Why do people ignore deaths?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oBs0QCXcBTQM4Pjf

02-20-2011

It's occurred to me people in this game no longer realize that when you die, you give gold + exp + zone control to the enemy(s).

There has been alot of hooplah of people saying assists matters more than your deaths, but that's just not true, when you die you give away as much as 300 gold ... and thats without bounty! With bounty it can be as much as 1000 gold. For alot of champions, this is an instant item buy/finish.

Another problem I've noticed lately are clumsy tanks, or just downright stupid tanks, who claim they did me a service by forcing his team to fight at low HP when we all said B anyways, only to lose the fight anyways because he.... a).missed the mumu ult, b).didnt taunt ANY carries, c).any number of awful things feeder tanks do. Yeah I like my tank to feed me when Im the carry, and when Im the tank it's fun to feed my kills to my carries, but there is no excuse for me to have ridiculonk feeder scores, even if I do have a bunch of assists, every death is 150+ gold ( Not true, there is a diminishing return on champion kills, so if you die 9 times without a kill you're only giving like 90 gold )!.

The point is, that there are 5 points in the game that DO matter, and you'd be an idiot to ignore any one of them, and they are 1). Tower/Inhib/Nexus kills 2).Champion kills 3). Champion Deaths 4).Champion assist and 5). Dragon/Baron kills, almost ALL the other stuff is negligible, but those 5 items ALL matter. The most important is a derp derp duh thing, tower/inhib/nexus kills! OMFG Thats how you win DUH! The second most important are each individual's K/D in relation to the team's K/D, third most important are one's Assists and the team's cumulative Dragon/Baron kills/steals.

The argument is over, KDA matters, towers matters, and dragons/barons matter, stop being a QQ because people tell you, you suck because you had a negative score, YOU DO! I've very rarely gone negative on any champion, supports, tanks and carries or any other off class of champ you can think of. For those of you QQing because you are being made fun of for carrying a team 21 - 2 and yet nobody thinks you did anything because assists is the new "where it's at" STFU! You did a HUGE portion of the work for your wins, and consequently you ALSO were a BIG part of ANY losses, you were not able to CARRY your team. I don't even know how to start talking to all of you who STILL don't think dragon and baron are important, PLEASE PLAY ANOTHER GAME! YOU DONT GET THIS ONE!

Twistana

02-20-2011

+1, just stop yelling at us now we're not kids. I disagree with how you ordered things, I'd say baron is same importance as champion kills/ deaths

Touhoushu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0mbthret View Post
The argument is over, KDA matters, towers matters, and dragons/barons matter, stop being a QQ because people tell you, you suck because you had a negative score, YOU DO!.
I give all kills to the carry each game. But I always die; it's expected.

Am I a baddie now?

Edit: I think you guys completely misunderstood "I always die". I seem to have stressed it a tad too far.

By, "I always die", I merely meant that I would inevitably die in games. As the tank, anyways.

oBs0QCXcBTQM4Pjf

02-20-2011

didnt mean to yell sorry, just saw anther nub posting about assists importance, we KNOW its important, but it's importance is directly behind that of champion kills and deaths lol

SoIo Wing

02-20-2011

People try to make themselves feel better when they go 0/10/10 and think they helped the team alot

oBs0QCXcBTQM4Pjf

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touhoushu View Post
I give all kills to the carry each game. But I always die; it's expected.

Am I a baddie now?
How do you normally score? How are you dieing? Cause you know... tanks are made to initiate ... soak dmg... and then hopefully your team has dropped one of them, either way, the team is supposed to back off after an initial burst if your tank is dieing.

If you are part of a team that forces your tank to die just so you can have 3 seconds more of deeps, you are a baddie.

If you are tanking for a team and forget that you are not invulnerable and you at some point should back too just like your squishies, you are a baddie.

If you are a support and you are anywhere auto attacking an enemy champion instead of staying WELL behind the tanks, and just behind your ranged deeps, you are a baddie.

If you are the damage for your team and you decide to burst a tank during the initial burst you are a baddie.

Now...do any of these describe you?

Mineralo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by touhoushu View Post
i give all kills to the carry each game. But i always die; it's expected.

Am i a baddie now?
0/50/8?

moodster

02-20-2011

I will suicide in a 5 kill spree to steal baron for my team any day. Hell, I'll do it if half my team is dead. If I'm the only one, well no I'm not that stupid. I'll threaten to steal it though.

oBs0QCXcBTQM4Pjf

02-20-2011

Suiciding to steal baron is a just and honorable cause, go for it brotha, but let's be honest ... that only works one time per game.... and 0 - 1 isn't exactly feeding... so steal the baron for your team and die...the one time it'll work... if you try a second time you're just begging for somebody to read the boy who cried wolf to you.

Cenerae

02-20-2011

K/D/A doesn't matter that much.

As long as people are actually doing what they're supposed to be doing in teamfights and are being team players, I wouldn't particularly care if they died a lot.

Now if someone keeps overextending by themselves and getting ganked, then yeah that's different. But if say, a Malphite initiates, is focused and killed, and picks up 0 assists for the resulting chase and ace on the enemy team, I'm not gonna turn around and call him useless. He did his part as best he could, and it won the fight for us, even though he didn't get any visible credit on the scoreboard for it.

Similarly someone with 50 kills and 0 deaths could be being useless to his team by not doing anything except swooping in to kill all the low health enemies after every fight and then going back to afk jungling instead of pushing.

edit - what's with all the downvotes exactly? You guys think that KDA is everything or something? :|