Magic Resist and Health Item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Condhor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Other than a Banshee's and Aegis, there aren't any other items that have both significant health and magic resist. I wouldn't mind a new item that would be a little like a Sunfire for MR tanks.

Name: Batiatus' Cloak

Items:

1. Negatron Cloak: 740 Gold
  2. Amplifying Tome: 435 Gold
  3. Giant's Belt: 1110 Gold
  4. Total Cost 2800 (2285 + 515 for completion cost)
Benefits:
  1. 55 Magic Resist after completion
  2. +25 Ability Power after completion
  3. +450 Health after completion

Now as for the discussion. I would really appreciate everyone's opinion on this item.

Some people presented how Riot doesn't like HP + MR because casters can be negated pretty hardcore. I would prefer a tank to have an item like mine, instead of buying both a Warmogs (which will provide insane health and HP Regen in the long run) and buying a QSS (to make a caster's stun useless--like Veigar) to get HP and MR. Sure a Warmogs + QSS will cost more and take up two item slots, but if they buy my item, they'll get the benefit of both without spending 1500 more gold to get an active that may not even be useful.

Verisi

02-22-2011

Riot has stated distaste towards HP+MR items because they're super-heavy caster hate.

Zax Underdark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Would love more Hp+Mr although Riot has shown distaste for them, although tacking on a stupid aura effect is not a good idea.

How about just changing Sunfire to be an MR instead of Armor item? Kinda makes more sense for it to be magical anyways (since it has a magical flaming aura thats somehow smart enough to only target enemies, Sentient fire? Riot be ****ed)

Condhor

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zax Underdark View Post
Would love more Hp+Mr although Riot has shown distaste for them, although tacking on a stupid aura effect is not a good idea.

How about just changing Sunfire to be an MR instead of Armor item? Kinda makes more sense for it to be magical anyways (since it has a magical flaming aura thats somehow smart enough to only target enemies, Sentient fire? Riot be ****ed)
Alright, I'll get rid of the Aura and modify the health. But I think Riot needs to stop protecting their casters so much and make a better Health/MR item. Tanks need an item that provides magic resist as well as health, instead of being required to get a QSS after buying a Warmogs.

Verisi

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condhor View Post
Tanks need an item that provides magic resist as well as health, instead of being required to get a QSS after buying a Warmogs.
FoN and BV?
I agree on the limitation though.

Condhor

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisi View Post
FoN and BV?
I agree on the limitation though.
Now, a FoN provides health regeneration. I want flat health. I agree that you can get a health buff from a MR item, however I want to be able to tank the hit instead of regenerating the damage after I run away.

Condhor

02-24-2011

Anybody else know if this item has any chance at all?