[Guide] Mageplank - A strange, but effective, build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morinav

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallantgreg View Post
I tested in a custom game that you really do get the spell vamp of whatever damage you see raise morale deal.

Also it does scale with AP but it doesn't make a huge difference.
Pictures attached show it scaling with AP.
Huh, I never noticed the AP scaling. Even better!

Dai Tensai

02-21-2011

Isn't spell vamp reduced for aoe spells? Meaning, you do 200 damage to 5 targets for 1k total, have 15% spell vamp, but get much less than 15% because it was aoe.

Morinav

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Tensai View Post
Isn't spell vamp reduced for aoe spells? Meaning, you do 200 damage to 5 targets for 1k total, have 15% spell vamp, but get much less than 15% because it was aoe.
Yes, it is reduced for AoE spells, meaning you don't vamp the full 15% of your ult's damage. Plus, the health you'll gain is rather slow since it's an AoE drawn over 8 seconds. It's not some insane amount of health that will keep you up in the middle of a fight while getting focused, but if you get jumped on it's often possible to Remove Scurvy, drop your ult, and run out of the melee before getting killed as the rest of your team goes in and engages the enemy. In those instances you can loiter outside the fight a bit and your ult will heal you a pretty decent amount of health.

ImCuddly

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post

Raise Morale deals magical damage. About 1000 at all ranks. This happens to work with spellvamp.
heheh

heh

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Cenerae

02-21-2011

I don't think a void staff is really worth it for this build. Even though you're stacking AP, your primary source of damage is still Parrrley, and the only thing that benefits from the staff's spell pen is the ult. Don't feel it's worth spending that much just to have your unpredictable ult hit a little bit harder.

Jelico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Tried this build, did not care for it really.

Morinav

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
I don't think a void staff is really worth it for this build. Even though you're stacking AP, your primary source of damage is still Parrrley, and the only thing that benefits from the staff's spell pen is the ult. Don't feel it's worth spending that much just to have your unpredictable ult hit a little bit harder.
Fair enough. It's mostly there to counter a team that's stacking tremendous magic resist, which rarely seems to happen anyway. Most people just grab a Banshee's or something if they want magic resist, usually not enough to warrant a Void Staff. I'm a big fan of Abyssal myself, but the debuff on it won't be available if you're ulting remotely.

I imagine you could build armor pen on it if you felt like it to make Parrrrrrlay hit harder.

Centennial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Ulti really effective could have easily gotten more kills if everyone attended the teamfights

Squishyness

Recruiter

03-09-2011

Before clicking on the build, I doubted it for a second. I actually thought it might be a troll build but I gave it a shot anyway. Let me tell you, this is actually brilliant. Lich bane basically adds a 1:1 AP ratio to Parrrrley on top of the AD scaling. Stacking AP instead of AD makes it possible to use the rest of your spells with a ton of viability late-game because of their AP scaling.

Just tried it, went 6/0/8 before they surrendered. Once again, clever build and very fun.

PimPimJim

03-09-2011

mageplank truely excels in premade 5v5's
I miss magic damage parley :<