New Free Champions (Week 10)

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KlRA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
That was just for you! Actually - you caught us mid-rotation. It's no longer "that way."

- RiotChris
Oh alright thanks for that clarification.

Motas

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina View Post
I think I can help riot out by pointing out why they deem them support over Mage per-say. First of all, almost all the champions can be played a variety of ways, so its hard to really pick just one aspect of them that they want to label them as, but they tend to label things based on what they consider is the champion's most outstanding role.

Why is Heimer a Support?
-His passive increases the health regeneration of nearby units, and thus provides additional duration of champions in lanes and fights
-His grenade not only blinds, but also stuns the center target if hit by it, in turn you are disabling the enemy team to give your team a better chance at fighting with them
-His turrets are not necessarily a defensive measure, but they are sure as hell a good boost to your lane tower defenses, thus providing a safe place for your team to fight and providing a defensive 'line'
-His ultimate makes him a little more of a support, not saying its purely for support, but by upgrading to armor reducing turrets, your making your opponents weaker for your teammates to take out

His rockets are his only outstanding (as in the ability that stands out, not the best) dps ability

Why is Morgana a Support?

-Her skill shot disable disables an opponent to make it easier for your team to take them out, it doesn't do as much damage directly as it does in just making it impossible for the target champion to not move as your allies beat down on him
-Her Spell shield (no need to describe it)
-Her Ultimate, why does a significant amount of damage, is much more usefully seen as a aoe stun, which when your stunning your enemies, your making it easier for your allies to hurt them

Her aoe decay ability is her only really outstanding damage ability, but it is also in theory a support ability, since it weakens all the opponents for your allies
I can kind of see where you're going, but none of these champions are "pure" support material. Meaning, you build to the 40% CD cap and they can save and help their team left and right. This is what I mean by support, not fire support (like artillery). I'm talking heroes whose moves are buff/debuff and others whose only purpose is to support the ally team through increases in stats and decreases in enemy stats etc.

i see Morgana more as a Mage than a support, same goes with Heimer. Last time I checked, Soraka can't hit you with a rocket dealing 1k+ damage. Same with Morgana.
I liked your opinion tho its not what I'm looking for
-Motas

McComb

01-27-2010

Will Pantheons be available week 11 in the store?

interwebhobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

Blitz and Heimer being back into the rotation so quickly makes me hate life.

Cooldude1234

01-27-2010

When will Sion be free again? I thought this week for sure he would be?!

shadowslice

01-27-2010

yay TF

darkapples

01-27-2010

Well shame on me for thinking we'd get a patch today. Also, shame on me for expecting Pantheon to be released before Gragas when he was announced a few days before him. But, I'm enjoying the relatively easy week. Gewd jorb Riot, no more free Twitch!

selenvar

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
Since when have Heimer and Morgana been support?
There are only 3 supports (Taric, Sorka, Zilean)
until you guys decide to make more...
don't forget janna...

also, heimer is crazy defence for a team unless you have nasus or anivia on the other team..

blanknaem

01-27-2010

Old news, week 11 already posted here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=49771&page=11

DrFromGallifrey

01-27-2010

Shaco is finally going to be free! I guess I'll wait and save up for the week; I'll probably have 4,000 ~ 5,000 by next week.

1234567 ... 11