Recommend me a set of Runes: Good All Around

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunner611

Senior Member

01-30-2010

So, as a fresh level 20, I have my share of characters I like to play, and a lot of IP save up. (I've been using Tier 1 Runes exclusively)

I'm wondering

1) What set of Tier 3 runes I should have to start off with. All -CD, Crit, Crit dmg, health.. etc.

2) I play almost exclusively mana/ap characters, if that effects choices for #1 please say so.

3) Should I mix and match or go straight for cooldown reduction for instance? Does each color use a different attribute better? Are the tradeoffs worth it?


Thanks in advance


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Travice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-30-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Alist...f61c16bff6f1cd

This looks pretty much all around to me, you get oh so precious dodge from the yellows, CDR from blues(every hero can use CDR)

Magic penetration in reds, and quints would be whatever you'd like them to be.

Upon reading your post I realized I forgot to answer 2 and 3

2) This is the reasoning behind the reds, if you use physical swap them for armor pen/crit dammage/attack speed

3)If you're going to go support(9/0/21) you get 9% CDR from talents, 8% from the build I posted here which is 17% CDR. All you need is a 23% from items to get your CDR Capped.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BORF

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Hp/18 yellow, blue CR deduction, move speed quints, armour/magic pen reds


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunner611

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORF View Post
Hp/18 yellow, blue CR deduction, move speed quints, armour/magic pen reds
I like this kind of idea. If anyone else seconds this for all around runes, I'm goign to start buying them.


Thanks BORF.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelin

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunner611 View Post
I like this kind of idea. If anyone else seconds this for all around runes, I'm goign to start buying them.


Thanks BORF.
Confirmed, altho I get flat health quinteces instead of movement speed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunner611

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Do most people usually get teh %cd per level or flat% cooldown.

I think its either .05%/level or .65% overall. = at level 13? What should I do!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BORF

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunner611 View Post
Do most people usually get teh %cd per level or flat% cooldown.

I think its either .05%/level or .65% overall. = at level 13? What should I do!
It just doesn't seem worth it to me to get per level cool down runes because of how long they take to be effective.

As for the HP quints instead of move speeds yeah that could work, pretty much whichever feels better for you. I really love the move speed especially for early game and playing characters with CC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunner611 View Post
So, as a fresh level 20, I have my share of characters I like to play, and a lot of IP save up. (I've been using Tier 1 Runes exclusively)

I'm wondering

1) What set of Tier 3 runes I should have to start off with. All -CD, Crit, Crit dmg, health.. etc.

2) I play almost exclusively mana/ap characters, if that effects choices for #1 please say so.

3) Should I mix and match or go straight for cooldown reduction for instance? Does each color use a different attribute better? Are the tradeoffs worth it?


Thanks in advance
1) I'd recommend Magic Penetration Marks, Flat HP Seals, Flat CD Glpyhs, and Flat HP Quints.
2) Yes. Magic Penetration is obvious for mana/ap chars, Flat HP Seals are IMO best for casters. Flat HP Quints are amazing for everyone that doesn't need something special. (Like Trynd needs crit chance). Flat CD is awesome on everyone.
3) Each rune has a primary type. I have a quick reference chart here: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=50741


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunner611

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
1) I'd recommend Magic Penetration Marks, Flat HP Seals, Flat CD Glpyhs, and Flat HP Quints.
2) Yes. Magic Penetration is obvious for mana/ap chars, Flat HP Seals are IMO best for casters. Flat HP Quints are amazing for everyone that doesn't need something special. (Like Trynd needs crit chance). Flat CD is awesome on everyone.
3) Each rune has a primary type. I have a quick reference chart here: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=50741


Thanks, and awesome chart btw.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mOeeOm

Senior Member

01-30-2010

Red = Magic Pen
Yellow = Cooldown Reduction
Blue = Cooldown reduction (scaling one, it's equiv to static at level 13)
Quints = Go with what you like, i prefer magic pen

@level 18 you will have 14.22 magic pen and 10.71% cooldown reduction.

300 HP at level 18 won't make or break the game. Having your spells come off cooldown and hitting harder will. Not going to argue this, it's up to you to decide if you think 300 HP will make or break the game for you or getting more spells off and doing more damage.

I play primarily annie/nunu and I need to be spamming my spells as fast as possible. Also it's very nice to 0 magic resist them, I start with guise as first item and spell pen boots, that's 54.22 spell pen and the 15% more you get from offense tree, if they get items for magic resist you still do a lot of damage to them.


12