Is the First Win of the Day indicator a good idea?

Yes, This is a good idea. 2,067 98.43%
No, This is not a good idea. 33 1.57%
Voters: 2100. You may not vote on this poll

[Suggestion] First Win of the Day Timer

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ Reeve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

So I know that there's a countdown timer AFTER just finishing a game up, but how about a timer or some sort of indicator OUTSIDE of the post-game statistics? Like at the home screen.

This indicator could be a like a green orb up in the corner by your IP and RP that is either on or off to indicate whether the first win of the day bonus is available.Something like the IP bonus indicator from having an "IP Boost"

Maybe it could be shown as another tile on the bottom near the chat boxes and notifications.

Or it could be integrated with the play button, where if the play button has a glowing aura it means you can get your first win of the day.

But what I'm really looking for is a easy to see indicator that shows you if the first win of the day bonus is available. If the first win of the day bonus is not available then the indicator will be "off" and when your mouse rolls over it or clicks on it it will indicate how much time is left before the first win of the day is available

If you have any related suggestions or more indicator suggestions please leave them below.

Edit:

Another idea-Have it appear in the notification box and when its available then it makes a sound, like when you get a notification.

Duce Bohogren

02-20-2011

I'm pretty sure that others have suggested this as well, but yeah. 100% behind you on this, man.

DJ Reeve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Remember to vote in the poll above!

Thanks

VonLego

02-21-2011

Please... found this thread googling how to figure out if it's ready or not.

Sorn Aran

02-22-2011

That's great ideia, we just need to wait it from RIOT.

AnDo425

02-23-2011

I like this idea.

Come on RIOT, shouldn't be that hard to implement!

DJ Reeve

02-24-2011

Well if we want RIOT to do anything we have to show them its gonna be received well. So we're gonna need more votes for yes, I doubt they'll implement it for just 15 people. I saw over 100 views, less than 20 votes, so come on and VOTE.

Attle

02-26-2011

20th vote woot

and +1 for needed and posting cause im 2 lazy 2 do it

Edit: wait a second some1 voted no now

playshin

02-26-2011

+1

Gotta be careful with how you do it though. If it's too obvious people might not wanna play until the first win of the day bonus is on. Might be a problem for Riot?

DJ Reeve

02-27-2011

playshin, I know exactly what you mean. But my counter example would be that, if people login to LOL, they're probably gonna play a game anyways. I mean how many times have you finished a game with a victory and see that it says "First Win of the Day Bonus Available" or have it read ~3-10 minutes before its available? Its not a big hassle, or anything, just a convenience. Even if there was like 25 min before the first win bonus was available, people could still start games because most games take longer than 25 minutes anyways.

Besides, what wrong with people only playing the 1st win of the day games? Some people are busy and only have time to get one game in, might as well make it the 1st win of the day game. As an actual problem of having less players online? That might be a minor issue, but RIOT doesn't make money for people being online, I don't think so anyways. They get money from the microtransactions when people buy RIOT points, which are used for buying skins, or champions. So if someone is going to buy a skin, they're not going to just going to play one game, they're going to want to show off that new skin.

1234511 ... 34