Recommend me a set of Runes: Good All Around

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mOeeOm

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORF View Post
It just doesn't seem worth it to me to get per level cool down runes because of how long they take to be effective.

As for the HP quints instead of move speeds yeah that could work, pretty much whichever feels better for you. I really love the move speed especially for early game and playing characters with CC.
At level 13 the scaling is equal to the static, so if you feel level 1-12 decide the game.....then go for static :P

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
1) I'd recommend Magic Penetration Marks, Flat HP Seals, Flat CD Glpyhs, and Flat HP Quints.
2) Yes. Magic Penetration is obvious for mana/ap chars, Flat HP Seals are IMO best for casters. Flat HP Quints are amazing for everyone that doesn't need something special. (Like Trynd needs crit chance). Flat CD is awesome on everyone.
3) Each rune has a primary type. I have a quick reference chart here: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=50741
Flat HP Seal is actually pretty bad.

You should go HP/lvl in Seals

EnderA

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0it View Post
Flat HP Seal is actually pretty bad.

You should go HP/lvl in Seals
That works too. All of the seals are about the same potency for casters in my opinion. Personally, I like the early HP.

For physicals, Dodge is amazing, especially because of nimbleness. (Although they may end up changing the masteries and hence this would no longer be the case.)

Leoran

01-31-2010

If you really want "All Around", decide between Physical and Magical. After that, Red = Armor Or Magic Pen, Yellow = Dodge, and Blue = Cooldown Reduction.

Some might suggest HP over Dodge, and that's fine if you have no interest in taking Nimbleness in Defense. Personally, having such a large bonus to flat-out avoiding damage > a few extra HP. Either or, Defense or Dodge seals. Dodge is a rare stat to work up in comparison, so keep that in mind.

As for Quints, HP is fine, Movement is fine, CDR is okay, Armor/magic pen are fine... whatever works for you. If you take Dodge Seals, go ahead and pop in HP Quints.

Devil May LOL

01-31-2010

don't take CDR / level unless you solo mid.

Soobydoo

01-31-2010

The best in slots are:
(stat of 9 runes)
Marks
Attack Speed (15%) Solid stat for just 9 runes, leaving a quintessent open
Crit (8.3%) crits can turn early battles in your favor, also really good on trynd
Crit **** (20%) this is better late game and best used on Shaco or Ashe, since they can get auto crits.
Armor pen (18) good for burst and any kind of pen is very usefull early game.
Magic pen (8.2) best for caster period, for some reason it is also the best in slot (should be glyphs but guess they want it this way)

Seals
Dodge (6.75%) quite simply put the best one out there
Mana Reg lvling (15 mp5 at 18) my fav for casters also give you great staying power awell as not having to buy a mp5 item.
HP Lvling (175 at 18) liked by ppl but i dont see myself using them

Glyphs
CD (5.85) by far the best in slot if you go with materies that can get 14.85% cd at the start and will only need a golem buff or one 25% CD item to cap off you CD reduction.
Mana Reg lvling (12 mp5 at 18) If you happened to get dodge and still need the regen.
Magic Resist (13) Best for tanks and is really cheep to buy.
AP lvling or base (21 at 18/ 8.1) good for caster but the CD will be better.

Quins
Movement Speed (1.5% per)
HP (34.2)
or any one listed above to make a more solid stat.

My set ups usually

Caster (masteries 9/0/21)
Marks: Magic pen: 9 runes and 1 quin (10)
Seal: Mana Reg: 9 runes (15)
Glyphs: CD 9 runes (5.85%)
Quin: movement speed (3%)
Resoning: With this make-up for any caster you will have good Magic pen early game of 10 plus your 15% off masteries. You have 20 mp5 with masteries and the 15% CD off runes and masteries. Lastly to top it all of you have an extra 6% movement speed with them stacked (roughly +18 for most 300 speed casters)

Tank (0/21/9) maybe (9/21/0)
Marks (either crit or Armor pen) crit 8.2% / Armor pen 18
Seals: Dodge: (8.25%) 9 runes plue a quin
Glyphs: Magic Resist: (13)
Quin: either movement or HP

DPS (21/9/0) or (21/0/9)
Marks: all depends on Char
Seals: Dodge or Mp5
Glyphs: CD or Mp5
Quin: HP or Movement
The only thing im going to say for this is, Mp5 is really handy on a DPS char due to you never wanting to spend money on a MP4 item.

In my opinion these are the only ones that seem viable to me but if you somehow believe other wise plaese tell me what is better and why.