Lich Bane Crit ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Can Lich Bane attack be a critical hit?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-29-2010

Any hit can crit. The real question is, does the Lich Bane damage bonus apply before or after the x2 from a critical hit?

I don't know to be honest. Never really thought about it.

Dr Gankenstein

01-29-2010

Good question. I believe the Lich Bane effect is based on the Sheen effect, so if Sheen can crit, I would THINK Lich Bane can, but I don't know for sure... hopefully someone whos knows can enlighten us.

Zouave321

01-29-2010

if you have 500ap and 200 attack :
a normal attack will do 500+200
a critical attack will do 500+400

i remember the old passive of ryze stacked with lich bane: 500ap and 200attack it did 750+200. it was so imba 150% of ap converted to damage :/ actually ALL the ability of ryze were so good, i remember his Q 0.8ap+12%mana dmg, man with rod of ages he pwned so much :/ poor ryze

I8C SRS FACE

01-30-2010

This is the first time I've seen someone suggest Ryze was better the way he used to be. His Overload isn't as powerful as it was when you had full mana but overall it's more effective now, and SpellFlux while his Ult is activated (which is on a shorter cooldown than it used to be) is even more deadly than his old ultimate was.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave321 View Post
So the Lich Bane bonus is applied after the Crit multiplier. Thx ^.^

Sola Topee

11-23-2010

Thanx.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-24-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
This is correct: Lichbane, Sheen and Trinity Force is applied after the critical modifier.

However, for champion abilities that can critical strike such as: Parley and Garen's Justice... their bonus damage is added *before* the critical modifier...

...except that no one builds critical strike on Garen, so who cares? XD

DeadXera

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
This is correct: Lichbane, Sheen and Trinity Force is applied after the critical modifier.

However, for champion abilities that can critical strike such as: Parley and Garen's Justice... their bonus damage is added *before* the critical modifier...

...except that no one builds critical strike on Garen, so who cares? XD
wait... Justice can crit???

ASHISHDUH

11-24-2010

I think the wording on Lich Bane and Trinity Force should be changed, it makes it sound like your attack damage actually gets increased as opposed to just adding attack damage on to the final hit. Weirdly enough, Sheen's wording is completely clear lol.

...or you could change the functionality to increase AD so that it becomes imba for my Trynd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadXera View Post
wait... Justice can crit???
I think he meant Judgement.