Thoughts on Nidalee (Lite guide, focusing mainly on items)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhatha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

If you're focusing on CDR, why not try a defensive mastery build and aim for a Deathfire Grasp sometime after Nashor's/heart and your chosen survivability item? Not only will it cap your CDR and add a bit of AP, it's another huge burst to complement your other abilities.. in this respect you'd be aiming to play more like Veigar and essentially kill someone in your initial burst, or maybe just give your team some help on the tanks.

Cpspindel

01-29-2010

Well, I've started to lean more towards AFKush's build together with the blue golem- but even if I didn't, I can't be arsed to press that microscopic little inventory button for it. I wish LoL had item hotkeys like HoN lol

He recommended flash and clarity, but I don't like clarity too much. I'd rather play smarter and get exhaust, or something else because it makes a lot of the kills before I get Rylai's a lot tougher.

Death: Could you link a video? His playstyle sounds incredibly weird and complicated- harassing with the traps how? They have a delay after being deployed and a very minor AoE... or does he simply put them in spots they have to cross but the creeps do not?

AFKray

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpspindel View Post
Well, I've started to lean more towards AFKush's build together with the blue golem- but even if I didn't, I can't be arsed to press that microscopic little inventory button for it. I wish LoL had item hotkeys like HoN lol

He recommended flash and clarity, but I don't like clarity too much. I'd rather play smarter and get exhaust, or something else because it makes a lot of the kills before I get Rylai's a lot tougher.

Death: Could you link a video? His playstyle sounds incredibly weird and complicated- harassing with the traps how? They have a delay after being deployed and a very minor AoE... or does he simply put them in spots they have to cross but the creeps do not?
It's probably using traps to restrict their overall lane movement. Creeps move in a specific lane every time so trapping around that restricts them to a smaller area of movement. This in turn, helps with landing a Javelin, as they will have less space to move around it. But the specific shenanigans that is being called into play seems to be when you place a trap behind someone, their typical first jerk reaction to an attack so the delay ticks and is able to hit them as they run. However, I could be wrong.

Cpspindel

01-29-2010

It's been going both up and down with this build. I don't feel clarity makes enough of a difference. Only once or twice have it been used well, and it doesn't feel quite enough. Without exhaust the kills I need earlygame to build the later items aren't there, and I lag behind in the itembuilding.

I don't know, I like Rylai but I never seem to be able to get there in time.

HotshotGG

01-29-2010

CDR is the most important stat on Nida. The reason I get FH is I like to towerdive and play more of a tank role. The aura on it is amazing and the CDR is nice. Tooth is okay but honestly, when your leaping/pouncing people you don't have time to auto attack.

Trinity force is nice if I don't need to play a tank role and there are blue buffs available on the map. 100% uptime with constant leap/pounces/spears etc.

Armor Pen seems to be the strongest build atm, with runes/quints/items.

AP is probably the weakest of the builds, you can definitely snowball pretty hard with it though.

If you don't stack some sort of resistances/armor vs GOOD teams, you will pay for it.

Edit- There is no set build that will guarantee results every time, you build based on your team and your opponents team.

JohnCataldo

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpspindel View Post
The hotkey for items is the number of the slot. The first item is 1, second is 2, etc. through 6.

Don't complain too much that something doesn't exist unless you looked for it first. =}

Manari

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotshotGG View Post
Armor Pen seems to be the strongest build atm, with runes/quints/items.
I'm curious why Armor Pen is a good way to go for runes on her when her couger abilities are all AP and thus targeting magic-resist. Or is she landing enough autoattacks (in both forms) where the difference made by armor pen is the biggest payoff you can get from runes?

HotshotGG

01-29-2010

Cougar form Q hits like a truck with armor pen. Out of form auto attacks are also very very strong, especially if you have a trap debuff on them. Abilities don't scale that well with AP either.

Manari

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotshotGG View Post
Cougar form Q hits like a truck with armor pen. Out of form auto attacks are also very very strong, especially if you have a trap debuff on them. Abilities don't scale that well with AP either.
Thanks!

dripskydrip

01-31-2010

*HUGE* kudos to AFKush for sharing such a great way to build Nidalee. From 50/50 winning ratio with her I went to almost 9/10 games won with the build mentioned by AFKush. It's great. Thanks.

AFKush: if you are still here, which I doubt; can you share your Nidalee rune page? I'm using standard one; armor pen, hp / level, magic res and when it goes for quints - health.

Cheers and thanks again, you made me having so much fun with Nida