Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Anivia How-to: Getting a perfect KDA whilst being a teamplayer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ntr0py

03-02-2010

Quote:
nohealzforu:
I have recently changed my item build from what these strategies say to my own, that pretty much rapes... dorans ring is fail waste of money early so i start the game with 1 health pot and a 20 AP tomb... In the last 15+ games ive played with this style I have gotten an early kill which lets me very quickly recall back and pick up soulstealer and boots at the same time( upgraded to sorc boots next ).

once you get your sorc boots around lvl 6 you will dominate almost any lane whether it be solo mid or top/bot. I'm not giving away my KEY item that I rush next... my only hint is I have not seen it in this forum..

but then my next item is lich bane for the 500 damage last hits when they are running away... very nice

then zhonyas ring and im pushin 662 AP MELTING FACES

the key I noticed from this build and the build ALLLLLLLLL strategies say is that the strategy guids have more of a mana/AP build and I just couldnt quite finish my kills... when I changed my build to pretty much an ONLY AP build... then yes I had less mana but I melt faces in no time. just be conservative with your mana till the time comes to unleash... under no means do I stop harrassing though and clarity is your next best friend

if the game is really still going by here then i farm an innervating locket for great health regen/mana regen to you and your teammates while spamming your abilities

with this build on an I AVERAGE an 6:1 KD ratio

for the early game play... dont even use a flash frost till lvl 3... this gets the opposing team thinking your a bad player... but really you are just waiting for rank 3 frostbite and having 29 AP already. try only hitting last hits on minions and letting them push up to the tower somewhat so you can then get some really great frosbite's in. If I dont have a kill by lvl 6 then something is wrong.

my gamer tag is "Nohealzforu" if you ever want to experience the OPness of the pheonix hit me up.

Doran's Ring is a great item. I can't say if it's that good on the bird but it is on many casters. On Nunu double Doran's is huge for instance. (+240 life +10mp/5s = +120/min, 20 ap for 870g, you can have this at lvl 3-4)

There are some things you have to know about Clarity. Clarity is a spell for early harassment. It's totaly worthless in late game. The best setup is mastery/2 harassers in one lane. Clarity on Zilean is very nice for example. He can totaly dominate with his bombs and has twice the laning time with Clarity.

About your secret item... SHEEN, which is rather obvious if you go for Lich Bane. Sheen is good for champs that have many spamable low CD spells... such as for example... Nidalee. You go Spell->Attack->Spell->Attack. There is however a 3s cooldown which limits this somewhat.

Innervating Locket is an item you have to get early. Late game the 200 health heal you get off this just won't cut it.

RHINO Mk II

03-02-2010

Quote:
ntr0py:
Doran's Ring is a great item. I can't say if it's that good on the bird but it is on many casters. On Nunu double Doran's is huge for instance. (+240 life +10mp/5s = +120/min, 20 ap for 870g, you can have this at lvl 3-4)

There are some things you have to know about Clarity. Clarity is a spell for early harassment. It's totaly worthless in late game. The best setup is mastery/2 harassers in one lane. Clarity on Zilean is very nice for example. He can totaly dominate with his bombs and has twice the laning time with Clarity.

About your secret item... SHEEN, which is rather obvious if you go for Lich Bane. Sheen is good for champs that have many spamable low CD spells... such as for example... Nidalee. You go Spell->Attack->Spell->Attack. There is however a 3s cooldown which limits this somewhat.

Innervating Locket is an item you have to get early. Late game the 200 health heal you get off this just won't cut it.

No. 2 doran's rings is not the best way you could spend 870 gold. Start off with a crystal, and make it into catalyst for a total of 1325 gold. You should be levelling up every 2 minutes or so at this point, meaning 290 life (50 more) 325 extra mana (325 more , much better than a meager 20 AP. You can get 20 AP from runes, can you get 325 mana from em? I didn't think so.) And 290 health and 325 mana every 2 minutes. That's 145 more health and 37 mana per minute over your double doran's ring. Oh, and the real kicker is that you can actually build it into something instead of having wasted slots.

nohealzforu

03-04-2010

Quote:
ntr0py:

umm no sheen is just part of lich bane... my "secret item" is a full item in the AP item column. The reason why I go innervating locket is for end game team fights it does a great job keeping nukers healed up while i spam my spells... it keeps everyone's mana/health for the most part topped off. I dont think you realize how much improved clarity helps the team out... instead of lets say an OOM eve with full health needs to recall back just because of mana... when all i do is run by and throw em a clarity and we can keep pushing no problem... goes for ALMOST ALL heroes.

nohealzforu

03-04-2010

and ALSO ntrOpy as you say dorans ring may be a "great item" but you go on to say that you dont know about anivia... and that is kind of what this thread is about. So please move to the nunu forum and talk about dorans ring. trust me when I say that whenever I play against an anivia with dorans ring i just laugh at them because I already know they are going to do bad..... just from my experience playing with others who try to play with her

Chompasaurus Rex

03-06-2010

Excellent guide. I'm still trying to get the hang of Crystallize. It was a dumb move playing so many games without ever putting any points into it! Being a long-time PvEer... I figured it was a waste of mana. I see it's grand now.

*floats off to enjoy Articuno some more*

SnetteL

05-13-2010

Hi,

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=763921&do=newreply&noquote=1&p=763921

i read it, and i wept a little (being an anivia fan too)

flash = essential
dash = no more double damage

what do you think about it?

JonnyThinkChamp

05-13-2010

All your credibility is lost by your 7 game defeat string with Anivia. So much for being a teamplayer. You gain a little by having a nice W:L ratio.

Whoops8

05-18-2010

Quote:
JonnyThinkChamp:
All your credibility is lost by your 7 game defeat string with Anivia. So much for being a teamplayer. You gain a little by having a nice W:L ratio.

That's as ignorant as saying the top player in the ELO bracket is actually horrid because he lost one or two matches due to trying soloqueue.

Anyways, thanks for the guide dragon, I've just read all of the guides available in the directory, and this one proved to be the best in my eyes, especially with the conversation going on in the thread to provide points and counterpoints.

That being said, what about the possibilty of a +AP book to start with, to emphasize your damage, while easily building into a soulstealer if it goes well? The thought just came to mind and I was wondering if anyone could prove a view of it.

brokenglasses123

06-10-2010

I agree with getting boots first. The extra speed early game helps a lot with dodging and flowing up your flash frost with a frostbite. A lot of the time Anivia takes mid, where you find champions with skill shots that can be dodged. Also, helps with going in auto attacking and getting out.

MBirk

06-10-2010

Old guide at this point.

Anivia herself hasn't had many changes. Mana cost to ult I think was changed after this guide was made.
And many changes to other champs as well as new items, and item rebalances.

I would take anything said with a grain a salt, and i know I won't stand by anything I personally said earlier anymore.