at least a little bit.

There could also be a higher standard for players in these games. Since these will be paying members then the reports and everything could be more closely monitored so there would be actual consequences for bad manners.

So, that's my idea, comments welcomed.

FYI.

I am not a High Elo player, I'm around 1420 or so right now. But at the same time I do take the game seriously and I am always trying to get better and learn new things. This would simply be for players who care enough about the game to always try their best.

underSCORE8

02-22-2011

Also, I don't believe in ELO Hell. I have played this game a LOT, I am decent at it but nowhere near a lot of other people. In the past couple of weeks or so I have been taking the game a lot more seriously and trying to learn higher level play. Since I have started learning these things I have improved dramatically and thus began to win games. The way that I win more now is mostly that I learned how to help team mates that are doing badly and not just discount it to bad luck. The only time that I have no control over that is when someone rages and leaves.

I think that this seperation of the more serious and less serious players would cut down on this significantly.

Courier Lord

02-22-2011

There is a payed gold account that is catering to competitive gamers, its called HON.

The whole point of a gold account detracts from what LoL is, an easily accessible fun moba game that is based around a semi-casual community.

underSCORE8

02-22-2011

Quote:
Courier Lord:
There is a payed gold account that is catering to competitive gamers, its called HON.

The whole point of a gold account detracts from what LoL is, an easily accessible fun moba game that is based around a semi-casual community.

Hon doesn't have a subscription does it? You just have to buy the game.

This wouldn't take away the casual element of this game either. The game would be exactly the same, but if you chose to you would be able to play in the "gold account" ladder instead of the casual one.

underSCORE8

02-22-2011

To clarify, I don't think every champion should be "owned" by these members, but they should have access to them in the Gold Member ranked games.

The reason for this would be in the interest of fairness. Say you really want to play shen, but you are 3rd pick. You ask first pick to grab him for you. He would like you to pick TF for him. But you dont own TF. He decides to pick TF and the other team grabs Shen.

Yes, the first guy could have just grabbed another champion, but Shen+TF can be a very powerful combination, but in this case it was impossible to get unless someone who didnt want to play shen just palyed him anyway.