Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Value of Urgot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

02-22-2011

Alright I'm fairly new to creating guides, but I consider myself to be a fairly good Urgot who knows his way arround the battlefield. And, I want other Urgotites to join me. So without a further ado...

Who is Urgot?
"The lucky will be swiftly erriadicated."

Urgot is a power harraser early game, designed to crush enemies, in order to propel your team. His early game is absolutely crucial that you succeed. Mid-Late game, he does argueably begin to fall off, but your primary role will always be to spite the enemy team as often as you can. See that Ezreal or Teemo? See if he wants to switch places with you...

Why should you bother to buy him?
"You can't beat me, so join me. I need a good pair of legs."

For me, Urgot was the champ who taught me a lot about the intricacies of LoL. He has a spammable skill shot/auto targeting device, a handy shield, a ranged AoE thats just fun, and an Ultimate that makes Carries cry. His passive, the Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmentor, is suprisingly handy, as it lowers the enemies damage by 15% with every attack Urgot performs. That may not seem like much, but belive me, a well placed shot can stunt an enemies damage output.

Abilities
"There is no escape from your demise."

Quote:
Q - Acid Hunter - Urgot fires an Acid Hunter missile that collides with the first enemy it hits, slowing the target if he has his Terror Capacitor up. Acid Hunter missile-locks on enemies affected by Noxian Corrosive Charge.

Urgot fires a missile towards the cursor that deals 15/45/75/105/135 (+) physical damage.

Missile-lock can be achieved by holding the cursor over a target afflicted by Noxian Corrosive Charge.[/QUOTE]

The Acid Hunter is Urgot's bread and butter secondary auto attack. Early game, you may want to be a bit judicial with its usage, but mid and late game spam this attack crazily and often.

Don't be afraid to fire one of these into a bush to check it. 50 mana is excessively cheap, and in 2 seconds you'll have a second Acid Hunter ready to go. If your taking a turret, free fire Acid Hunters at minions while Auto-Attacking the tower. Its handy!

But, what makes this attack truely special is its synergy with Noxian Corrosive Charge. You'll read about that coming up.

Quote:
W - Terror Capacitor Urgot charges up his capacitor to gain a shield. While the shield is active, Urgot gains slowing attacks.

Urgot charges up his terror capacitor to gain a shield that absorbs 80/140/200/260/320 (+0.8) damage for 7 seconds. While the shield is active, Urgot's attacks and missiles slow targets by 20/25/30/35/40%.

Oh the joys of having a shield! The Terror Capacitor syncs very nicely with both your Acid Hunter, your auto-attacks, and your Noxian Corrrosive Charge. Why?

Because of the slow. Early game, it can decimate an enemy. Mid-Late, the slow saves your lifes and condemns others.

It also is Urgot's best defense against greedy tower divers. Turn it on, get an attack off and juke them in a crazy dance arround the tower. The shield can really catch some enemies off guard, not to mention if you have your Ultimate ready. I'll get to that later.

Quote:
E - Noxian Corrosive Charge - Urgot launches a corrosive charge that damages enemies in an area and reduces their armor.
Urgot launches a Corrosive Charge at a target location. Enemies afflicted by the charge have their armor reduced by 12/14/16/18/20% and take 75/130/185/240/295 (+) physical damage over 5/5/5/5/5 seconds.

Acid Hunter is able to missile-lock onto targets affected by Noxian Corrosive Charge.

On to the two attacks that make Urgot an early game pubstomper. Acid Hunter and your Corrosive Charge. Its a difficult attack to get used to, although its not as bad as Heimerdinger's Grenades.

But when you hit the enemy, Urgot secretly smiles inside. You have achieved Lock-On. By holding your cursor directly over the enemy and pressing Q, your Acid Hunter will sail over minions and other champions to your Corrosively tainted target. And in less than two seconds, you can fire another. And then another.

The range on your Locked-On Acid Hunters is massive, and farther than when you free fire it. So that means after you get a lock-on with the Corrosive Charge, you can dance arround just out of the Turrets range, and still be firing your Hunters.

Alone, the Noxian Corrosive Charge is not useless either. It can deal a good amount of damage, and it debuffs your enemies armor by a fairly punishing amount. And, at level 1 it costs only 50 mana, making a better first pick than Acid Hunters.

