Irelia.How should i build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

02-21-2011

so i played 3 games this morning

going
dorans shield
boots
sheen
merc treads
tri force
BV

First game went 3/4/1. my team didnt work well together and the two tanks ramnus/taric didnt do much.
Second game was crazy as it was 3 tanks, mf and anivia while again my teams tanks didnt do much. We got owned completely but i still went 5/6/13
Third game i was stuck solo top vs taric and garen. That was just ridiculous as i couldnt stop them hitting the turret once every time the wave came due to tarics stun i couldnt get too close to them, but i farmed and levelled well. The team worked better together and i went 4/1/4 with a win.

All in all im really liking her. Sometimes find it hard to hit E though after using Q to close the gap.

Miotas

02-22-2011

i totally agree in putting a point into q, maybe even in e, before leveling w.

why does noone else get spirit visage as a core item? it adds cdr, mres, life and that awesome +heal. really gives her more survivability than the same amount of life steal, as it works with her ult. id never get anything but triforce and boots before i havent finished this.

Asylumseeker

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miotas View Post
i totally agree in putting a point into q, maybe even in e, before leveling w.

why does noone else get spirit visage as a core item? it adds cdr, mres, life and that awesome +heal. really gives her more survivability than the same amount of life steal, as it works with her ult. id never get anything but triforce and boots before i havent finished this.
But does it work with hiten style aswell? Just using the ult isnt that often i find so not sure how worthwhile it is.

Also is it really best to just put a point in q/e then level up w? I thought levelling up Q would be good as the mana cost doesnt go up but the damage does.

Hebuska

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Asylumseeker

02-22-2011

so far im going 1 win to 5 losses with irelia. I personally think im playing quite well. My teams on the other hand not doing so well. Like 2 people chasing 4 enemies into a bush etc..

My main issue is i can hurt them but not enough to do much. (mostly because last 3 games ive been laned vs soraka + tank) So im happy surviving in lane but can never do enough late game to make much of a difference.

edit:So the 3 games i played this morning were complete walkovers on my teams side. All being about 10 to 30 kills.

I find i can run in, do some damage with a quick q/e but then have to retreat due to more than 1 person there. If it is just one they escape to the tower low health so i struggle actually getting the killing blow.

Start with dorans shield
boots
sheen
tri force

runes: armpen red, mana regen yellow, cdr/lvl blue, health quint - i dont have much else due to costs of runes.

masteries ive tried 21/0/9 and 9/0/21

skilling usually q,e,w,w,q,r to start with

Rossiu

02-23-2011

I main'd Irelia before she was put on rotation, i can tell you the possible builds and how they'll work or not work;

Attack Speed + Attack Damage Irelia - This one is pretty straight forward, maxing Q and W first and only using E for it's stun/slow. This enables you to deal damage while healing a fair bit but these Irelia's are often shut down if they get Exhausted or stunned. Can't attack? Can't heal. To make this one more likely to work in your favour you'll have to make her quite tanky and sacrifice some AD/AS.

Ability Power - With the 1:1 ratio that your E provides, along with the 0.4:1 of your ultimate, you'll be good for burst damage (E does 300 [+AP] at rank 5) but you'll find yourself running away after you've popped both your skills. If you're sure you want to run this, I'd recommend Ionian Boots of Lucidity due to reducing your ultimate cooldown from 60 seconds to about 40-45.

Hybrid Irelia - This build takes in every aspect of Irelia, her AP and AD skills. While you won't be auto attacking hard or fast, your Q will close the gap - quite painfully for them, allowing you to pop your W, E and R in for some great burst damage. This build'll help you farm minions a lot quicker than AP Irelia. I normally use this build because I find with AD my E and Ultimate are redundant and when I use AP I find closing the gap with Q a bit redundant also due to them just continue running while you've done ...what 150 damage?

You run in, pop your W, close the gap with Q, Stun/Slow with E, auto attack dealing true damage, they start to run, chase them down with Q and bam, that'll shut down squishies. The "core" for this build has to be Trinity Force and either Merc Treads or Ionian Boots of Lucidity, I use the Lucidity Boots because of the cooldown for my next burst stream of destruction with Q and E. Levelling up your skills will depend on your enemies, who you're with and who you're against on the lane. Q is always first, to help you farm - A rich Irelia is a strong Irelia, if you're running into trouble when you reach level 2, spend your points on W to help you heal but if you're kicking Noxian 'behind' then spend it on E to make their troubles worse. I level up E and Q equally but situations call for something to be maxed first, such as armour Rammus who lacks Mag Res.

My Item Build - If you really care;
Mana Crystal + 2 Potions
Boots
Sheen
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Phage
Triforce
Guardian Angel if you're having trouble/Hextech Gunblade if you're cleaning up/Frozen Mallet for chasing and that HP boost.