How Does Riot Make Money?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garen Is My Main

02-19-2011

Most everything being free, or obtainable by playing the game, I would assume that Riot doesn't make much money. However, if there wasn't a profit the game probably would have been shut down by now. Soo.... how do you guys make money on this game?

Eltrotraw

02-19-2011

Riot Points

DoctorRetarded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Some people give money to companies they want to see thrive even if they don't have to. I know, crazy, right?

SLB Exxel

02-19-2011

I support Riot, for the most part, so I shell out Riot points for a skin every now and then.

Saferwaters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
Riot Points
This.

Micro-transactions have proven to be an extremely successful business model for games i.e. Farmville.

Often players will spend more money on League of Legends than a normal game simply because they dedicate SOO much time to it. You figure, you play 10-20 hours a week (I see a bunch of people online for that much) over the course of a year, and it is worth money in people's eyes. The truth is that it is worth any amount of Riot Points you may shell out when compared to a single player game you played for 15 hours and never touched again.

Opachopp

02-19-2011

skins and packs i guess O.o

PickleChutney

02-19-2011

Riots speculative value is in the hundreds of millions.... They make a LOT more money than you think they do...

Glink

02-19-2011

Obviously teemo skins

Garen Is My Main

02-19-2011

I don't doubt they make money, to the people stating about they make more money than i think they do. I was just wondering how it was obtained. Riot points was the answer.