Did this Guide help you?

Yes 3 33.33%
No 6 66.67%
Kinda 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Shaco: The Right Way. (3vs3 guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimCreeperX

02-22-2011

The name of this build is Frozen Impaler
Almost every game i play people compliment me on the way i play shaco and question me about my build, so here's a guide

I took a liking to Shaco the moment i saw him when i first started playing LoL and knew that was the Champion i wanted to play forever. Forget what you've heard about AP Shaco's; you will laugh at anyone you see playing one after you've followed my guide. I'm specifically goign to leave out the Masteries and Runes/Quints but i will touch on them slightly.

this guide won't mention things that are purely speculative and left to chance so don't ask about them.

Skills and Corresponding Keys.

Q - Deceive (This is Shacos signature move. Instantly stealths and teleports you to target location within a certain range of Shaco.)
W- Jack in the Box (Static turret that shoots and will cast fear if an enemy stumbles upon one of these bad-boys in a bush.)
E- Two-Shiv (Ranged damage/slow.)
R- Hallucination (Shaco splits into two. If the "False" Shaco depletes it's health or it's timer runs out, it bursts sending a hail of Shivs at all enemies in it's surrounding area.)

Skill Progression Chart
Q
E
Q
E
Q
R
E
E

In a 3vs3 sometimes it's beneficial to put a point into W in order to give you vision on key areas such as dragon and lizard but i generally don't do this unless i believe i'm doing enough dmg already or if i find myself behind on levels and will be laning for a bit.

Masteries

Really the most important thing is 21 points into offensive for havoc... you're obviously going to be putting points into whatever gives you bonus crit dmg, armor penetration attack speed, thigns like that... but the most important is your 1 point in HAVOC for 5% more dmg. But the rest are mostly just preference because you never know if you'll need the def or the utility points... it's mostly just chance because it's a blind pick and you don't know the enemy builds.

A few things about Shaco and this build.

First... Shaco is NOT a tank. This fact does not negate that extra HP doesn't hurt. My build consists of having quite a bit more HP than most Shaco's and that's why i've never been killed by an enemy Shaco whilst we both solo the top lane.

Items, Items, Items
As you all know (if you've ever played a 3v3 match) a major factor in determining the winner of the match is the First-blood at "Bottom Bush." This consists of all three members of both teams rushing to the bush as fast as possible and then having a team-battle right there. The winner of this initial fight is usually determined by the first team to get someone into the bush on the bottom lane. This first person should always be Shaco.

As soon as the match starts go ahead and grab 1.Doran's Blade and head straight for that bush. If you're quick you will almost always be the first person there. Make sure your team is aware that they need to rush with you to that bush as well as quickly as they can otherwise you're toast. Nom nom nom... One of the benfits of being Shaco is that even if you make it to the bush and discover that two of your opponents have made it there first... you can always deceive out and back to the comfort and safety of your nifty tower which the gods so graciously gave to you.

I'm not here to write everything i know about Shaco so i'm just going to finish up by giving you my Item Progression List now. try it out.. if you're smart you'll do well.

1.Dorans Blade - This extra HP, AD and Life Steal will be an amazing advantage for Shaco in that initial fight and even later on down the game
2.Beserkers Greaves
3. Zeal (then turn into Phantom Dancer as soon as you can)
4.Frozen Mallet - What?! Frozen Mallet he says? NONSENSE! That's right.. frozen mallet...
5.Atmas impaler - This armor will help you greatly when you find yourself going 1v1 against another melee class... it's invaluable.
6.At this point you can really choose whatever you want, but with my build you should have about 1.8 attack speed, 260 Attack damage and about 450 movement speed making you the most deadliest shark in the ocean. I like to get another Frozen Mallet to make Shaco's survivability a bit more likely than it already was and for the Atmas Impaler makes it well worth getting HP... with Atmas impaler each Frozen Mallet will give you about 60-70 dmg. (few others to think about: Infinity edge, Blood thirster or whatever you believe will counter the enemy's team composition best. I've found myself throwing on a thornmail as well when going against jax or master yi.

i hate how guides tell you how to do everything... this gives you a basis to work around for a 3v3 match in order to help you but it also leaves certain areas grey for you to find what works best for you... i can't tell you how to do everything exactly because no matter what i tell you it won't be suitable for all situations. I have found Q to be the most effective for first bloods on 3v3... with it's cool down and ability for catchign people who flash out of the bush with low hp.. also with the crit bonus and guaranteed crit hitting for about 160 dmg at lvl 1 is amazing

I hope this short guide helps and good luck. (Below are two screenshots just to prove the build works great. I couldn't figure out how to make them larger, i'm sorry but if u click on the thumbnail you can zoom in yourself.) The first picture is of me going 25/9/5 and the second is 13/3/5 in a 20:00 game. Also, if you click on the picture and then hold CTRL and use mouse wheel to zoom in you can see the scores fine.

(thanks to Scarekro for finding my mistake of saying 2 atmas when i meant 2 mallets. kudos!)
PS: i'll be editting this guide as patches come out and as i feel like adding new content.. thanks.

(Also, if anyone can find something like Fraps or any other screen recording software that isn't going to drop my FPS by a ton then i wuld love to be able to make some videos proving the effectiveness of this build as if my screenshots hadn't already.)

