Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top 10 Best CC in the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artemis66X

02-19-2011

Only good if you are dominating a fight? makes no sense.

Wither is like exhaust in that is basically shuts down the enemy ad carry. it can quickly turn a fight around and has a very short cooldown.

i think that basically my main problem with this list is that rupture should not be at the top. it's delay is simply too long for it to be the BEST cc. Janna's knockup is better because it is undodgeable point blank and can be delayed for more damage and range

if anything sion's stun should be at the top because it can be reduced to i believe a 4 or 5 sec cooldown.

Also, fiddle's fear needs to be on that list somewhere. ridiculous duration and no travel time is too much to overlook.

Calvin94

02-19-2011

Garbage picks really. Everything under 4 should be deleted. My top picks would be, other than the ones listed already...

-Trundle's Pillar of Filth. Can block passageways and severely reduces movement speed. It also has a far casting range.

-Gangplank's Cannon Barrage. This has a huge AoE, able to cover, width wise, an entire lane. It can be used against champions that like to push lanes while your team is pushing another lane. It has great potential early game and can get multi-kills. It slows extremely well and the slow from the ultimate sets up other abilities as well as setting up for more Cannon hits.

-Galio's Idol of Durand. This can't even be compared with other taunts. When Galio speeds himself into the teamfight/gank, he can use Idol of Durand and easily keep enemies locked in place. He takes reduced damage and at the end of the taunt, all enemies take extreme damage. Early game, this can get him multi-kills as well as instakill squishies.

Reasons why the bottom 5 are bad picks...

-Cryptic Gaze. It's alright, but the stun isn't "Really long." Unless it's endgame, Sion probably will not have tons of mana to sustain his casting. It's an alright pick, but not the best choice.

-Pyromania, the stun isn't that long. And depending on the situation, Annie can easily be killed despite her stun. The stun is also very unreliable, and you have to constantly set yourself up for 5 casts.

-Mark of the Storm. Can this even be considered CC?

-CH-1 Concussion Grenade. This is a terrible skill. It's almost impossible to get hit by it unless you are lagging. Even in team fights, Heimer will be able to get possibly one off before he's killed or forced to retreat. The stun, even if you do get hit, is hardly anything to worry about.

-Aegis of Zeonia. Not good CC. It's a good initiator and chasing skill, but it's not good CC.

-Null Sphere. It's a single cast Silence. And the silence is like a second long. Cho'Gath's easily overshadows Kassadin's.

CosMoe

02-19-2011

Cryptic Gaze:

- very low cooldown (12/11/10/9/8 seconds),
- very long Stun even at level 1 (2 seconds),
- relatively cheap (100 mana),
- high base damage (70/125/180/240/300)
- high 1:1 AP ratio (on a Champ that scales very nicely with AP).

Its only downside is its relatively low range (550).

Elspeth Tirel

02-19-2011

Why isn't Alistar on this list again?

His knock-up is AOE, stuns, and then sets him up for his knock-away..which can effectively be used to completely take someone out of a fight -upon- initiation. A good Alistar will ensure that every fight is 4 on 5 after he runs into the middle (or flashes, for added pizzaz) of the enemy team.

Did I mention that because Alistar takes so -****- long to kill with the right build, that he could do this multiple times? Flash in, punt the carry towards your team, he/she/it gets wtfpwnd, and you proceed to win, and if the fight takes long enough (which generally they don't with the current meta) then you can do this again. It's garunteed (I can't spell that word, sorry) that every fight, as I stated above, will be 4 on 5 with a good Alistar on your team.

Now I'm not saying that he's as good as like..Chogath's Rupture or Fiddlesticks' fear (which should also be on the list and pretty high up), and certainly not Amumu's "LOLGG" ultimate. But he's much better than like..Annie, or even Sion, to be honest. Sion's doesn't take someone out of the fight and away from their teammates as well as Alistar's does..that, and there's still the problem of -getting- to the stunned target, where as Alistar's just like, "Here, have a body."

Anyway, just some things to think about. And yes, I believe Fiddlesticks' Fear should be on that list too, but, not as strongly as Alistar's, so, I won't bother making a huge post about it explaining just how good it is. People seem to have that under control anyway.

Artemis66X

02-19-2011

gah, can't believe i left out pillar of filth when i Trundle in the jungle. it should definitely be in there

And gangplank's cannon barrage IS huge, but it is also completely random. Sure, it USUALLY hits at least once when a person is in it for 3 secs, but it is only a slow, and it might not happen.
i love my gangplank but he does not belong on this list

and yes, kassadin's silence is very short

Lulwy

02-19-2011

I'm gonna go with Power Fist.

Whoever's getting hit with that every 3 seconds isn't going anywhere fast.

Xervous

02-19-2011

cryptic gaze is certainly better than you have listed.

a 2 second stun for one point, with such a **** short CD

gom99

02-20-2011

1. Crystallize (Anivia's Wall)
2. Cryptic Gaze (Sion stun)
3. Dazzle (Taric Stun)
4. Nether Grasp (Malzahar Ult)
5. Infinite Duress (Warwick Ult)
6. Event Horizon (Veigar Stun)
7. Puncturing Taunt (Rammus Taunt)
8. Shadow Dash (Shen Taunt)
9. Terrify (Fiddle Fear)
10. Wall of Pain (Karthus Slow Wall)

OptimisticC

02-20-2011

I really like TF's Pick a card ability, given that it has both a stun and slow with a very short cooldown.

Corsican Giant

02-20-2011

Quote:
gom99:
1. Crystallize (Anivia's Wall)
2. Cryptic Gaze (Sion stun)
3. Dazzle (Taric Stun)
4. Nether Grasp (Malzahar Ult)
5. Infinite Duress (Warwick Ult)
6. Event Horizon (Veigar Stun)
7. Puncturing Taunt (Rammus Taunt)
8. Shadow Dash (Shen Taunt)
9. Terrify (Fiddle Fear)
10. Wall of Pain (Karthus Slow Wall)

Any list that doesn't include Amumu's Curse of the Sad Mummy is just flawed.