Countesr to Push Strategies (need help here)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

so a few games I played recently made me realize how strong push strategies could be..... how are people supposed to counter them?

or more specifically how do I counter Sivir and Alistair if they are leading the way for their allies?

Wisewind

01-30-2010

Either flank them from the back with team or co-ordinate with your allies and engage them in a Teamfight at one of your towers.

Remunial

01-30-2010

I'm assuming by "push strategy" and then 'Sivir and Alistar leading the way" that you're talking about a 5 man push down one lane?

For 5 enemies coming at you at once it's just a matter of one team being more organized than the other most of the time. Try to fight at your tower and don't let them lure you out of range. Stay together and use your disables on the correct champions. For example: you say Alistar is leading the way? Don't go all out on him while 4 other enemies are around. He will just use his Ult (this will cancel most disables) and you just wasted your time doing minimal damage while your team got wiped out. Also, Alistar is not afraid to walk into your tower to punt somebody away from it. If he runs in alone to do this then try making him waste his Ult while staying clear from his stun/punt range. He will be MUCH easier to kill after this and may not try to stay in front of the pack as long with it on cooldown.

This goes for any tank really. They're there to do their job...tank for their damage dealers. They WANT you to attack them so their team can wipe yours out while you MAYBE kill the tank. Their team gets 5 kills, yours gets 1. Try to keep them disabled or just stay clear of them all-together. Tanks will almost always iniate the fight, usually with a disable of some sort. Getting a Banshee's Veil can counter this and make the initiation fail. If Alistar runs in to stun/punt you then the Banshee's Veil will stop the stun and give you time to run backwards before he can get in position to punt you to his team.

Having a good pushing champion on your team can also stop their push. They're coming at you with all 5 players and you guys are fighting at your tower. Meanwhile, you have your 5th player in a different lane ready to push alone. The farthur the better. If they're pushing bottom then try to push top. This will make it take longer for them to run up there if they don't have a teleport. Keep distracting their team and trying to lure them back towards your team. If they didn't notice that you're only defending with 4 players then you can really do some damage in another lane. This will usually make at least 1 of their players leave their push to defend the other lane.

Remember, the point of the game isn't to get twice as many kills as the other team. The point of the game is to destroy the enemy Nexus. If the enemy is in a 5 man squad at all times then that means they're only defending ONE AREA. Playing with map awareness will allow you to push pretty easily. If you see all 5 of them heading up top then one of you can head to the bottom while the rest defend. Wards wards wards. They're fairly cheap so if you have 2-3 people get wards instead of just 1 then none of you will take a big hit in your gold.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

actually, I'm just more interested in countering alistair and sivir particularily. When they lane together your tower is pretty much doomed if your not playing someone like Heimerdinger or Annie.

Remunial

01-30-2010

As an Alistar player myself I can honestly say that if you come to defend your tower alone then I will probably ignore you. Even if the wrong 2 players come to defend I may still ignore you if i'm alone.

I'm not going to lie. If Alistar and Sivir are pushing together then it's going to hurt. You're either going to want to take out Sivir first or force Alistar to waste his Ult. Morgana + Ryze are annoying against Alistar. Morgana with a Banshee's Veil is even more annoying. She is pretty much impossible to stun with the Veil + her magic immunity spell. Ryze and Morgana both have a root spell and using them one after another can do some damage.

If you can survive the initial stun + headbutt of Alistar then you have about 10 seconds to screw over Sivir without having to worry a whole lot about Alistar. He doesn't hit extremely hard like other champions. Sivir should be taken care of pretty easily after that but you will need a bit of teamwork. In most cases you can't do this alone. You need disables and burst damage.