Toxic Mundo Skin Goes 50% Off This Weekend

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimjack

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkVizard View Post
What is up with this sale thing? Is riot gonna sale every single skin? Seriously i wanna know why Riot is doing this.

The same reason every business puts things on sale. It gets people to buy.

Its better to sell 2 items cheaper than to not sell one full price item at all, In addition, people that are enticed to buy are more inclined to pick up an additional item as well.

Ask you local wall mart or mcdonalds why they put items up for sale =P

LiquidSoul

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
The same reason every business puts things on sale. It gets people to buy.

Its better to sell 2 items cheaper than to not sell one full price item at all, In addition, people that are enticed to buy are more inclined to pick up an additional item as well.

Ask you local wall mart or mcdonalds why they put items up for sale =P
Not to mention, they aren't losing ANYTHING by putting it on sale lol. They can set it to what ever price they like.

Light Yagamii

01-27-2010

Gotta love these new sales.....1380 rp can get me like 5 skins now

Lawful Cupcake

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSoul View Post
Not to mention, they aren't losing ANYTHING by putting it on sale lol. They can set it to what ever price they like.
Exactly. You still have to pay the 5 bucks (at least) for the RP anyway. It works great for Riot, plus, I personally hadn't seen many skins at all until they put them on sale. I actually saw Sasquatch Nunu the other day, and it made my heart content.

This also works out great for them because some people are willing to buy the Champion that they wanted so they can get the awesome skin they wanted at a STEAL! Riot's very smart about how the average buyer's think. That's why they bundle some champs with some skins for short periods of time, such as Snow Bunny Nid and Phantom Karthus. I purchased these both simply because I wanted to get the champ, and I prefer the alt skins to the Classics. I don't know what it is, but so far, I've only seen one other person with Nid's alt art, and her stripper dance doesn't look as good in "Jane of the Jungle" attire.

I hope you enjoyed my rant about this. Didn't expect my post to be this long. but whatevs.
<3 you, Riot

liliC

01-27-2010

Dude, in the store, the skin is still 520RP, i dont see any discounts.

Luckly i checked careful before actually paying any RP. Almost got ripped off.

Demolishor

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliC View Post

I almost did the same thing. The deal starts this weekend which seems to be Friday-Saturday.

Romdeau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

For the people who didn't read the title or the first post, wait until this weekend before you buy the skin.

Yatteri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-27-2010

Awwww, I already bought Toxic Mundo = (

Emp Santa

01-28-2010

cheaper hulk... ftw !

Corvus Corax

01-28-2010

Thanks for the information, nice to know before-hand. So ppl can grind for IP to buy Mundo. (I already the IP to buy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliC View Post

It says Weekend, just be patient -_-