Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Window7 cant enter match

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

02-19-2011

Update:
Issue had been resolved.

As per Riot's suggestion, I tried starting c://Riot Games>league of legends>game>league of legends.exe, and an error pops up that I was missing a file, d3dx9_39.dll
I have downloaded it from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_39
and unzipped it into c://windows/system and now the game runs fine.

-------------------------
I just got me window 7 on a samsung R423 laptop. I can't enter a match right now. I could get into pvp.net just fine, but once the game is supposed to start, nothing loads up.
I don't have a firewall or a virus scan yet, so I don't think that's a problem. Help?
--------edit------------
There is no error message at all for me.

Once I click start game, normally PvP.net would disappear, and "League of Legends" splash will pop up in the middle of the screen, while a small "Riot" logo pops up at the tray icon.

In this case, there is no splash screen, and all I see is the PvP.net window turning black. The Riot logo appears at the tray icon, and when I click it, the tray icon disappear, and the black PvP.net screen will show the "reconnect" screen. If I click it, it goes black again.

Once again, no error reported, and firewall didn't say it was blocking anything.

Purplz

02-19-2011

Do you get the an error message box that prompts you to retry or cancel?

Magics

Recruiter

02-19-2011

I also have a WIndows 7 and when I try to enter the game client, I get the message that says Maestro cannot connect.Even if you turn off all firewalls, i cant play the game and have yet to since i got the account

DoransTroll

02-19-2011

There is no error message at all for me.

Once I click start game, normally PvP.net would disappear, and "League of Legends" splash will pop up in the middle of the screen, while a small "Riot" logo pops up at the tray icon.

In this case, there is no splash screen, and all I see is the PvP.net window turning black. The Riot logo appears at the tray icon, and when I click it, the tray icon disappear, and the black PvP.net screen will show the "reconnect" screen. If I click it, it goes black again.

Once again, no error reported, and firewall didn't say it was blocking anything.

L00kAtMe

02-19-2011

it happens the same to me

Drizz

Recruiter

02-19-2011

same here.. just started a rank match and i cant get in... wtf

DoransTroll

02-19-2011

Are you using window 7 as well, L00kAtMe?

Drizz

Recruiter

02-19-2011

im using windows 7 enterprise

DoransTroll

02-19-2011

Hmm..I'm even using Ultimate, and there is problem.
I also see lots of problems with window7 users around here. Does the program not support it?
Anyone using win7 and is able to play?

Drizz

Recruiter

02-19-2011

no red response, awesome