-GrimCreeperX

FAQ and The Haters Corner

Originally Posted by Diamonddj
you claim you focus on first blood.. yet you dont put a single point on w pre six.....

sorry this guide needs work
-tbh people seeking a 3v3 guide to shaco will be looking for jungle builds/masteries etc. and not be focused on the bottom brush gank, lol

(response) i hate how guides tell you how to do everything... this gives you a basis to work around for a 3v3 match in order to help you but it also leaves certain areas grey for you to find what works best for you... i can't tell you how to do everything exactly because no matter what i tell you it won't be suitable for all situations. I have found Q to be the most effective for first bloods on 3v3... with it's cool down and ability for catchign people who flash out of the bush with low hp.. also with the crit bonus and guaranteed crit hitting for about 160 dmg at lvl 1 is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc201
2 Mallets? o.O

Mallet's passive costs 650-700g (paying 825g for 45hp+2ad+passive), so you're effectively wasting that much gold.

You would be much better off buying surivability and dmg separately (or buy a Wriggle's vs phys or Hex vs magic if you like def+dmg items).

Two Mallets are a bad idea. You might do well with them ofc, that's because you don't feel the wasted 650-700g, but that amount of gold can win you a close game.

edit: just thought of something: Atma's compensates you for some of the lost gold in dmg, but I think Atma's cost is calibrated so that it starts being cost-effective when you have like 3k+ hp, but that's just speculation, I'm not in the mood to run the numbers.

i(response)Well, it really depends on the game if your 6th slot is used up by a mallet or if you want to grab a last whisper... it's dependant upon team composition. If they're stacking a lot of armor to counter my dmg then of coruse i'm going to need armor pen item in this 6th slot, but if they're continuing to stack damage then i'll grab a 2nd frozen mallet and not only do i get that 700 hp frmo it but also that extra hp which willt ake me close to or above 3600 hp at level 18 increasing the total damage added by both of your frozen mallets by adding this second mallet

Originally Posted by Nekomata Waltzer
Check your math again; a Frozen Mallet will only add 34 damage if you have Atmas. 20 base, plus 2% of 700, which is 14.

(response)Thanks for that info.. but... it's not 2% of 700.. at this point it will be more like 2% of 2100 added onto the +20 AD from the frozen mallet. so if 14 = 2% of 700 then multiply that by 3 and it will be added 42 to the already 20 from the item ending with a 62 dmg bonus frmo that item if you're not already over 2100 hp and this damage bonus will increase slightly as you level and depending on your build....The formula int hsi case would be 2100/100 * 2 + 20 = 62

EDIT: I jsut confirmed that at lvl 15 you will have 2.55k HP... so actually you're looking at more like 70-75 AD + 700 hp from each mallet including your slow buff... so... there ya go

Scarekro

02-22-2011

atmas stack??

GrimCreeperX

02-22-2011

no no... not atmas... i only get 1 atmas... i get 2 frozen mallets thanks for the check.. i am gonna edit that.. i meant mallet (bump)

GrimCreeperX

02-22-2011

if u like the guide gimme thumbs up (bump)

Doc201

02-22-2011

2 Mallets? o.O

Mallet's passive costs 650-700g (paying 825g for 45hp+2ad+passive), so you're effectively wasting that much gold.

You would be much better off buying surivability and dmg separately (or buy a Wriggle's vs phys or Hex vs magic if you like def+dmg items).

Two Mallets are a bad idea. You might do well with them ofc, that's because you don't feel the wasted 650-700g, but that amount of gold can win you a close game.

edit: just thought of something: Atma's compensates you for some of the lost gold in dmg, but I think Atma's cost is calibrated so that it starts being cost-effective when you have like 3k+ hp, but that's just speculation, I'm not in the mood to run the numbers.

GrimCreeperX

02-22-2011

yea u will in up with about 3.2k with 2 mallets

GrimCreeperX

02-22-2011

bump

I pwnz u now

02-22-2011

So tell me now, how are you even gonna touch a remotely decent 3v3 champion? Up to and including Poppy, Garen, Teemo, Singed, Mordekaiser, Xin, Sion, Mundo, Irelia, Udyr, Jax?

The idea behind AD Shaco has always been to move in, rape their carry (that's SR) and then move out. When you play TT, there are no carries that are squishy. At least in a game where both teams know what the **** they are doing.

Shaco is jut not viable on TT since going down on any of the aforementioned characters will just get you killed. Sure, you may escape with deceive, but what was the point of going in if you're going out...

Diamonddj

02-22-2011

you claim you focus on first blood.. yet you dont put a single point on w pre six.....

sorry this guide needs work
-tbh people seeking a 3v3 guide to shaco will be looking for jungle builds/masteries etc. and not be focused on the bottom brush gank, lol

GrimCreeperX

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pwnz u now View Post
So tell me now, how are you even gonna touch a remotely decent 3v3 champion? Up to and including Poppy, Garen, Teemo, Singed, Mordekaiser, Xin, Sion, Mundo, Irelia, Udyr, Jax?

The idea behind AD Shaco has always been to move in, rape their carry (that's SR) and then move out. When you play TT, there are no carries that are squishy. At least in a game where both teams know what the **** they are doing.

Shaco is jut not viable on TT since going down on any of the aforementioned characters will just get you killed. Sure, you may escape with deceive, but what was the point of going in if you're going out...
i understand your logic but i disagree. I have killed teemo and several other champions you have mentioned plenty of times before.

That 6th slot is what is really going to change the battle... if it's an hp stacking sion and others on their team have major health bonus items then i'm obviously going to grab a Madreds Blood razor and maybe an executions for when he uses his ult depending on if it's worth giving up a slot to get it (is he the only reason their team wins team battles and things like this come in to play with any build)... please don't leave comments based on speculation or "what ifs" unless it's more of a "How To" question. Thank you.

EDIT: i just played a game vs Jax, Tryndamere and Teemo... its the 4th screen shot i added... check my score and tell me i can't go vs them?