Is the First Win of the Day indicator a good idea?

Yes, This is a good idea. 2,065 98.43%
No, This is not a good idea. 33 1.57%
Voters: 2098. You may not vote on this poll

[Suggestion] First Win of the Day Timer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BountyFreak

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by playshin View Post
+1

Gotta be careful with how you do it though. If it's too obvious people might not wanna play until the first win of the day bonus is on. Might be a problem for Riot?

Well. I understand your concern. But if riot was worried about that they never should have made first win of the day in the first place. I mean after all, isn't it there to encourage people to play one day after a win more than other times?

We need a timer though. I vote yes.

DJ Reeve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2011

Alright, 58 Votes, strong yes. Lets keep it up!

Everyone Vote!

Got suggestions? Lets hear them.

TheLordofBlades

03-13-2011

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. When you have about an hour and fifteen minutes, you've got time for maybe one five-versus-five. If it ends quick, all the better, but even if it's a 20 minute surrender you're still looking dicey on how much time you'd have for another without abandoning your team. I've won a lot of those games only to see that my win of the day will be available in ~5 minutes or less and I can't risk another game to get it. It is really quite a bother because then you're out of time to go and get it (if you win even!).

On the flip side, I recently learned that beating the AI will, in fact, give you your win of the day. Since the 150 IP bonus is not effected by IP/XP-penalties from map size or versus-ai, you can secure it pretty easily doing that without too much effort compared to normal or ranked.

Aside from that, I do agree though, win of the day indicator would be extremely nice. 150 IP a day is pretty important and I try to log on at least once a day to get it because there is quite a bit of stuff to buy with it (heroes, runepages, runes). I don't think Riot should entirely be worried about giving away when the win of the day is up either; if you think abut it in terms of "measuring when it is" they'd only be getting one more game out of people who are only finding out when it will be up anyway. Moreover, a 6300 hero takes 42 days (32 for a 4800, 21 for a 3150, etc.) of 150 IP bonuses to buy and Riot churns out a 6300 hero quite a bit more frequently than every 42 days. So no harm there.

Anyways, big thumbs up, definitely in support of this, it'd be greatly convenient and helpful.

DJ Reeve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordofBlades View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with this idea.

Moreover, a 6300 hero takes 42 days (32 for a 4800, 21 for a 3150, etc.) of 150 IP bonuses to buy and Riot churns out a 6300 hero quite a bit more frequently than every 42 days. So no harm there.

Anyways, big thumbs up, definitely in support of this, it'd be greatly convenient and helpful.
Awesome math, TheLordofBlades, over a month to buy a new champion, based on only first win of the day bonus ip. You could factor in the actual regular IP which would be around ~39-81 per match. But even then, its not that much, especially if you need to buy runes for that new champion. A good rune page cost about 20k? in addition to the champ 26k ip. And with new champs and new runes eventually comes new rune pages. Its a lot of ip, and all we're looking for is an indicator.

Remember to Vote everyone!

Avenger Summoner

03-15-2011

Bump & agree.

Ye Olde Macca

03-15-2011

Sounds like a good idea and not too hard to implement one would think.

chaolun

03-18-2011

yes please?

Hyrulefiend

03-19-2011

It could even be displayed in the notice box (upper left side of the GUI) because most of the time the only thing I see in that box are the 5 gray champion faces.

I would definitely love to see this be implemented at some point!

Snapple Punch

03-22-2011

+1 great idea, I would love to see this implemented!

The Penetrator2

03-24-2011

This sounds pretty solid, there were both pros and cons talked about, but it seems that the cons were all superficial, whereas the benefits would be a great convenience.

For the number of views and the number of votes, I'm surprised there's no "colored" posts like from an Emissary