Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

login connection error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jòe

07-16-2009

when i start the client, i get to the login screen and submit my info. then for 30 seconds it says "retrieving data from server... logging in"

then after about 30 seconds i get this error:

Connection Error
Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the League of Legends platform server.

i can't tell if maybe the servers aren't up all the time so this is not an error, or if there is actually something wrong and i should be able to play.

micha

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

Servers are actually down when you get these error.
When you are in the next Minutes/hours getting an error that your Beta Key isn't active our Beta Keys aren't active, only the developer ones so theres so mistake @ you, its just because the servers are offline or our keys are locked.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

Servers were brought down because they accidentally forgot to deactivate the new keys, heh

Twie

07-16-2009

any idea when they will be back up? I just received my key tonight so I'm assuming I'll have 1 week to play until my key gets locked. Is that correct? sorry for these questions but I couldn't find answers to them anywhere else.

07-16-2009

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/server_status.php

You will be able to play when the servers are up- potentially up until launching time.

gruof01

07-17-2009

And if you do try to login and it says your beta key is inactive, don't panic. That just means the system is still down.

Spiffy

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

Well done by the way with the new login animation.

"Swoosh... unlocking... glowing doors slide open to unveil........... Key Inactive" =)

micha

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

Yeah ofc very nice Login Animation, reminds at Warcraft3 Battle.net :P