[Guide]Mordekaiser the mettal psionicise (AP build)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

02-28-2011

Personally, I feel going straight AP is a mistake, as mitigation plays a huge role since it applies to your shield.

But hey, if it works, it works. Based on my experience, glass cannon AP builds don't work, but your mileage may vary.

ThereIsNoSpoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-28-2011

i wouldnt rush will of the ancients, though the revolver is a yes, early too. though i kinda like gunblade more, for that rediculous survivability

the tome would be interesting - you seem to like your cdr (its very easy to cap out) but i realize how good it is w/ morde.

rylais good. abyssal good. after that void staff is great fo more magic pen, but another item that you should consider would be lich bane - ive seen it work wonders on a many ap mordes

Šhingetsu

03-05-2011

Yeah I'm actually considering changing scepter to lich bane. The teasing I rush WotA is mostly as to forget about it. When you finished EVERYTHING, you can trade it for gun blade. But honestly gun blade just gives ad and ls more then WotA which doesn't help that much. The point of it is the damage/slow.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

I'd recommend a Deathfire Grasp over Morello's Evil Tomb. Yes, you lose out on 15 AP and 5% CDR, but you gain an extremely powerful active and it's only 300 gold more. It will really help you gib your ghost target as you've got two pretty decent %HP based spells.

IndomitusRex

03-06-2011

I've played my share of Mordekaiser, and I just can't agree with a build that completely forsakes survivability. Mordekaiser is not a proper tank, true, but he should be up front, and actually has to be to make use of his Q and W. Also, a bit of Armour and Magic Resist really extends the value of his Iron Man shield. A Void Staff (or Abyssal Scepter) and a Rylai's are great items on Morde, but I wouldn't build any more straight AP on him. Your opponents will eventually clue in that you're made of paper, and turn on you appropriately.

Šhingetsu

03-07-2011

@indomitusrex and others that keep asking how you survive
By your passive and your skills. In fact, with this build, hitting ONE person with a q or e makes your shield half full last level. Hitting two makes it full on e.
The point to this mass mp is that if any1 ever goes mr, you're screwed. Because your skills won't do much damage on them. And your shield won't do anything without armor at that point. The idea of the build is that each hit you make regenerates your shield extremely fast. So you have to make damage, and you have to make it fast. For fast damage the answer is cdr. For the damage itself - ap. To make sure NO ONE stands alive after you pass,mp. In fact I've done a few 3v1 encounters here + got focused. The result was almost invariably the same. Killed all 3, maybe one (example teemo or Janna) ran away. Because my shield absorbed the damage in it's ENTITY.

Redenbacher

03-07-2011

Well like I said before, if it works for you, go for it. However if you are going to be focusing on a pure AP build, at least incorporate AP items that build mitigation. You have Abyssal, but I think Zhonya's should be in there as well.

Rylai's is primarily important to keep them in range to deal as much damage as possible. Nothing is more frustrating than being kited, in my opinion. Rylai's, Abyssal, Zhonya's, Morello's actually seems like a fairly sound build on paper. DFG isn't a horrible plan either, seeing as how your ultimate can do around 40%, plus another 30% from DFG, that's a fast ghost if you ask me. IF you can get in range to do it Although neglecting health regeneration to cover the cost of your spells is a bad early game plan, hence why I favor Warden's Mail.