Lag issues on same ip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tychus

02-21-2011

So right now there's 4 people in my house all trying to play lol but we only have 3 different ip addresses. ordinarily we sit at about 100 ping each but as soon as we get 2 people using the same ip address we get huge (2k + latency) lag. Any ideas? (also it's not the "too many people using the internet" thing because we can play just about any other game fine without lag)

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Why do two of you have the same IP? O.o

That's going to cause problems no matter what. You need to give one of them a different IP.

- Press Windows Key + R
- Type in "cmd" and press enter
- Type in "ipconfig /release"
- Let it run
Then type "ipconfig /renew"

If this doesn't work, you can try manually assigning an IP address to one of the computers: http://www.overclock.net/faqs/93129-...ress-step.html

Tychus

02-21-2011

we all have seperate internal ip addresses but 2 people share 1 external ip address

Anartia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

I have a good idea....that fixed mine. Are you using skype?! If you are.... have everyone update it. ... I realized last night when I switched skype calls that my lag went away. The host of my call wasn't updated on skype and for some reason it was causing me to lag out. ...

zNei

07-21-2011

i have the same problem, in my home, my brother and i play lol, but for some reason when we play in the same game start the lag, but if we play in diferent games 0 lag, good ping and stuff.

This is only with lol, because we also play L2 with 3 account each of us and not laggin issues.

I hope someone can help me.