Maokai's ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MurderDeathSquad

02-21-2011

So there are a lot of people who are upset with our latest and treeiest champion's ultimate - there are some who find it fine, but we're ignoring them for now.

Some of the suggestions have been to put a slow in it, or maybe even a root. Someone even suggested it following Maokai, though that may be slightly op.

Here's my suggestion: make it big. Really.****ing.Big.

I'm talking like triple the size at least
I mean, it's called Vengeful Maelstrom- not Sucky Puddle of Suck.

Right now it takes about a fifth of a second to stroll on out- Change that.
Make it so all-consuming of the map that people get lost in it, praying to find the area in which it ends.

Maybe not that dramatic, but that's the idea behind it.

Anyway- comments, ideas, spam?

Ihaspotpies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

I kinda feel that it should have some sort of slowing aspect to it. Or make abilities he uses within the maelstrom do special things.

Like sapplings slow anything they hit or his root lasts longer, or his slow hits harder.

At the moment, its only worth using for the damage reduction, which is nice, but it isn't even worth putting more than 1 point into, so you can keep it up longer. The damage is kinda just there.

Nightdancer ND

02-21-2011

It have to be bigger.
I wouldn't mind to give the damage away, in exchange for a bigger area that makes a difference (like Trundles movement speed.)

The tiny area of his ult is the reason why I find Maokai not very tanklike.

shm0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Maokai's ult should act like Rammus' shield - but be an aura around him. as of right now, maokai is just way too **** squishy.

Covenant

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
It have to be bigger.
I wouldn't mind to give the damage away, in exchange for a bigger area that makes a difference (like Trundles movement speed.)

The tiny area of his ult is the reason why I find Maokai not very tanklike.
I agree. Trundle's AoE wouldn't be a bad start. And I seriously do not care AT ALL if it does any damage. I turn it on and leave it on until I die or the enemies are fleeing. The mana cost is not that severe.

clear world

02-21-2011

hooray, someone who has something like my idea for Maokai.

I kept on going to different threads, always suggesting the same thing, leveling Maokai's ultimate will increase the size.