Veigar nuke advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

So, I started to use Veigar as a Nuke, and i'm not doing great. I can cast all my spells, not including my ult on someone at lvl 10, and they can still live on with like 100-300 HP left. Idk if it's the build i'm using, or it's me.

So far i've been using this build, what do you think of it?

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/715

NightCloak

02-19-2011

If they live with 100-300 life, then its not a combo or build thats wrong, its gameplay.

You have to know about how much damage you're going to do before you cast your first spell. Then harass them into that range where your combo will kill them.

Essentially the best way to use burst casters is to tickle the enemy down to a burstable HP level but not too low they retreat or play super cautious.

Shiromatsu

02-19-2011

This ^ If your going to blow your full load onto someone you want to make sure they are low enough for it to kill or it's just wasted. It's the reason why I was bad with Veigar for a long time. Chip their HP down until you know your combo is going to kill them and try to count in their MR too with an approx number.

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Hm... No wonder lol, I always do my full combo with their HP like 70-100%.

Btw, here is my combo E,W,Q, and sometimes R.

Clyton

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceist View Post
Hm... No wonder lol, I always do my full combo with their HP like 70-100%.

Btw, here is my combo E,W,Q, and sometimes R.
Put in DFG. It's basically your core item along Deathcap. With that put in place, your combo becomes:

E - W - DFG - R - Q

Btw, you're targeting champs that have a decent amount of AP. His R is designed to take advantage of that and use it against them.

Aceist

02-19-2011

Btw, i'm only level 12, and I see people in my games have like 300 AP at like lvl 12 champs, how is that even possible? I checked their items, it doesn't add up. Also when I check their levels, their usally level 30.

Btw, why am I getting put with level 25+ when i'm only level 12?

biomorph

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiromatsu View Post
If your going to blow your full load onto someone you want to make sure they are low enough

biomorph

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceist View Post
Btw, i'm only level 12, and I see people in my games have like 300 AP at like lvl 12 champs
Read the description if his Q again
You want to exploit that feature as much as you can, especially early game.

Aceist

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
Read the description if his Q again
You want to exploit that feature as much as you can, especially early game.
Lol, you quoted me, and didn't answer the quote.

JoeCool808

02-20-2011

Depending on how farmed your Q is and how much AP the enemy caster has, you should be able to take them out with your DFG combo by about mid game.