Udyr good for ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cholologist

02-21-2011

I've just started ranked games a few days ago and I've been doing pretty well. (7-1 i think)
I'm in need of a jungler, I have Shaco, but I am not confident enough to play him in ranked. I was wondering if Udyr was good for ranked. I played with a couple of Udyr's in ranked and they are all impressive.

I think I have the right runes. My jungling set is:
Attack speed - Marks
Armor - Seals
Flat CDR - Glyphs
Arpen - Quints

Or

Arpen - Marks
Armor - Seals
Flat CDR - Glyphs
Arpen - Quints

Also, is Manamune good? A lot of the Udyrs only bought Manamune and maybe Wriggles for damage items and went full tank items after and dominated everyone.

Cenerae

02-21-2011

Udyr's a good pick if your team could use an extra bruiser.

Don't get Manamune on him though. By the time you're done with your 2nd blue buff you shouldn't be having mana issues anyway.

thehippiekiller

02-21-2011

udyr is a solid jungler, and i see him as a viable ranked jungler

Aynia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Very viable jungler, one of the best. Don't build manamune. Follow the typical wriggles, boots and survivability build.

Vampireofwind

Recruiter

02-21-2011

i have won many ranked games as udyr. i build all attack speed runes and then build him very tanky
eg: mercs or ninja depends on their team comp then wriggles, banshees then omen or swaped depending then sunfire and then trinity for damage since you need something to still be a threat.

prophet of toast

02-21-2011

Udyr is great. Don't get Armor Pen on him though, he does mostly magic damage (phoenix and tiger do magic damage). The two ways I build him is either tanky getting Heart of gold and Wriggles then whatever tanky items I need. the other option is dps rushing a madreds bloodrazor and then something like a Starks or maybe a Frozen Mallet.