Is jungling useful?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siky

01-30-2010

From my experience playing Jungle Carry early game, ganking and leading your team. A good jungler makes their presence known early on, your lanes should never feel pressured and overwhelmed even with your absence from the lane. Good Junglers should be able to be useful even before level 6 if the chance presents itself, but realize that against a good team, all it takes is for them to drop well placed wards around level 4-6 and that can end any momentum you try to take as a Jungler.

Honestly, as a Jungler, you're kind of like Shaco or any champ that gets an elixir first with the intention of ganking. You are behind if you do not get any ganks off and your presence doesn't stop people from pushing down your tower. After level 6, most champs can take down towers with ease and if you haven't established yourself then the opponent has the momentum.

I think if you have a jungling guide, you should start telling people Jungling isn't a play style, it's an opener. At level 7+ other champs can start killing neutral camps and the only purpose you really have as a Jungler is to make sure your team is the first to get 3 champs to level 6. If you guys get to level 6 and nothing happens, all that jungling was a waste of time depending on who dies and what not.

betrayedprince

01-30-2010

Jungling, in my opinion, is only good til you get your initial equipments. Keep in mind that, if the jungler has ANY kind of gaming sense, he/she will come out of the jungle every now and then to gank any lane. With the other team not knowing where exactly your jungler is, it gives your team an edge in fights.

Good junglers can vary from Udyr to Warwick to Tryndamere. It really depends on playstyle.

When I play Udyr, I get a few ganks in before I hit level 6 since he jungles very well, same with Warwick. The jungler should always rememeber that he/she levels slower than laners and should initiate ganks as eraly as possible to keep up. Otherwise, you have a fail jungler.

-X, the Betrayed Prince-

Klazzix

01-30-2010

**** no. I'd rather have someone lane and get SURE kills to get MORE EXP, than sacrificing a lane.

Hypercaine

01-30-2010

Jungling can make or break a game. A good junglar can make one quick swoop through both jungles and hit lvl 6. By the time there rally is up again they should be farming the dragon every time it is up. As warrick at lvl 6 if i have raly i can kill dragon, if no rally then i wait till lvl 8. As warrick who is the best jungler IMO i don't generally come out until i am lvl 6 when i get my ult. The one thing that can kill a jungler is a stupid lane partner. The one who solo's vs 2 should do nothing but stand at the tower and kill creeps. But what generally happens is they go out and get killed and then blame the jungler for not helping them. To these people( like Uroz) you are dumb.