Queue Dodging = A Better Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onlyashadow

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beklynn View Post
Wouldn't going pre-made solve the issues you are queue dodging? It seems like queue dodging is saying "I want good team mates and a quality game, but am unwilling to take the premade penalty because then I lose"

Really queue dodging ends up being premade adjustment dodging.

I don't always have 4 others online and not in games to play with. If all the "play for fun" kids would just premade they wouldn't have to worry about players that care about winning queue dodging them.

Valdorn

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
e.g. players that don't even want to win, they just want to spend 25 minutes moving their avatar around the screen. Once again, thank you for agreeing with me and helping me prove my point.

You know, there is this idea of playing just because you enjoy the game. The idea that winning isn't everything. You know, FUN?!?

Beklynn

01-27-2010

Quote:
I don't always have 4 others online and not in games to play with. If all the "play for fun" kids would just premade they wouldn't have to worry about players that care about winning queue dodging them.
What if they don't have 4 people online to play with. If all the "I need to win" queue dodgers would just premade they wouldn't need to care about play for fun kids in their games.......

Just turns into a 'IM right your wrong" yelling match which is stupid. Queue dodging does negatively impact matchmaking however which I would categorize as a negative. Both sides apparently negatively impact each other's enjoyment of the game which is unfortunate. Queue dodgers also have impact on the system itself which is too bad.

Siger

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nickelstripper View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but I think queue dodging is great!!

It saves a lot of wasted time and frustration. Also, the more people that do it, the more pressure it puts on RIOT to fix the horrendous matchmaking system.

One tip I offer is to make a list of the folks who are awful in your games in word. Alphabetical is even better. From there you can do quick searches on names that ring a bell.

Another tip is to talk to your team. Say anything, like "who wants mid?" If a Warwick pops up and says he calls mid, you know what to do.

I have had a lot of success with this method. The Warwick I mentioned above called me a noob when I told him Ashe might be a better choice in the mid. So I left. Next game he ended up on the other team. He went 0/8/0. Mid indeed.

Good luck on your dodging. Tips appreciated.

UPDATE:

I think people are misunderstanding my post (especially the me me me guy). I don't dodge because I want to win every game, I dodge because I want competitive games!! If I lose to a team of like skill GREAT!!! I'm happy. What I'm not happy about is getting stuck with a player who shouldn't be in the game, such that it turns it into a joke instead of a competitive match.

Agreed.

KeitMacheen

01-27-2010

Quote:
I'm noticing a pattern of:

WANT TO AVOID QUEUE DODGERS? GO PREMADE.
This will only effectively avoid queue dodgers on YOUR team. Queue dodgers must be stopped! Pendragon will put a 10 minute end to them! Muhuhahahaha!

Onlyashadow

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdorn View Post
You know, there is this idea of playing just because you enjoy the game. The idea that winning isn't everything. You know, FUN?!?

I'm not some stonefaced forumnazi sitting here telling people not to have fun.

You can have your fun, I want nothing but good things for you. I just don't want to have fun with you.

let me repeat

I don't want to have fun WITH you. Because that means I lose (likely) and I don't find that fun.

I find a match enjoyable when both sides are evenly matched and there is some back and forth. And that typically doesn't happen with people who pick bad champions or have little experience in game or desire to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becklynn View Post
What if they don't have 4 people online to play with. If all the "I need to win" queue dodgers would just premade they wouldn't need to care about play for fun kids in their games.......
First, I dont' "need to win", I need to not shoot myself in the foot with a bad teammate.

Second:
Obviously not everyone is going to have a 5 man group to go in with, it's common sense. So it's pointless for either side to say "herp derp go premade", as I was doing it earlier to make a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becklynn View Post
Queue dodging does negatively impact matchmaking however which I would categorize as a negative.
As do people who "play for fun" or "are bad". They lower the entire teams ELO causing them to drop into games where they don't belong and cause unbalanced gameplay once they don't get a bad player on their team (3 - 30's + 2 newbs vs 5 newbs, seen it happen and so have the newbs) which further effects the other team negativly.
On top of the original game 25+ minutes of frustration and falure.

Ranzera

01-27-2010

I only qdodge if a friend logs in while I'm in char select and wants to play. So far it's only happened a handful of times.

Beklynn

01-27-2010

There are issues with the matchmaking which Riot has said it will address. They have also said that they don't want queue dodging and it will be penalized. Saying "This system is broken so I'm going to cheat" isn't the answer. Also, engaging in acts that make the imperfect system worse is also very short-sighted.

Valdorn

01-27-2010

...The problem with you dodging is that you mess up the other people's fun. And sometimes people who are GOOD get dodged b/c of their choice of champ. Take me for example: with the exception of my last game (a Jax ganked me repeatedly), I'm extremely good with Karthus. Yet, every 3rd or 4th time I pick him, immediately afterword (as soon as my teammates can see my selection) someone queue dodges. Judging people by their choice of champ, or by a single game you played with them, or because they want to do something unconventional (going mid with Warwick, or another non-carry champ) is unfair, both to that person and to the other 8 people in the game.

The problem with queue dodging is that you're willing to screw 9 (or 4, I'm not sure what happens to the other team if you queue dodge) other people over, just so you don't have to play with a "noob".

alt+f4 should give a leave. Period.

EDIT: I changed my mind. After reading your example here, I've decided that there are occasionaly legit reasons to queue dodge, namely, avoiding people you know to be jerks. As such, queue dodging shouldn't give a leave. But you should still have to wait before re-entering the queue.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranzera View Post
I only qdodge if a friend logs in while I'm in char select and wants to play. So far it's only happened a handful of times.
Again, isn't this what Pre-mades and Practice games are for? Sheesh.