Quote:
R- Hyper-Kintetic Position Reverser - H.K.P.R - Urgot charges up his Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser, swapping positions with the target. His target is suppressed for the duration of the channel. He gains increased armor and magic resistance after the swap.
Urgot targets an enemy champion and channels his Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser for 1 second, swapping locations with his target afterwards. His target is suppressed for the duration of the channel.

Urgot gains 80/105/130 armor and magic resist during and after the channel, and his target is slowed by 40% for 3 seconds after being swapped.

This is Urgot's ultimate. Early on, it has some good uses. It can save your life from towerdivers, as the AM and MR is rarely considered, plus you have your handy dandy shield.

If the enemy trys to run from you, or your allies, swap places with him, blocking both his escape route and throwing your enemy into harm's way.

If you get ganked from behind, swapping with the enemy is in excellent alternative to death. In addition, if the enemy is channeling, you'll suppress and cancel their attack.

Late game you have to honor of royally screwing your enemy's carry. Every time you level this spell up, it's range increases, letting your grab the enemy from farther away. Always, I repeat ALWAYS grab their squishier damage dealing character. Even if you die in the process, your team can take out one of the enemies finest.

Don't be silly and use it when you and or your team is not ready. A dead Urgot makes no one smile but the enemy.

Quote:
Passive - Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmentor - Urgot's attacks reduce his targets' damage by 15% for 2.5 seconds

One of the finer passives in the game. This attack can hurt any enemy that Urgot attacks, making retaliation a lot weaker. Late game, it stunts your enemies abilities to do damage.

Items
  • Meki Pendant- This item keeps you laning
  • Health Potions- Helps out early on if they lay on the pressure back.
  • Manamune/ Tear of the Goddess- Mana and damage, a win-win combination with Urgot
  • Boots of Mobility- This gives the speed Urgot desperately needs to get arround fast and kill.
  • Brutalizer/ Yomuumuu's Ghostblade- The armor penetration is very nice, an the Ghostblade's passive helps to push.
  • Stark's Fervor- Grants you a bit of surviability, and helps your team.
  • The Bloodthirster- If you're doing well, this grants you a good amount of damage and lifesteal.
  • Banshee's Veil- Gives you a bit more surviability where you need it, especially for escaping potentially bad situations

Most other items also work nicely, except for Cooldown items. Trust me, you won't have many cool down issues with Urgot.

Strategium

Early game - First, buy a Meki Pendant, and two potions. You'll need the mana and it builds into a Manamune. Throw a point into your Noxian Corrosive Charge and be on your way.

Skills Level 1 E- Q - E- W - Q - Q Level 6

As soon as you can, start harrassing the bejeevus out your foe with your Noxian Charge, to both get them used to the attack's relatively low damage early on, and to damage them a bit. Don't bother to try to auto-attack them, unless they get too close for comfort. Once you have your first rank of Acid Hunter, its time to make them hurt.

Now when you hit them with your Charge, make them feel pain. They will try to run, but follow them for a ways and fire a few hunters after them, until the effect wears off. Remember, you achieve Lock-On by holding your cursor over the enemy. This is VITAL

If you like playing mind games, or if your enemy can't heal, don't completely unload on them right away. Hurt them, but let them farm just a tiny bit. When they get to about a 1/4 health left unleash the fury, doing whatever you have to do to finish off your foe, including Ignite if you have to.

Depending on your ally, you may want to let them get more of the minion kills. They might need it a bit more than you will.

I would not recomend getting your Ultimate right away, as it's uses are a bit limited, considering the amount of mana it costs. Save it for Level 7.

Mid Game

Level 7 - R - Q - E - W - Q - E - Level 12

Alright, if you're doing well, get arround to your Boots of Mobility, and get to scaring other lanes into submission. Your Boots will allow you to get in range of your enemies fast, letting you unleash your combo, and if you're good, get a kill. If they try to run, just remember your Ultimate.

If you get some lifesteal, Urgot's not a bad dragon slayer at this phase if you have the mana to take it down. Also, you can start using your Auto Attack a bit more offensively at this stage, as you'll actually do something. With Stark's, you can get pretty damaging, even without your abilities.

