Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Anivia How-to: Getting a perfect KDA whilst being a teamplayer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XGDragon

Recruiter

06-11-2010

Quote:
JonnyThinkChamp:
All your credibility is lost by your 7 game defeat string with Anivia. So much for being a teamplayer. You gain a little by having a nice W:L ratio.

Hey guys,

I have not played LoL in aaaages, but still get subscription emails on replies to this thread. It's awesome that I helped a lot of players, I'd say on writing the guide, time well spent!

Concerning the above poster, how shortsighted of you. I'll have you know I let a friend of mine play, and advised him to play a few games of Anivia but did pretty bad nonetheless.

Anyways! Was wondering how much has changed, is this guide still usable or have the new items completely undermined my old itemlists? I suppose the way skills should be used still applies.

PS: I've used the AP tome at the start a few times, works quite well!

Ixalmaris

06-12-2010

Quote:
XGDragon:
Hey guys,

I have not played LoL in aaaages, but still get subscription emails on replies to this thread. It's awesome that I helped a lot of players, I'd say on writing the guide, time well spent!

Concerning the above poster, how shortsighted of you. I'll have you know I let a friend of mine play, and advised him to play a few games of Anivia but did pretty bad nonetheless.

Anyways! Was wondering how much has changed, is this guide still usable or have the new items completely undermined my old itemlists? I suppose the way skills should be used still applies.

Not really. Anivia wasn't changed much. Newest "buff" was that Ghost doesn't bypass the wall anymore.

The hexotech revolver and gunblade doesn't really do much for Anivia (or any other caster) as Spell Vamp is imo rather uesless.
Getting Zhonyas is slightly more cost effective because of the large rod instead of two wands.

But those are minor things, the guide is still valid.

Mr Geppetto

06-12-2010

Good ****. Thanks for helping me out with my Crystallizes; I suck at those. +1

Stay with your team, get 2 hits out of Flash Frost--the first 2 commandments in the Anivia players' Bible.

EDIT: @above: I get spell vamp on Nunu because it procs on Consume's 1k damage and it's pretty ridiculous on his ult. I've been considering it on Cho, but haven't tried it yet. Other than that it's a crappy stat.

ShogoXT

06-12-2010

I leveled from 2-30 almost exclusively playing anivia since it was free the first week I played. I used to just build mejais and such, but my buddy was a ryze so he would always get killing blows and in team premades I would become a major target to get splat fast.

Recently I changed my build to no longer have mejais and be able to take more hits.

Right now I take:
2x Rod of the Ages (gives ton of mana and other stats if you get them first along with boots)
Spell pen boots
(Rarely a 3rd rod if im being targeted still and no tank at all , otherwise just 2)
Archangels staff
Void staff or Abyssal Scepter (mostly abyssal if enemy team has ap and not a TON of MR)
Zhonyas ring last.

Thats my build now while taking mid most of the time. I find Im able to hold my own in mid better than most and it generates gold better than my old gank quick in the other lanes style.

Anyone play similar? I end up with over 600-700 AP not having to rely on mejais.

ShogoXT

06-12-2010

Also i hardly ever vs another anivia, but when I do, i dont think ive ever lost to them.

Use clarity and ghost so I dont have to get boots early.

MBirk

06-12-2010

Quote:
XGDragon:
Hey guys,

Like the other guy said.
For the most part no, shes the same.
Not sure exactly what was what, when this was first posted.
But, glacial storm had its cost reduced a bit a few patchs ago.
Some minor tweaks to FF.
Was the speed buff in for this guide? She's matched at slowest, no longer the total slowest in the game.

Ap boost to towers a while back.

Recent item changes. Mejais was nerfed a tad. Not enough to changes its value to anivia.
I'm not sure I would agree that the spell vamp items arent good for anivia. Will of the ancients is pretty sweet.
Zhonyas was redone a bit too.

RedBones

06-13-2010

I play anivia, and I got a nice Build. Everyone qq's about it, why you get that and not that, but thats mostly because they dont understand it,

Nowadays, being a good Anivia Player, its like 100% sure that the enemy Team at begin of mid game will focus on you first, as with anivias spells you can easely turn a battle to your teams favour. If you got a bad team, that wont help you, then I'd suggest to take Guard Angel.

My item build is the following(also what I get first etc.)

Void Staff
Boots of Mobility
Archangel Staff
Zhonyas Ring(or Guard Angel)
Zhonyas Ring
Zhonyas Ring

Runes i go full MP/lvl and MP regen/5, Masteries also all on MP. Spells are Flash and Clarity.

The skills I go first Q,E,Q,E,E,R,E,E

So yeah, anivia pwns.

Falkrix

07-09-2010

Used some of your play tips in this guide (always work with a partner etc.) and went from playing an alright Anivia to going 6/0/7 in a solid win. It might not be record breaking, but it certaintly beats those instances of FF I was running into before. I'm still pretty new, but it looks like I will be sticking with slowbird of doom, I far prefer her to any of the other champs I have tried so far.

+1

chaosbeowulf

07-09-2010

Tried Annivia last week during the free champion week, man, she ROCKS! As for items....

- Sapphire Crystal as first item, with 2 Health pots --> More mana for Q spammage.

- Angel's Tear and Boots of Speed first time back (about 900 gold or so) --> Start accumulating mana for Archangel's Staff

- Merc Threads

- Catalyst the Protector --> Rod of Ages first, instead of Archangel, since Rod of Ages mana and health gain is accumulative with every minute we play the game, better to earn it early, no?

- Archangel's Staff --> by this time, you should be at about 200 AP.

- Lich's Bane: more mana for more AP from Archangel's Staff, +80 AP, 7% movespeed, what's not to like? AP boost and to complement Annivia's slow movespeed.

- Zhonya's Ring: No further explanation needed.

- Item of your preference. Void Staff if they got high magic resist (MR), or Abyssal Scepter if they're nuke heavy, and you want to give your Annivia a little bit more MR.

Note: Most of the time, people almost NEVER had MR on their champ, except for tanks and MR gained from Merc Threads. This means that their MR will vary between about 30-40 (no MR items) to about 55-65 (From Merc Threads). Void Staff, 40% MR reduction, would be kinda useless ( 40% of 70 MR = 28 MR removed) compared to Abyssal Scepter (20 MR reduction, +57 MR).

Runes: AP red, mp5 yellow, blue cdr/lvl, and since I'm only lvl 28, I got 2 cdr/lvl quint. Total CDR @lvl 18: 11.84%, not counting the CDR from masteries. With Masteries, add in another 6% from Utilities, and 3% from Attack, which totalled to about 20.84% CDR @ lvl 18.

Lvl 18 Annivia Stats with this build:

2170 HP, 3686 MP, 645 AP, 82.5 armor (standard), 142 MR. With 645 AP, Frostbite will hit @ about 1k dmg, more or less.

Auke

08-25-2010

Boots is a terrible idea, no AP = gg, that's why you get flash as a summoner spell !