Stop adding champions and create a new map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jagex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

Imagine like.. 10v10 or 15v15 and the towers have like a metric ****ton of health

Psyentist

07-19-2011

i think a 3v3v3 capture the flag style map would be great.

Gherontius

07-20-2011

Devs forbid that I should mention such heresy here, but I've played a fair share of World of Warcraft PVP, and the true driving force there is variety. I appreciate the variety of character selection, play style, and build, but the the maps and game types have a lot of potential as well; potential that is so far untapped in LoL.

Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that more maps can solve everything, because inevitably with variety comes favoritism, and everyone would want to play two or three maps all the time even if there were 20 options. More than one option for each group composition or game type would be preferable though.

In my opinion, new maps should come with new game types, exploring objectives other than "smash the other guy, and smash his stuff too". Maybe something like King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, or some sort of resource stockpile where you capture mines or some other structure and gain points for holding it. The possibilities are endless, and settling for the first one that happens to work is senseless tunnel vision.

ProfessorTallguy

07-20-2011

Okay- So Riot doesn't want to waste time building a new map because they think it's too hard to balance one. How about this: Make some public map development tools and then let us build our own maps. MOBA was invented by players who got creative with map tools. Now let us get creative with LOL. I would Love to see some 2v2 maps with one lane, some 4v4 maps with 2 lanes, and some 6v6 maps with 3 lanes. Why do we always have to have a solo mid? Plus you know how many people want map made just for all mid all random. This threat gets posted on EVERY day. Why? Because players want more maps! If you don't want to make more official maps because you're so concerned over balance, then just let us make some maps. You won't have to worry about how Nasus is so OP on ProfessorTallguy's 2vs2 Bildgewater Map.

jojothekitty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2011

+1 for new map

Kamikazeee1337

07-21-2011

this will never happen

its simple... a new champ brings a lot off money cause a lot of idiots buy them for riot points because they hope the new champ is op

a new map or game mode brings no money and riot is way too greedy to give something for free.

so forget about it

DrTombo

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazeee1337 View Post
this will never happen

its simple... a new champ brings a lot off money cause a lot of idiots buy them for riot points because they hope the new champ is op

a new map or game mode brings no money and riot is way too greedy to give something for free.

so forget about it

Meh - I hear you to an extent. But like many have said, new champs only keep your interest for so long. New champs as normal (maybe a little slower) along with a few new maps, a new game type, and maybe some player capacity variations of existing maps would keep people interested. And if folks keep their interest, they'll still be buying those Corporate Mundo's and new champs.

2 Stroke MX

07-21-2011

i would love a team v team v team map

sentrons

07-21-2011

3 teams = the plays pick who to attack first

Polaaar Bear

07-21-2011

2v2 would be awesome. you could just grab a friend and play