How many of you play both LoL and WoW?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anaestheticz

02-17-2011

The reason I'm asking is....well, I play a lot of League of Legends. I used to play World of Warcraft for a long time ago (started in vanilla and quit March 2010 after finishing ICC 25 man)

Thing is...this past Valentine's day, my girlfriend bought me the newest expansion, Cataclysm. I was pretty excited since I kind of just kept talking to her about whether or not I was coming back, but she gave that little push (she also used to play WoW).

It's been a few days, and now I'm still wondering if I should play...but at the same time, I kind of don't. Reasons are....well, my university keeps me busy for the most part. I play League of Legends maybe once or twice every day, but sometimes once or twice every few days depending on how much work I have.

I know I know...doesn't seem like I have a valid point to come across, but...

How do you guys manage the time between LoL and WoW? I understand that you can play WoW while LoL is patching/maintenance and vice versa, but when do you REALLY get the urge to play a specific game?

I'm not making much sense

Seaworth X I I I

02-17-2011

I understand where you are coming from. Honestly, I was pretty addicted to World of Warcraft. Crazy thing is...LoL is the thing that made me quit WoW for good. I leveled my SPriest to 85...then said to myself, "Do I really want to keep running the same content over and over again for gear which will just be replaced."

In retrospect WoW is a very fun/addicting game. But the time requirements just make it difficult.
I enjoy the fact that with LoL you can play a match and not have to dedicate your whole night to it.

To each his own, but I would prefer going out with friends than sitting in the same instance I have seen hundreds of time in hopes that one piece of loot drops.

Meatsleeve

02-17-2011

I do

Anaestheticz

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGbeanOMGXIII View Post
I understand where you are coming from. Honestly, I was pretty addicted to World of Warcraft. Crazy thing is...LoL is the thing that made me quit WoW for good. I leveled my SPriest to 85...then said to myself, "Do I really want to keep running the same content over and over again for gear which will just be replaced."

In retrospect WoW is a very fun/addicting game. But the time requirements just make it difficult.
I enjoy the fact that with LoL you can play a match and not have to dedicate your whole night to it.

To each his own, but I would prefer going out with friends than sitting in the same instance I have seen hundreds of time in hopes that one piece of loot drops.
And the bolded parts are some of the reason of not wanting to go back...I lose motivation in playing WoW, but...I don't know. A lot of my friends play again and every time they talk about it, I feel left out. Kind of the reason why I want to play...

Although, I'm not really into the PVE content as much as I am in running 2v2s and 3v3s (Used to play a Disc Priest and partnered with Rogue or Mage).

So...yea. If I were to play WoW, it would be for PvP purposes, but I feel like LoL's PvP just seems superior.

Trixie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

I do,

Guilds top 5 on server and killed every boss in game ATM.

Azuredragon653

02-17-2011

- Find a guild that only raids a couple of days a week.
- Play LoL on days you don't
- Enjoy life

sammich kek

02-17-2011

lol also made me quit wow

now who wants to buy my 85 goblin shaman, 81 tauren paladin, and 80 rogue?

Trixie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post

<<<<<<<<

Anaestheticz

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post

Lol....I have an 80 Rogue, 80 Warrior, 80 Priest, and 80 Death Knight (although, technically the 80 DK is my girlfriends)

But...raiding isn't my thing. How is the PvP in WoW atm?

What class is FOTM in arena?

Metaphisto

02-17-2011

I play both. I'm in a wpvp guild in wow, so we just rape stormwind's face once a week or so.

When I get tired of it I play lol and vice versa.

Right now the fotm is DK. Next will probably be hunter.