Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Anivia How-to: Getting a perfect KDA whilst being a teamplayer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XGDragon

Recruiter

02-01-2010

Quote:
Fallen 62:
I'm looking at buying Anivia, and I saw this guide on leaguecraft. I'm looking forward to trying this guide Ganna try it on the TR tonight and decide from there whether I want to buy her or not Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Wait a few days for next week's champion to rotate. Anivia will be free.. probably on Wednesday. You'll have a whole week!

MBirk:

I still feel getting Mejai > Zhonya's (followed by Void Staff) is still better than Archangel, because your making your Clarity even more useless than it already is at endgame, and I feel Zhonya's 500 mana increase is enough mana, especially with clarity.

Getting the t1 boots first, and Sorc boots after Rod of Ages is understandable, though I prefer t2 as fast as possible, it's a fine choice that I believe simply lies in taste or playstyle. If 3+ champions have 100+ magic resist after getting Mejai's, then it's a good idea to get Void Staff. Otherwise Zhonya's is still the better choice I feel. Your not built to destroy towers, so why would you make meager attempts when others have they're whole itembuild based on pushing/physical damage?

Klouth:

Interesting take on the quintessences, I will look into that. I love Glacial Storm to defend towers with, too.

LongMiao:

Quote:
Anivia doesn't really need Clarity at all unless you're going to be mostly a supportive fighter/ganker/burst DPS-er.
This is exactly what I'm aiming to be. Burst DPS, supportive.
I don't believe slapping down a rank 1 Crystallize will do much good to your damage per mana output. Crystallize for an extra tick on Glacial Storm? I don't think that's a good deal.

Draykeh:

My guide is for players that wish to kill things with Anivia. I could believe Anivia to be a fair tank with average damage output, but this is not at all the playstyle I wish to impede upon my guide readers.

Taconight:

I've been told Rylai doesn't stack with your chill effects. As for getting defensive items, I still feel stopping power wins over resistances and whatnot. Getting them to 1/3 health even at endgame really makes them think twice on they're assault.

Also, no offense taken, it's just a cute discussion

LongMiao

02-01-2010

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm aiming to be. Burst DPS, supportive.
I don't believe slapping down a rank 1 Crystallize will do much good to your damage per mana output. Crystallize for an extra tick on Glacial Storm? I don't think that's a good deal.

That's where you're mistaken. It's not just about an extra tick of Glacial Storm. It can almost mean an extra 1 - 2 autoattacks on top of it after your Frostbite. Not to mention the forced pathing almost always makes enemy movement very predictable making Flash Frosting them much more easier.

Don't underestimate an Ice Wall even at LvL1. Use it well , and it can make all the difference.

taconight

02-01-2010

just wanted to let you know that even though i have some variations as from learning anivia your guide really helped me alot.

i have been building - dorans+hp ->> sorc boots ->> mejai ->> roa ->> void

my rune page is magic pen red, magic pen quints , ap blue, health yellow (changing it when i get more ip)

almost identical masteries to you, and pretty much same skill build although i take crystallize at level 3, because i usually solo mid.

here is my last game.

XGDragon

Recruiter

02-02-2010

LongMiao:

I'll try it in my next game (server down!) and see what comes out the other end.

taconight

That's great! What exactly helped you the most about my guide?

Also,

Quote:
Increased the bonus damage to structures from AP to 40% from 25%

More reason to get Zhonya's! Hehe.

Fallen 62

02-02-2010

Quote:
XGDragon:
Wait a few days for next week's champion to rotate. Anivia will be free.. probably on Wednesday. You'll have a whole week!

Thanks! I never look at the champ rotations, as I have most of the champs that I want to play :P Though I did play on the TR last night and had a good time with her Though I may have to buy Pantheon and work back up to the IP for her :P

taconight

02-02-2010

the laning, teamwork strats at the bottom of the guide and the skill description is what i read. That is what helped grasp her fast.

XGDragon

Recruiter

02-04-2010

Finally got a 3/1 killdeath ratio, I accumulated a lot of deaths when I started playing. My recent matches as of now truly show what you can do with my playstyle (aka, my guide).

CaptKillsteaI

Recruiter

02-04-2010

I agree its not a bad guide, but I play a little different with anivia and get amazing results:

I personally like to use health crystal -> catalyst -> boots -> tear ->RoA ->Archangels and branch out if the game is still going on (which it usually isn't)

If you get health crystal first its almost impossible to kill your egg in a 1v1 solo for the first few levels, and I take clarity and teleport for mana/mobility. Then upgrade to catalyst at 850g and then get lvl 1 boots.

at level 18 I'll usually get lich bane after archangels staff for a total 350 AP, i'll hit for 450 physical after two 4-500+ damage spells with her ult ticking away their life. Wall to keep them close to you and frostbite a second time, one last physical hit if they aren't dead yet. I can usually take out most champs 1v1 and commonly double kill 2 of them. Especially if I was the solo (which I try to get as anivia)

XGDragon

Recruiter

02-19-2010

Updated for reflecting past experiences with experimenting.

nohealzforu

03-02-2010

I have recently changed my item build from what these strategies say to my own, that pretty much rapes... dorans ring is fail waste of money early so i start the game with 1 health pot and a 20 AP tomb... In the last 15+ games ive played with this style I have gotten an early kill which lets me very quickly recall back and pick up soulstealer and boots at the same time( upgraded to sorc boots next ).

once you get your sorc boots around lvl 6 you will dominate almost any lane whether it be solo mid or top/bot. I'm not giving away my KEY item that I rush next... my only hint is I have not seen it in this forum..

but then my next item is lich bane for the 500 damage last hits when they are running away... very nice

then zhonyas ring and im pushin 662 AP MELTING FACES

the key I noticed from this build and the build ALLLLLLLLL strategies say is that the strategy guids have more of a mana/AP build and I just couldnt quite finish my kills... when I changed my build to pretty much an ONLY AP build... then yes I had less mana but I melt faces in no time. just be conservative with your mana till the time comes to unleash... under no means do I stop harrassing though and clarity is your next best friend

if the game is really still going by here then i farm an innervating locket for great health regen/mana regen to you and your teammates while spamming your abilities

with this build on an I AVERAGE an 6:1 KD ratio

for the early game play... dont even use a flash frost till lvl 3... this gets the opposing team thinking your a bad player... but really you are just waiting for rank 3 frostbite and having 29 AP already. try only hitting last hits on minions and letting them push up to the tower somewhat so you can then get some really great frosbite's in. If I dont have a kill by lvl 6 then something is wrong.

my gamer tag is "Nohealzforu" if you ever want to experience the OPness of the pheonix hit me up.