Fix the stupid firewall error, seriously.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uberphailure

Senior Member

02-17-2011

I have posted this in both the bug report forum and the help&support.

There is no excuse for this to happen. It's happening to a lot of people, and the cause seems to be, obviously, the patch.

First, it would crash at random patching intervals and open infinitely spawning internet explorer windows. Someone found a way around it by switching code around to fix ANOTHER RIOT PATCHER ISSUE and then it wont let you join any games. This happens.

I'm considering HoN as I hear they have their own standalone client.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Despair

Senior Member

02-17-2011

Riot fails, that is all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onasi

Member

02-17-2011

Its been almost 6 hours since I first tried to play a game of LoL and got the firewall error. I was able to play just fine yesterday, then I downloaded the patch earlier today and now I cant play at all. I would have thought 6 hours would be enough time for Riot to give us some information on the situation, but apparently not.

And, yes, I do have the right ports open and I tried disabling my firewall. This did not fix a thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiechiro

Senior Member

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onasi View Post
Its been almost 6 hours since I first tried to play a game of LoL and got the firewall error. I was able to play just fine yesterday, then I downloaded the patch earlier today and now I cant play at all. I would have thought 6 hours would be enough time for Riot to give us some information on the situation, but apparently not.

And, yes, I do have the right ports open and I tried disabling my firewall. This did not fix a thing.
:3 just so ya know ,It's been like this for over a day


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uberphailure

Senior Member

02-17-2011

There is a fix, it works!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwistedtwitchx View Post
i think i got a fix for you bro jus follow: Go to this download link download it and make a backup of your game folder then replace it with the one you downloaded although it only have lol.exe in it jus replace it when you open the game it will put back the files in i jus did it and it worked http://www.mediafire.com/?t859y45t533q854
I STILL WANT MY FREAKING 3 LEAVES COMPENSATED.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onasi

Member

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiechiro View Post
:3 just so ya know ,It's been like this for over a day
Even worse then! Come on Riot, at least let us know youre looking into this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulgr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-17-2011

Just started getting this error message since last patch... 2 days now and i still cannot join a game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RI?T

Junior Member

02-17-2011

Look all you need to do is shut off your firewall, Your firewall does NOTHING to help your computer or stop anything, its a useless tool. Shut it off! And the crashing is most likely because of your firewall...What kind of noob has there firewall on...P.S: HoN sucks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoMasta

Junior Member

02-17-2011

COME ON ROIT I have gotten 5 leaves because of PATCH ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i will quit this time, waste of my time....................


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onasi

Member

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI?T View Post
Look all you need to do is shut off your firewall, Your firewall does NOTHING to help your computer or stop anything, its a useless tool. Shut it off! And the crashing is most likely because of your firewall...What kind of noob has there firewall on...P.S: HoN sucks!
You really should read the comments before posting in a thread.


123