Late Game Level 13 - R - E - W - W - R - W Level 18

Alright team fights galore and alas, you probably are'nt doing as much damage as you used to do. Urgot is an excellent laner, but battles will be breaking out everywhere now. Stick with an ally or teamate as much as you can, preferably a AD tank or carry. Should you spot an enemy, first know thy enemy.

Is it a tank? - Unless you know you can kill him, don't try your Ult. Thats exactly what the enemy team would want by you focusing their tank?

Is it a Carry?- Get in there and grab that Carry if you can handle him with the help of your allies. Your Ultimate has a suprisingly large range at this phase, so it should'nt be a giant problem.

Is it a Support?- I would get in and hurt the support as much as possible, and if I have to, Ult them to confirm the kill.

Is it Teemo?- "There is no escape from your demise!"

Ending Thoughts

Alright, I'm glad you took the time to read, and if you did'nt here is a quick recap.

Pros
- Powerful early game
- A constant harrass
- A very nice passive that can disable enemies
- An ultimate that makes Teemo cry
- The finest voice acting and dancing you will ever see on a champion.

Cons
- Relatively low damage late game
- Slow movement speed
- Shield is on the weaker side defensively.
- Prone to agressive tendancies, due to constant harrasment.
- He's not the person Teemo likes to meet in a dark alley.

Urgot is by far my favorite champion, simply because he's unique. He's butt ugly, but give him time, and you'll love Urgot too!

Zuthuzu

Recruiter

02-22-2011

As an Urgot player myself, more or less agree on all points. Guide however does lack analysis of masteries, runes and spells. There really is no options with arpen and flash, you gotta have 'em. Other fields, however, are open for trying. Personally I go for 0/9/21 ghost+flash arpen-mp5-movespeed setup.

Itemwise, he really does need manamune, both for spamming Q and being able to totally cap its passive in a few minutes (with said spamming). Another side effect of Q spamming is the unspeakable wonder of sheen/triforce proc every 1-2 attacks, immense DPS boost. Also gives more purpose for shooting creeps while pushing tower.

Finally, never noticed falling off in DPS late game. Just like any other ranged carry, if you manage to stay unfocused, you destroy them in a matter of seconds. If you do get focused, you got your shield and ult to stay alive. You got permaslow, stat reductions and ungodly range.What's up with all this "Urgot is UP" bull****, I don't even. But well, as long as it keeps community from QQ leading to nerfs, I'm fine with that.

zerakren

02-22-2011

Iv just started to pick Urgot up again after giving him a break for a while. i really love him but i build him a little different.

1. Manamune (+2 health pots if you mid.)
2. boots of swiftness
3. frozen heart
4. banshees veil
5. Triforce
6. last whisper/ infinity edge

This build will make urgot fast enough (boots/triforce) to chase people down and land multiple acid hunters as well as get in range and use his ult. the 2 tank items make him pretty durable, enough to tank towers and take quite a bit of champion abuse.
also, notice that almost all of the items in this build give mana. making your manamune give you a lot of AD. this build DOES NOT give you as much AD as Birdy51's build. I did the math on this once but i lost the numbers, With nothing but AD items i got urgot up to like 383 and with my build i got him up to like 300-320
BUT! my build makes him much more durable. allowing you to skirmish for alot longer before having to return to base and allows him to fight toe to toe with most champs and come out on top.

I always mid with urgot if i get the chance. Hitting someone with NC and multiple acid hunters can easily chip off 50-75% of a champs health and keep the out of XP range of the minions.
(first forum post, it probably sucks. oh well)

shedim

02-22-2011

I won't bother harassing people with rank 1 q, since it does less damage than your autoattack. Keep harassing them with grenades until you get rank 2 or better 3 on your q. With acid hunter rank 3 you're good to go and should be able to kill champions.

I won't get the mallet, since it only works with your autoattacks. You shouldn't be that close, anyways.

Try to get 2 defensive items as well. Good things are Banshee's or Frozen heart. If you go full dps, your damage's gonna suck late game anyways, so get some defense and go dps-support.

Birdy51

02-22-2011

Thanks for the feedback. I may add Banshee's Veil as I simply furgot to add it.

I wanted to focus more on the gameplay, rather than runes. To tell the truth, my own runepages are rather wishy-washy. :P

marco420

06-06-2014

Urgot is a fat tub of lard with spider legs no one loves him

TheEnchantedGaz

06-06-2014

This thread is from 3 years ago.